Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk and Security  (Read 1208 times)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:24:34 PM

Are you by any chance trying to say that I falsified data?
I pulled it from a source that should be much more credible than your words. Saying that they have different security profiles doesn't make them secure.

Now, why did someone even mention this?
You are just another smartass who probably couldn't recognize a big-endian box even if it dropped on your head. There's no point of taking security advice from such "credible sources".

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 06:39:07 PM

You are just another smartass who probably couldn't recognize a big-endian box even if it dropped on your head. There's no point of taking security advice from such "credible sources".
Excellent. Another one to suggest for the list. Ad hominem anyone?
I'm not taking advice; I've read it. I've asked for elaboration and sources nothing else. You failed to provide any.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:48:07 PM

Excellent. Another one to suggest for the list. Ad hominem anyone?
I'm not taking advice; I've read it. I've asked for elaboration and sources nothing else. You failed to provide any.
I'll actually change "smartass" to "dumbass" if you are unable to find a source on the Internet that SPARC in a native big-endian architecture.

Edit: I'm going to actually quote today's post by gmaxwell in another thread. It isn't ad-hominem, it is more like ad-chimpanzeem.

No one is advocating "just ignoring";  but the fact that we're not yet able to completely mitigate the risk of harm due to chimpanzees with firearms does not mean that it would be wise to start handing out uzis at the zoo or, especially, that we're somehow obligated to arm those primates who have failed find any firearms on their own.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 06:51:29 PM

I'll actually change "smartass" to "dumbass" if you are unable to find a source on the internet that SPARC in a native big-endian architecture.
Changing the subject, are we?
Solaris is actually a pair of quite distinct OS-es: the classic big-endian SPARC one and the newfangled little-endian on x86/x64. They have significantly different security profiles.
You've claimed that Solaris was much safer and that the graph was false. One last try?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:17:33 PM

You've claimed that Solaris was much safer and that the graph was false. One last try?

don't want to put words to his mouth but I think, that it was because less people are familiar with solaris (and other "less used" platforms like aix, hp unix etc) then with some common distro like RHEL, what can run anybody everywhere and obtain the skills much easier..
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:33:57 PM

OpenVMS is considered a highly secure and reliable operating system relied upon by large enterprises around the globe such as Stock Exchanges, Governments and Infrastructure for critical operations.
It is supposedly the most secure system in the world.
As well as many small & medium businesses that continue to run it on HP Integrity/Itanium boxes.
You've got to be kidding. Check the graph.
I'm not kidding. This graphs is a classical example of data falsification. Solaris is actually a pair of quite distinct OS-es: the classic big-endian SPARC one and the newfangled little-endian on x86/x64. They have significantly different security profiles.

"Hey I just made DogieOS today, its the most secure in the world because its never been hacked and there are no vulnerabilities." Its the same claims Apple made for IOS and OSX, before immediately getting rekt by 100s of exploits.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:51:56 PM

don't want to put words to his mouth but I think, that it was because less people are familiar with solaris (and other "less used" platforms like aix, hp unix etc) then with some common distro like RHEL, what can run anybody everywhere and obtain the skills much easier..
The he made a false statement. That doesn't make the OS safer nor harder to hack, it makes it inconvenient.
There is a difference.

"Hey I just made DogieOS today, its the most secure in the world because its never been hacked and there are no vulnerabilities." Its the same claims Apple made for IOS and OSX, before immediately getting rekt by 100s of exploits.
Finally.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: