Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:00:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Facebook Connect & BitCoin  (Read 3217 times)
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:37:15 PM

I would rather get the facebook users in another way rather than go through facebook.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloud9

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:57:26 PM

I would rather get the facebook users in another way rather than go through facebook.

How would you propose going about if they are an audience to the facebook platform?

LegitBit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 09:03:19 PM

Would you use facebook connect to register for a website which gives you free bitcoins?

Or would you prefer the website have it's own registration process?

Well I personally hate creating new accounts, but though Facebook....? Ehhhhh.....

If you are asking if it will be successful? Go for it. It will. I personally don't like it, but the fact is that it will generate new users effectively.

Why not Google Authentication? Sure they do the same data mining as Facebook, but I do trust them more.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 11:01:32 PM

/headdesk

Some of you just do NOT seem to be able to get past your hatred of all things Facebook. And I suppose that's fine, but at some point there's going to have to be a Bitcoin presence on Facebook. There's no other good way to reach that crowd, and that crowd are the ones who Bitcoin is ultimately going to have to bring on board if the currency is to be successful.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:41:18 AM

/headdesk

Some of you just do NOT seem to be able to get past your hatred of all things Facebook. And I suppose that's fine, but at some point there's going to have to be a Bitcoin presence on Facebook. There's no other good way to reach that crowd, and that crowd are the ones who Bitcoin is ultimately going to have to bring on board if the currency is to be successful.

The Facebook userbase != the Facebook platform.  Creating a presence on Facebook is far far different than allowing Facebook to auth every connection to your highly secure bitcoin trading/retail/information site.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: