Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:42:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] The Monero BEAR thread.  (Read 2903 times)
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:37:55 PM

Hi Doomero!

I won't call you a troll (we're all trolls here  Cheesy) or a puppet.

But if you aren't short XMR, I will call you a chicken.

The Monero haters hate Monero because they fear it, and are jealous of its present success and vast potential.

But they wouldn't dare put their money where their mouths are.

Even though interest rates on XMR loans are near zero, they are still too chicken to risk getting their teeth broken in the inevitable resumption of XMR's moonward trajectory.

Last week, I spent 0.1 BTC (~60 XMR actually) to break Dash's rally.  It was well worth it, both for the satisfaction of stomping on their scammy sandcastle and putting my convictions into action.  The potential profit was just gravy (although next time I'll take some green before adding more red).

What are you doing, besides talking, to demonstrate your belive XMR is in a bear market?

How effective is that 0.1 BTC action? Did it last more than 30mins?

It took Dash from +12% to barely green, but then Duffman put out a pumpy PR and I got GTFO.

Anyway, this is the XMR bear thread, so who is going to short XMR and report back on their results?

[crickets.png]

[tumbleweeds.gif]

Nobody.  Cry

Strange that none of the bears in this thread have the guts to openly take a short position

Easier to talk trash than put your BTC where your mouth is I guess
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:59:42 PM

Hi Doomero!

The Monero haters hate Monero because they fear it, and are jealous of its present success and vast potential.

Even though interest rates on XMR loans are near zero, they are still too chicken to risk getting their teeth broken in the inevitable resumption of XMR's moonward trajectory.

Last week, I spent 0.1 BTC (~60 XMR actually) to break Dash's rally.  It was well worth it, both for the satisfaction of stomping on their scammy sandcastle and putting my convictions into action.  The potential profit was just gravy (although next time I'll take some green before adding more red).

What are you doing, besides talking, to demonstrate your belive XMR is in a bear market?

It took Dash from +12% to barely green, but then Duffman put out a pumpy PR and I got GTFO.

Anyway, this is the XMR bear thread, so who is going to short XMR and report back on their results?

[crickets.png]

[tumbleweeds.gif]

Nobody.  Cry

Strange that none of the bears in this thread have the guts to openly take a short position

Easier to talk trash than put your BTC where your mouth is I guess

It shows me they are mere trolls who pathetically tries to manipulate Monero's price down with their mouths but the coin price is stable and has a nice bottom formation on the charts.
Last time the bottom was formed around 0.001 for some time and then it started a bull run that took us straight to low 0.004's and now looks the bottom is slightly below 0.002 (around 0.0019 - give or take).
When the multichannel marketing kicks in, the price is explosive.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 11:18:12 PM

Hi Doomero!

[crickets.png]

[tumbleweeds.gif]

Nobody.  Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 01:21:33 AM

iCEBREAKER he's name is Eduardo deCastro a known scammer https://hashfastscam.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/scam-starts-at-the-top-with-ceo-of-hashfast/ also trying so hard to push every one else buttons so he can make even more money.

Are you saying Monero is a scam?

If you are, why don't you try shorting it?

Chicken?   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:16:28 AM

iCEBREAKER he's name is Eduardo deCastro a known scammer https://hashfastscam.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/scam-starts-at-the-top-with-ceo-of-hashfast/ also trying so hard to push every one else buttons so he can make even more money.

Chicken?   Wink

do not short Monero, or your account will eventually be margin called and you will lose everything.

No one here want's to be the last one to give he's money away, what's wrong did you and cryptonaire shorted and worried about losing you're coins. Isn't Monero going to the Moon? why would I as an investor take money from traders this ugly way? besides all that I don't deal with interest this is why I like PoW coins Monero would've been a coin i'd invest in but I also look at the developer the man said I can give you Masternodes and he did the man said I can have Instant Transactions and he did a man who backs what he says by showing it less talk and more action...what did you're 29 developers say and did?

Listen I really don't mind Monero been spammed like it's going to save the World issues 2morrow but don't come to other Ann threads and push it there keep it here no one cares come to other coin Ann threads and it gets annoying.

You might want to ask Peter Todd or Greg Maxwell about what they think about the "cryptography" behind your masternodes or instant transactions.

Hint: https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/622022840330682368
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 07:55:53 AM

Chicken?   Wink

do not short Monero, or your account will eventually be margin called and you will lose everything.

No one here want's to be the last one to give he's money away, what's wrong did you and cryptonaire shorted and worried about losing you're coins. Isn't Monero going to the Moon? why would I as an investor take money from traders this ugly way? besides all that I don't deal with interest this is why I like PoW coins Monero would've been a coin i'd invest in but I also look at the developer the man said I can give you Masternodes and he did the man said I can have Instant Transactions and he did a man who backs what he says by showing it less talk and more action...what did you're 29 developers say and did?

Listen I really don't mind Monero been spammed like it's going to save the World issues 2morrow but don't come to other Ann threads and push it there keep it here no one cares come to other coin Ann threads and it gets annoying.

We are basically challenging your view.
If you think Monero sucks and becomes worthless, pretty much the only thing you can make money out of it is shorting it.
Margin calls come if you are wrong and the price starts to rise. But if you are sure enough, you short even more.  Wink

Yes, this is the best way to lose money becomes Monero is not worthless and will not become worthless but grow bigger and bigger every day.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:29:36 AM

Chicken?   Wink

If you think Monero sucks and becomes worthless, pretty much the only thing you can make money out of it is shorting it.
Margin calls come if you are wrong and the price starts to rise. But if you are sure enough, you short even more.  Wink

Yes, this is the best way to lose money becomes Monero is not worthless and will not become worthless but grow bigger and bigger every day.

Actually it doesn't becomes bigger because it's POW and mining becomes more expensive as more people mine it so you not only have the sell pressure from miners but the ridiculously large Blockchain which you also have to store and pay for. The Monero Blockchain at 3 GB is the second largest Blockchain besides Bitcoin, if it had the same amount of volume, the size would grow at 1-2 GB a month. How about instead of sepnding time spreading useless spam about nothing and no advancement and only go on and on about Dash, that you guys spend some time and figure out how to make the Blockchain permanently under 100 MB via pruning and Proof of Stake, if you guys can do that then I'll rejoice along side you and buy but until then I'm going to wait until price hits maximum velocity and then short it because you can't have a perma-bull in these conditions.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:41:56 AM

Chicken?   Wink

Margin calls come if you are wrong and the price starts to rise. But if you are sure enough, you short even more.  Wink

Actually it doesn't becomes bigger because it's POW and mining becomes more expensive as more people mine it so you not only have the sell pressure from miners but the ridiculously large Blockchain which you also have to store and pay for. The Monero Blockchain at 3 GB is the second largest Blockchain besides Bitcoin, if it had the same amount of volume, the size would grow at 1-2 GB a month. How about instead of sepnding time spreading useless spam about nothing and no advancement and only go on and on about Dash, that you guys spend some time and figure out how to make the Blockchain permanently under 100 MB via pruning and Proof of Stake, if you guys can do that then I'll rejoice along side you and buy but until then I'm going to wait until price hits maximum velocity and then short it because you can't have a perma-bull in these conditions.

I am using webwallet called Mymonero so I do not need to care about the blockchain issues.
When the price pumps and if it goes to bubble, then probably shorting pays you nicely. Honestly I don't think Monero will go much lower from here (it can do it but every day the bottom formation is stronger and stronger). It basically has only one way and it is up.
I am not a permabull guy - I am bull when I see there is higher chances that the price goes up than it goes down. When the situation is the opposite, I change my opinion. Being anything perma is stupid IMO.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:18:57 AM

Monero Blockchain at 3 GB is the second largest Blockchain besides Bitcoin, if it had the same amount of volume, the size would grow at 1-2 GB a month.

Bitcoin is growing at >2 GB per month so if Monero had the same volume it would grow faster, but only by a small factor (maybe 2-3). Apparently, though, you think 1-2 GB per month is unacceptable so Bitcoin must be a failure in your view.

Dash, that you guys spend some time and figure out how to make the Blockchain permanently under 100 MB via pruning

Pruning does not reduce the size of the blockchain, only the amount that needs to be stored, unless you throw away information needed to verify it that the blockchain is actually valid. Similar storage optimizations can be done with Monero as well.

and Proof of Stake

So let me get this straight. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th largest coins are all PoW (I'm not counting ripple since I don't really consider it a cryptocurrency, but in any case it isn't PoS), yet somehow you've decided you know better than the market and we all need to switch to PoS. Wonderful.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 02:20:20 PM

A general PSA about short-selling: Short selling is profoundly different than ordinary cash investing. With the latter, you can buy on solid fundamentals and wait for the value to be recognized by the market. Taking this approach as a short-seller is a time-proven way to have your head handed to you. Case in point: back in tha day, my dad saw a hyped-up company and correctly figured out it was riding for a hard fall. He shorted it at ~$8. In the long term, he was absolutely right: it did fall hard. But in the interim, that piece o' garbage got hyped up to >$30 and my dad closed his short with a loss.

Short selling is far more of a trader's game than an investor's game: timing the short sale is crucial. If you short-sell based on lousy fundamentals, you will learn the meaning of the old Irish saying, "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished."

That said, I'm more of a Monero bull than a Monero bear - particularly at these prices. I'm writing this PSA to pass along some hard-knock wisdom which applies to short selling in general. PSA out.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:24:39 PM

Monero is a VERY good coin!  (lol)

~CfA~

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 07:02:56 PM

A general PSA about short-selling: Short selling is profoundly different than ordinary cash investing. With the latter, you can buy on solid fundamentals and wait for the value to be recognized by the market. Taking this approach as a short-seller is a time-proven way to have your head handed to you. Case in point: back in tha day, my dad saw a hyped-up company and correctly figured out it was riding for a hard fall. He shorted it at ~$8. In the long term, he was absolutely right: it did fall hard. But in the interim, that piece o' garbage got hyped up to >$30 and my dad closed his short with a loss.

Short selling is far more of a trader's game than an investor's game: timing the short sale is crucial. If you short-sell based on lousy fundamentals, you will learn the meaning of the old Irish saying, "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished."

That said, I'm more of a Monero bull than a Monero bear - particularly at these prices. I'm writing this PSA to pass along some hard-knock wisdom which applies to short selling in general. PSA out.

And, in a market as illiquid as Poloniex XMR, the whale you borrowed the 10k XMR to short with at 0.002 could place a 10k sell wall at 0.0025 (a Polo insider could calc the exact optimal number) and buy all the coins up to his 0.0025 sell wall and force you to close your short and buy the whales 10k coins at 0.0025. This is probably why some people try to get you to short it.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:06:31 AM

Monero Blockchain at 3 GB is the second largest Blockchain besides Bitcoin, if it had the same amount of volume, the size would grow at 1-2 GB a month.

Bitcoin is growing at >2 GB per month so if Monero had the same volume it would grow faster, but only by a small factor (maybe 2-3). Apparently, though, you think 1-2 GB per month is unacceptable so Bitcoin must be a failure in your view.

Yes I do and routinely see people complaining about how it takes a week for them to host any kind of node and the costs of running it, this is why I am not hosting a Bitcoin node myself.

Dash, that you guys spend some time and figure out how to make the Blockchain permanently under 100 MB via pruning

Pruning does not reduce the size of the blockchain, only the amount that needs to be stored, unless you throw away information needed to verify it that the blockchain is actually valid. Similar storage optimizations can be done with Monero as well.

Yes and when it can and is being done then I will happily invest in it.

and Proof of Stake

So let me get this straight. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th largest coins are all PoW (I'm not counting ripple since I don't really consider it a cryptocurrency, but in any case it isn't PoS), yet somehow you've decided you know better than the market and we all need to switch to PoS. Wonderful.

Yes, and I have been against Proof of Work since I have been a part of Bitcointalk because it's wasteful and drains investment. Bitcoin, LiteCoin and DogeCoin are only secure by it because they have been entrenched so long but does nothing for price and if they were Proof of Stake, everyone would be much better off. If I wanted Coins I would not buy a miner and hope for ROI, I would just buy and trade Coins.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:44:32 AM

Monero is a VERY good coin! 
~CfA~

Excellent observation.  Cheesy

~TcN~
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:07:41 PM

Last Time to sell high?? Huh
I Say we are going to sub 0.0015 soon

Do you think we will go su 0.0015 this year?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: