Author Topic: john20  (Read 2571 times)
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:04:53 PM

Flaw? Please learn how thing work before enabling these bottom feeding scammers again. There is no flaw.
There is a flaw. Everyone he tries to scam can claim their money back, providing they're not stupid.

He still gets the money though. By the time you get around to processing a charge back (he'll stall/delay for as long as he can to withdraw the money), the stolen PayPal account he's using has already been abandoned. He gets the money no matter if your charge back is successful or not. There is no flaw.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alva5763 (OP)

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:14:12 PM

I had already done a successful deal with him so was a bit surprised this time. Will try a paypal claim.
Fishbones78

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:56:22 PM

I had already done a successful deal with him so was a bit surprised this time. Will try a paypal claim.
I'm sure I read a sticky on the lending board about this. They'll do a couple of small trades to build the trust, and then run without paying.
BurgerKill

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:59:30 PM

I'm sure I read a sticky on the lending board about this. They'll do a couple of small trades to build the trust, and then run without paying.

That's pretty much the habit of scammers. I've seen so many trades that sent wrong as the scammer did a small deal and then did the scamming deal with the same person.
btctxns

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:32:23 PM

You don't need to read a sticky. It's common fucking sense.

Seriously, how do some of you guys get by in life? I really hope this board is just like 80% children and you all aren't actually making adult decisions on a daily basis. If so, I seriously worry for your well-being and for the well-being of those you are responsible for. Please try to educate yourselves on how to think critically. It will pay dividends 1000x greater than any amount you could ever make off coin in 100 years.
alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:41:36 PM

A bit critical reply there. How do you manage to do small trades? Exchange fees are far too high. I took a risk and lost. That happens in life. I ran my own business for 17 years and took risks,a lot more than a few dollars worth of bitcoin. I managed to retire at 54 so I must have made some correct adult  descisions. For me this is a hobby at night but that does not mean I want to be scammed. I am still looking for trusted members to deal with me.
Fishbones78

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:53:36 PM

You don't need to read a sticky. It's common fucking sense.

Seriously, how do some of you guys get by in life? I really hope this board is just like 80% children and you all aren't actually making adult decisions on a daily basis. If so, I seriously worry for your well-being and for the well-being of those you are responsible for. Please try to educate yourselves on how to think critically. It will pay dividends 1000x greater than any amount you could ever make off coin in 100 years.
I agree, it's common sense, I was referring to a source. If everybody knew it, there wouldn't need to be a sticky, so some people are clearly just getting into BTC and are still learning about it. No need to act like that about it, I seriously worry for your social skills.
btctxns

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:18:07 PM

A bit critical reply there. How do you manage to do small trades? Exchange fees are far too high. I took a risk and lost. That happens in life. I ran my own business for 17 years and took risks,a lot more than a few dollars worth of bitcoin. I managed to retire at 54 so I must have made some correct adult  descisions. For me this is a hobby at night but that does not mean I want to be scammed. I am still looking for trusted members to deal with me.

The normal rules of daily life do not apply to coin. It is absolutely nothing like running a normal business in a normal society on a normal day. There, sure, people "take risks," like using their last line of credit to open a coffee shop in a busy metro area. But coin isn't anything like the normal "risk-taking" that happens in normal, civilized society. I shouldn't need to elaborate.

I agree, it's common sense, I was referring to a source. If everybody knew it, there wouldn't need to be a sticky, so some people are clearly just getting into BTC and are still learning about it. No need to act like that about it, I seriously worry for your social skills.

My social inadequacies aside, we need to stop the song and dance stuck on replay here. I don't know why the mods think the current situation is acceptable. There needs to be one central thread for this same old shit that keeps happening, titled: "Post here if you have no rep whatsoever and yet still expect to do a trade with paypal/dwolla/PM/okpay and any other reversible payment methods," with the first post specifically stating that the individual should not expect anyone to trade with them. Merge all future "$28013981023 paypal for your 0.05btc I won't scam pinky promise" threads with that one. Done. The board just got 95% cleaner and I can then SEE all the threads that are actually trying to start serious trades.
Fishbones78

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:38:57 PM

The normal rules of daily life do not apply to coin. It is absolutely nothing like running a normal business in a normal society on a normal day. There, sure, people "take risks," like using their last line of credit to open a coffee shop in a busy metro area. But coin isn't anything like the normal "risk-taking" that happens in normal, civilized society. I shouldn't need to elaborate.

My social inadequacies aside, we need to stop the song and dance stuck on replay here. I don't know why the mods think the current situation is acceptable. There needs to be one central thread for this same old shit that keeps happening, titled: "Post here if you have no rep whatsoever and yet still expect to do a trade with paypal/dwolla/PM/okpay and any other reversible payment methods," with the first post specifically stating that the individual should not expect anyone to trade with them. Merge all future "$28013981023 paypal for your 0.05btc I won't scam pinky promise" threads with that one. Done. The board just got 95% cleaner and I can then SEE all the threads that are actually trying to start serious trades.
Well I've been trading fine with PP. Yes, I could chargeback as I type this, but I don't plan to (which means nothing to you, Im the only one that can believe that). Currently, the loaning board is flooded with newbies asking for no collateral loans, so I have to agree that we do need to cut the crap with all the scammers at the moment. How we go about that though, is the debatable.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:05:52 AM

That is quite given and applies everywhere. Even in your government it does happen. And I know someone who just build trust and look into trading paypal to bitcoin.

alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:39:24 AM

The problem is how do trustworthy members manage to trade bitcoin with paypal and how to identify a scammer. I have read various stickies but a newbie,as I was recently,doen't mean scammer. I am still looking for a trusted seller who will accept paypal.
Fishbones78

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:56:42 AM

That is quite given and applies everywhere. Even in your government it does happen. And I know someone who just build trust and look into trading paypal to bitcoin.
Is that aimed at me CEG?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: