Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:05:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] The Monero BEAR thread.  (Read 2903 times)
Doomero (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:03:07 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 10:41:49 PM by Doomero

Hello.

There is no home for the monero bears on this forum. Everytime we open our mouths, we are called trolls or puppets or whatever new word these professional cheerleaders have recently learned.  We need a home where contrarians will be free to express their opinions without any kind of censorship. We need a home were we can party when monero price plummets. We need a home to support each other when monero goes into bubble mode.

Who are we ?

Some of us like monero so much that we want a bigger stack ; some of us hate monero and just want to short it to oblivion ; some of us dont care about monero but are fed up with the amount of cheerleading it receives on this part of the forum ; everyone of us feel a great amount of joy when monero crashes.

My dear friends, you now have a place you can call HOME !

https://i.imgflip.com/ltvcp.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doomero (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:43:34 PM

Let's start a discussion :

Is americanpegasus a good addition to the monero cheerleading team ? Don't you guys find it pretty convenient that after one week of him posting random shit on the forum monero price goes to shit ? Maybe he's on our team ? Maybe he's an idiot ? I can't tell. I hope he keeps doing what he's doing though. It seems to serve our purposes.

On a side note, who are the idiots buying monero at 0.0019 ? What are they thinking ? Are they thinking at all or have they been brainwashed ?
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:06:03 AM

Let's start a discussion :

Is americanpegasus a good addition to the monero cheerleading team ? Don't you guys find it pretty convenient that after one week of him posting random shit on the forum monero price goes to shit ? Maybe he's on our team ? Maybe he's an idiot ? I can't tell. I hope he keeps doing what he's doing though. It seems to serve our purposes.

On a side note, who are the idiots buying monero at 0.0019 ? What are they thinking ? Are they thinking at all or have they been brainwashed ?

The 1w graph has been heading for a MACD crossover for the last 3 weeks. Anyone paying attention to what I wrote 3 weeks ago would have made the educated guess that .0016-.002 was a decent buying range, and .0018-.0016 would have been optimal, while anything under .0016 would have been in the miss-the-bills-this-month-because-i'm-going-to-outpace-the-fees-and-interest-rates range.

All that said, I think it's made some headway there, yet remain a bear.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:16:36 PM

It does look like market manipulation.

Market manipulation will not affect the long term performance of XMR.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:49:44 PM

Everytime we open our mouths, we are called trolls or puppets or whatever new word these professional cheerleaders have recently learned

everyone of us feel a great amount of joy when monero crashes.

And you are not a troll, lol right
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:13:51 PM

Everytime we open our mouths, we are called trolls or puppets or whatever new word these professional cheerleaders have recently learned

everyone of us feel a great amount of joy when monero crashes.

And you are not a troll, lol right

Trolls aren't the only ones that want to see the price of Monero go down. Now that Poloniex allows short sales, there is new opportunities to make a profit from the plummeting price of Monero. So perhaps he's not a troll. Maybe he's a short seller. There is a difference.

mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:05:02 PM

Last Time to sell high?? Huh
I Say we are going to sub 0.0015 soon
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 07:28:20 PM

Hi Doomero!

I won't call you a troll (we're all trolls here  Cheesy) or a puppet.

But if you aren't short XMR, I will call you a chicken.

The Monero haters hate Monero because they fear it, and are jealous of its present success and vast potential.

But they wouldn't dare put their money where their mouths are.

Even though interest rates on XMR loans are near zero, they are still too chicken to risk getting their teeth broken in the inevitable resumption of XMR's moonward trajectory.

Last week, I spent 0.1 BTC (~60 XMR actually) to break Dash's rally.  It was well worth it, both for the satisfaction of stomping on their scammy sandcastle and putting my convictions into action.  The potential profit was just gravy (although next time I'll take some green before adding more red).

What are you doing, besides talking, to demonstrate your belive XMR is in a bear market?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:40:45 AM

Hi Doomero!

The Monero haters hate Monero because they fear it, and are jealous of its present success and vast potential.

Even though interest rates on XMR loans are near zero, they are still too chicken to risk getting their teeth broken in the inevitable resumption of XMR's moonward trajectory.

Last week, I spent 0.1 BTC (~60 XMR actually) to break Dash's rally.  It was well worth it, both for the satisfaction of stomping on their scammy sandcastle and putting my convictions into action.  The potential profit was just gravy (although next time I'll take some green before adding more red).

What are you doing, besides talking, to demonstrate your belive XMR is in a bear market?

How effective is that 0.1 BTC action? Did it last more than 30mins?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:37:09 PM

Bears will be killed by the bull's horns when the bulls start to roar.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:19:57 PM

I would not buy Monero because

1. It's POW which would make it unsustainable to reach heights of $20, $100, or $1000 per Coin.
2. Massive amount of Bloat that makes the Blockchain unsustainable for local users to hold, mining and the platform is centralized among Mymonero.
3. The Monero Community has this vendetta against Dash and many spend their time slinging childish insults, I don't care about which is better, same goes for Dash.

The ring signatures is a nice feature for anonymity but the sheer amount of bloat outweighs the positives. I would definitely not be buying right now because of the many threads, many threads spamming is always the best indication to sell if you have it.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 10:02:56 PM

3. The Monero Community has this vendetta against Dash and many spend their time slinging childish insults, I don't care about which is better, same goes for Dash.

What frontier would be complete without a Hatfield-McCoy-type feud? Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 11:16:14 PM

XMR is a fucking shitcoin with moronic shills.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:14:55 AM

2. Massive amount of Bloat that makes the Blockchain unsustainable for local users to hold, mining and the platform is centralized among Mymonero.

You could say the same about BTC, majority of users aren't running a full node storing the close to 40GB bitcoin blockchain, but some care enough to do it. Same with Monero.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:53:37 AM

You could say the same about BTC, majority of users aren't running a full node storing the close to 40GB bitcoin blockchain, but some care enough to do it. Same with Monero.

Ya talking about the blockchain-size and use it as weak-spot is pretty useless when almost everyone on btc is running electrum, multibit, blockchain.info and etc.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 05:17:41 AM

Hi Doomero!

It took Dash from +12% to barely green, but then Duffman put out a pumpy PR and I got GTFO.

Anyway, this is the XMR bear thread, so who is going to short XMR and report back on their results?

[crickets.png]

[tumbleweeds.gif]

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 08:01:07 AM

Anyway, this is the XMR bear thread, so who is going to short XMR and report back on their results?

[crickets.png]

[tumbleweeds.gif]

Just watch the XMR loan interest rate continue to skyrocket. Oh wait...

All hot air.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:16:27 AM

What frontier would be complete without a Hatfield-McCoy-type feud? Grin

This is true in many respects and can be beneficial in many ways but should atleast be funny so if there are two parties calling each other fuckwits, retards and idiots it makes me want to take my business elsewhere.

Ya talking about the blockchain-size and use it as weak-spot is pretty useless when almost everyone on btc is running electrum, multibit, blockchain.info and etc.

It was mentioned early on about the very large size growth yearly from the Cryptonote Coins (multi-gigabytes per year), and if I remember correctly the growth of Monero was something like 6 GB a year (a correct figure would be nice). Such large growth per year centralizes the mining and the majority of the mining tends to happen through Mymonero as a result and if you have a Blockchain with more than 10GB of data then people do not bother to host nodes for it or local wallets. It is more anonymous with ring signatures but much more centralized because the majority are going to use their wallets through Mymonero, that increases rick and a central point of failure. There was mention of wanting to do pruning of the Blockchain in the original whitepaper but to date there has not been anything of the sort. In short, if Monero was as widely used as Bitcoin, the growth of the Blockchain would be completely unsustainable growing multi-gigabytes in size a month.

Does Monero have electrum wallets? What are it's key strengths besides ring signatures and it's emission curve?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:32:22 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 11:14:05 PM by smooth

if I remember correctly the growth of Monero was something like 6 GB a year (a correct figure would be nice)

The actual size of the blockchain was roughly 2.7 GB on May 22 of this year which is about 13 months after launch. Confusion arises because the original code stores the blockchain in a very inefficient format, with a lot of duplicated information. In addition, for a few months last year there was a poor design in the pool code which created a huge number of tiny payout transactions, bloating the chain, and there was also at least one spam attack when the default transaction fees were unrealistically low. Both of these are not ongoing issues so the actual rate of growth is significantly lower.

Such large growth per year centralizes the mining and the majority of the mining tends to happen through Mymonero

Mymonero has nothing to do with mining.

It is true that the bigger the blockchain the less likely it is that people will run nodes. Possibly offsetting that, people can never achieve the highest levels of privacy by using something like MyMonero or a foreign node, so the nature of the coin being one that exists to provide privacy, this may motivate more of at least the serious users to run their own nodes.

We've also done a fair amount of work to enable nodes to work well on very inexpensive hardware. An always-on node can probable be had for <$100 with negligible power use, although with fewer performance compromises if you spend maybe $150. I don't think storage is going to be a major obstacle any time soon given the above numbers and the cheap cost of 32 GB or 64 GB flash cards. I just checked and you can now buy a 64 GB card for $12.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:36:00 PM

Hi Doomero!

It took Dash from +12% to barely green, but then Duffman put out a pumpy PR and I got GTFO.

[crickets.png]

[tumbleweeds.gif]

Nobody.  Cry
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: