Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:41:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a bank you have no business with at all raid your home? No criminal Charges?  (Read 2021 times)
dissipate (OP)

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:27:32 PM

Looks like a bank that you have no mortgage with or business with whatsoever can send men to your house, raid your home of all of its possessions and not face criminal charges:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/09/05/owners-lose-possessions-after-home-near-twentynine-palms-is-mistakenly-foreclosed/

Can any lawyers chime in here and say whether or not the bank can or will face criminal charges or is this simply going to be a civil lawsuit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 03:08:28 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wells-fargo-mistakes-home-neighboring-foreclosed-home/story?id=17185239#.UEwH20RaIXx

This article has more data.  Wells Fargo came back a SECOND TIME and did it again because they hired a different contractor that made the exact same mistake.  Wells Fargo is not being cooperative according to the article they are not returning the family's calls.

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:54:33 AM

If American media lived in reality, Wells Fargo would be denounced as the the brains behind a burglary ring manned with "contractors" rather than soft-pedaling the crimes as mistakes.
dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:05:20 PM

Did anybody hear that story a little while ago about a bank that mistakingly foreclosed on the wrong house?

If I remember correctly, the couple then successfully sued the bank and the bank refused to pay up, so
they hired a company to foreclose on the bank. It was quite funny actually.

Let me see if I can dig up the article for more accurate details
Charlie Prime

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 10:23:21 PM

Hopefully this couple will receive a multi-million dollar payout from Wells Fargo.  Perhaps the company might feel less confident raiding homes after that.

A crew broke into Alvin and Pat Tjosaas’ desert home and took everything after being directed by Wells Fargo to secure the structure.

Why was this "crew" not shot in the act of trespassing and theft?

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 11:56:28 PM

Did anybody hear that story a little while ago about a bank that mistakingly foreclosed on the wrong house?

If I remember correctly, the couple then successfully sued the bank and the bank refused to pay up, so
they hired a company to foreclose on the bank. It was quite funny actually.

Let me see if I can dig up the article for more accurate details

I remember that as well but no link.  They actually got to the point of a sheriffs order to take goods from the bank for auction but the bank paid then on the spot. 

miln40

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:39:30 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/2011-06-06-foreclosure-bank-of-america_n.htm

this is the link

My primary BTC address:
1M5oZcUzHGT3mzNeA73opLUdSPSpKL5NE3
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:49:37 PM

The answer is, of course, no. This was a mistake and the bank's representatives were acting illegally. Had the owner been home he/she could have denied entry until the sheriff came. At that time they would have figured it out. This was not the evil banks being evil, a simple mistake which the bank is responsible for fixing.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dissipate (OP)

Activity: 288

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:02:29 PM

The answer is, of course, no. This was a mistake and the bank's representatives were acting illegally. Had the owner been home he/she could have denied entry until the sheriff came. At that time they would have figured it out. This was not the evil banks being evil, a simple mistake which the bank is responsible for fixing.

A simple mistake of breaking into someone's home and clearing out someone's private possessions twice? Really?  Roll Eyes
Severian

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:03:25 PM

This was not the evil banks being evil

It's a prime example. What are you smoking?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:29:36 PM

This was not the evil banks being evil

It's a prime example. What are you smoking?
The bank did not do this on purpose. Banks are not evil, they are heartless and act in the interest of profitability. This will cost money and the mistake was not even made by the bank. Or are you guys arguing that despite the waste of time and money the bank did this just to be mean?

Charlie Prime

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:32:35 PM

The bank did not do this on purpose.

The guy who killed my grandparents while drunk driving said exactly the same thing; "I didn't wreck into them on purpose".

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Severian

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:46:31 PM

Banks are not evil

At this point, they are. Forged documents, fraudulent methods and criminal tactics used to claim ownership of large numbers of houses while dispossessing millions of people of their homes and their livelihoods is just plain ol' evil.
Severian

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:48:03 PM

The guy who killed my grandparents while drunk driving said exactly the same thing; "I didn't wreck into them on purpose".

Every criminal tries to blame something or someone else for their actions.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:11:54 PM

I'm not saying they are not responsible, just that this is a mistake.
IMO, There is nothing evil about harvesting and selling baby organs for a profit. The motive is profit, not producing suffering. It is awful, but I think of evil as trying to produce suffering even at your expense. The afore mentioned baby organ seller would just as gladly make funny faces for babies to enjoy if there were any money in it.
The balance to banks taking everything from us used to be government. Now they are just a wholly owned division of Wall St. It's up to us now. If you have a bank account close it and move to a credit union; if you have a credit card cancel it and stop using credit. (credit is a sin and considered evil by Christianity and Islam). Next get your credit score to "unscoreable". Unless you do these things, you are the reason that evil exists in banking.

Charlie Prime

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:09:01 PM

"Mistake" implies innocence.

The bank created the condition.  The bank caused the loss.  The bank is responsible just like the drunk driver regardless of mal intent.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Severian

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

"Mistake" implies innocence.

A bank that keeps making the same mistake more than once is either criminal or completely incompetent. There are no other options.
Severian

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 08:46:52 PM

There's some other kind of bank?

I was speaking hypothetically. Smiley
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:36:52 PM

Is what you're saying that it's okay to kill a living baby and take it's heart, kidney, liver or any other part because some rich family has a sick kid they want to heal by any means possible ?

IMO, There is nothing evil about harvesting and selling baby organs for a profit. The motive is profit, not producing suffering. It is awful, but I think of evil as trying to produce suffering even at your expense. The afore mentioned baby organ seller would just as gladly make funny faces for babies to enjoy if there were any money in it.
The balance to banks taking everything from us used to be government. Now they are just a wholly owned division of Wall St. It's up to us now. If you have a bank account close it and move to a credit union; if you have a credit card cancel it and stop using credit. (credit is a sin and considered evil by Christianity and Islam). Next get your credit score to "unscoreable". Unless you do these things, you are the reason that evil exists in banking.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:43:29 PM

Why is the amounts involved so small ?

An hour later, the bank had written a check for $5,772.88.

That started 18 months of frustrating phone calls, paperwork and court hearings.

Seems like a lot of trouble for little money ? I liked the attitude of the attorney though. Must have been awesome to get there with the moving truck and a
moving truck and sheriff's deputies who had a judge's permission to seize the furniture if necessary.

I would've loved to see that from a first hand perspective. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: