Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:59:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened ?  (Read 1886 times)
RappelzReborn (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:54:32 PM

I don't think I remember that good the price before I went off the forums but I'am pretty sure it wasen't that low .
So what exactly happened ? what did I missed and what caused the drop on the price ? I was absent for the last couple of months by the way. I don't have that much of bitcoin to be honest with you but ... well it's just curiousity i guess

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:05:45 PM

Chinese bots decided they could make more money by pushing prices low?

There hasn't been any radical bad news. There aren't enough people who want to buy it.
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:09:24 PM

Chinese bots decided they could make more money by pushing prices low?

There hasn't been any radical bad news. There aren't enough people who want to buy it.

So nothing else but bots ?
Because the days before I leave there was a lot of hacking and exchanges going down , most of them was chinese Shocked wondering if that continued too

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:04:28 PM

I guess hacks happen all the time, but there hasn't been a Gox or a China ban or anything of similar magnitude. Overall the news has been borderline miraculous.

It's a fine demonstration of who's really in control of this market and how much of a hold speculation has over it. Regular folks are few and far between anywhere near an exchange.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 09:10:06 PM

I don't think I remember that good the price before I went off the forums but I'am pretty sure it wasen't that low .
So what exactly happened ? what did I missed and what caused the drop on the price ? I was absent for the last couple of months by the way. I don't have that much of bitcoin to be honest with you but ... well it's just curiousity i guess

There is a huge gap of posting time for your account there but actually none happening between the time you left the forum and come back. Basically it is being manipulated now , price isnt changing much actually since you left forum.

If you check on bitcoin discussion and economics section you can see that there are alot positive news about BTC but there isnt enough force to move the price up since trader are manipulating it right now

Because the days before I leave there was a lot of hacking and exchanges going down , most of them was chinese Shocked wondering if that continued too

Hacking seems could be the reason but it was only a small amount, basically the large amount of hacked BTC from stamp hasnt move yet

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:11:54 PM

Well there are god and bad news but maybe it just needs time. Right now there is more supply than demand I guess that happened..
Anyways, do not lose your faith and have a part of your money, even a small one, with Bitcoin. Maybe it will be helpful in the future.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:37:52 PM

There is possible to say bitcoin achieve price stability,or USA economy and EU economy is in stagnation and bitcoin follow

Or be optimistic it is silence before storm

I agrre chinise bots make money from daily trading,but there is also silence before storm

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:19:09 PM

There is possible to say bitcoin achieve price stability,or USA economy and EU economy is in stagnation and bitcoin follow

I agrre chinise bots make money from daily trading,but there is also silence before storm
Well if you look at the monthly chart, the lowest closing was $219 and highest $243 which seems pretty stable considering what we've had. If you look at the 6m chart the lowest was $171 and highest $379. That tells us that we don't have stability yet.
However I do not believe that this trend can persist. We know that the price tends to depend on the news/major events. It is always calm before a storm.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 02:48:45 PM

if they are indeed making money everyday with trading, it could explain why the swing are becoming more slim each day that pass and why bitcoin is in the current stagnation
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:31:06 PM

Alright , thanks for all your answers guys .
I'am back now and hopefully the forums will be stable and the price of Bitcoin goes up this summer so I can have some fun Grin

chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:05:08 PM

I think its ridiculous to explain the move from 600s to our levels because of bots manipulating the price.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:54:28 PM

I think people are just fed up with the prices, and they feel its not worth it?

I dont know, but obviously the demand isnt there on what people think so far right now.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:44:26 PM

I think its ridiculous to explain the move from 600s to our levels because of bots manipulating the price.

is that even possible though?

I`m unfamiliar how bots can change the price, is it since they buy only at frequent times? or false orders?

RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:07:35 PM

I`m unfamiliar how bots can change the price, is it since they buy only at frequent times? or false orders?

It is possible as far as I know and that's what happened with MtGox when the price raised till 1000$~ or something like that . I wasen't on world that time but that's what I heard , the BOT was named willy AFAIK .

It wasen't that low when I left Shocked It was like 600$~ on the last summer if I remember right that time I heard of Bitcoin but never had any

blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:14:46 PM

Your right it obviously is not just bots but to be honest them and the whales do play a major part in keeping the price low and the manipulation of rising the price when they have accumulated enough at the lower levels which they are happy with.

I think people losing interest has a part to play also as well as big mining farms dumping every coin they have on the market without as much new money coming into the game. Once we have more new money that can buy up all mined coins plus more then we see a nice rise again.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:49:09 PM

It is possible as far as I know and that's what happened with MtGox when the price raised till 1000$~ or something like that . I wasen't on world that time but that's what I heard , the BOT was named willy AFAIK .

It wasen't that low when I left Shocked It was like 600$~ on the last summer if I remember right that time I heard of Bitcoin but never had any

Oh okay, I read something different on with mt.gox.

Something like about phantom deposits, but i`m sure it was a mixture of both. isnt there some tool that exchanges can use to verify orders are from people, not bots? how do you stop this bot crazy orders then.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:14:11 PM

I haven't noticed any change in the past month. Trying to think about it, did I check the price of BTC in the last 30 days? I think I haven't. I don't worry much about BTC going up or down a little, I'm in for the long run.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:03:00 PM

Well, so you think if it wasn't for the price manipulation Bitcoin would be currently at $600.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:04:55 PM

Well, so you think if it wasn't for the price manipulation Bitcoin would be currently at $600.

It might be $6 for all we know.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:03:23 AM

It might be $6 for all we know.
That is the problem here. We will never know. With this volatility bitcoin is not good candidate for global currency at all. And the worst part is - it can't be helped. Are we doomed?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: