I was somewhat disappointed that pretty much nobody had dared to speculate beyond the year 2013 on this subforum. Thus I decided to open with my own thread.
10) The competition for better ASIC will produce hash race
20) After the NRE (Non-Recurring Engineering) costs are recovered the marginally cheap ASICs will lead to overhash
30) The newly manufactured ASICs will be installed but not pointed at any mining pools under the doctrine of Mutual Assured Double-spend (MAD)
40) Under the above doctrine all new mining rigs will be quipped with Permissive Hashing Links
controlled by hashing briefcases
in possesion of the presidents of the major mining companies.
50) The grassroots movements will force the presidents of mining corporations to meet at the Strategic MIning Limitation Encounter (SMILE)
in Helsinki, Finland.
60) The further pressure of public opinion will cause the stockpile of fabricated, but not deployed mining rigs to be destructed under the aegis of Strategic HAshing Munition Eradication (SHAME)
I decided to use the increment of 10 on the above list to allow quick insertion of further items that refine the timeline.
Please share your refinements below.