Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:32:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help get me started?  (Read 1047 times)
SmokinCigs (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:28:02 PM

i dont expect anyone to help but thought it was worth a shot...  just looking for .5btc to get me started  i plan on buying 10btc in a few days just thought id ask.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:29:20 PM

I'll get right on that.
kasimir

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:33:03 PM

Sure, do you have an address to send to?
SmokinCigs (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:37:09 PM

i understand people dont trust newbs....but what joy do you get from trolling post? if you dont want to or cant...please keep your comments to your self... like i said ill have btc in a few days... new to the community and i dont know how this all works.  if im crossing boundries than please explain and let me know....dont just troll... be helpful please
ErnestoJuarell

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

¿Sabe lo que quiero decir?

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:39:20 PM

i understand people dont trust newbs....but what joy do you get from trolling post? if you dont want to or cant...please keep your comments to your self... like i said ill have btc in a few days... new to the community and i dont know how this all works.  if im crossing boundries than please explain and let me know....dont just troll... be helpful please
Are you asking for a handout or a loan?

SmokinCigs (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:39:56 PM

thanks kasimer.... what is the normal repayment amount for a loan like this.. im still learning.
14VftcKB6FKex5j7Z4S5usoCRMpKFsrT5C
SmokinCigs (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:41:45 PM

no handouts... i understand this is equivalent to real money and their must be something in it for the lender. unless their is some bitcoin millionaire that is handing out money than i would fully expect some sort of return to the lender
kasimir

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:48:02 PM

thanks kasimer.... what is the normal repayment amount for a loan like this.. im still learning.
14VftcKB6FKex5j7Z4S5usoCRMpKFsrT5C

Hi SmokinCigs,

Consider the interest to be buying someone around you a beer or coffee.  Smiley

Feel free to return the money any time you want to 1PYvTuNsobB88MBfP2hWmACPBDvsDj4YuS .
SmokinCigs (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:00:36 PM

wow...thanks so much...i dont see it in my wallet yet...not sure how long it takes  but i will def give you something more than .5 for helping me out.  this whole concept seems like such a great idea....a currency by the people for the people. we give it value  not some federal reserve that has more power than the u.s. government and can produce money with nothing at all to back it. i hope this becomes the currency of the future because soon the usd and others are going to be worthless....not to mention we are so in debt to china...the whole system is so flawed.
kasimir

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:03:46 PM

It might take some time.  I withdrew some dividend payments from GLBSE straight to your account, so whenever GLBSE gets around to pushing out the coins you'll see them.

Someone else also gave you .2 BTC: http://blockchain.info/address/14VftcKB6FKex5j7Z4S5usoCRMpKFsrT5C 

Looks like you should be set to get started!  Any first plans?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

What the hell is this I'm seeing on blockchain info?
Public Note: You best win some poker chips
SmokinCigs (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:13:40 PM

well it may not be the most responsible thing to do with the funds....but im going to try my luck at poker.  unless  you can leed me in another direction.  since i do not have any mining equipment im not sure how people generate funds. i wonder who else sent me money? strange youre the only person i gave my address to. since i live in the usa and poker sites are illegal ive really missed being able to play.  so thats why i asked for .5  not a lot of money but it still gives me a chance to finally enjoy online poker again with very little risk or investment.  like i said if you or anyone else has a better idea of ways to generate funds than id really like the feedback...and if you know or suspect that sealswithclubs is untrustworthy or a scam id like to know that also..... and if you do not feel comfortable with me using it to play poker i will send it back immediatly after i recieve it....im so new i dont know whats frowned upon and i just want to fit into this community...besides all the scam accusations i see  it seems to be a very friendly and informative site.
greyhawk

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:17:02 PM

What the hell is this I'm seeing on blockchain info?
Public Note: You best win some poker chips

It's a new feature added some days ago:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40264.msg1158100#msg1158100
SmokinCigs (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:17:09 PM

i have .7 in my account now....how can you figure out who sent you money? i dont understand who would send me .2 without my knowledge or asking for it?
Garr255
Legendary

Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:19:51 PM

Anybody else notice that's at least over 100% interest? lol

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
greyhawk

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:22:32 PM

No.

What does beer/coffee cost around where you live? I'd pay €2 (for coffee) / € 2,50 (for beer) at most.
kasimir

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:23:50 PM

Depends, lol.  For the coffee, a small starbucks is around $2, and beers at some pubs on certain nights of the week will be around $2 as well.  Of course, a "venti white chocolate mocha three shots and caramel"... that's a different story.
Garr255
Legendary

Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:25:08 PM

No.

What does beer/coffee cost around where you live? I'd pay €2 (for coffee) / € 2,50 (for beer) at most.

I'm not here to argue the prices of beverages Tongue Still, the prices you said are better than what pirate was paying! haha

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
SmokinCigs (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:24:31 PM

well i ended up losing it...im still register for the 5btc guranteed so well see how that goes... but at such low stakes i think it would be near immpossible to turn a profit on what i had... i figure when i deposit a couple hundred i might be able to play against people that will actually fold a bad hand....but the low stakes are just not worth it...  ill send repayment when i deposit....thanks again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: