Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:54:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putin Signs Russian Law To Shut Down ‘Undesirable Organizations’  (Read 1153 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:10:30 PM

Putin Signs Russian Law To Shut Down ‘Undesirable Organizations’

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a bill Saturday giving prosecutors the power to declare foreign and international organizations “undesirable” in the country and shut them down.

Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have condemned the measure as part of an “ongoing draconian crackdown which is squeezing the life out of civil society.”

The law is part of a campaign to stifle the dissent that intensified after Putin began his third term in 2012. His return to the presidency had been accompanied by mass street protests that Putin accused the U.S. of fomenting. Russia suspects of Western intentions have been further heightened because of tensions over Russia’s role in the conflict in Ukraine.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/05/24/putin-signs-russian-law-to-shut-down-undesirable-organizations/?intcmp=latestnews

BLKBITZ

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:57:24 PM

One has to shut down any ability for the peasants to see the outside so they don't know what they are missing.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:59:38 PM

One has to shut down any ability for the peasants to see the outside so they don't know what they are missing.
Don't be ridiculous, any country has samilar regulation of foreign NGO's activity. And FauxNews knows about that. Grin
solstoce

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:02:41 PM

Pretty sure he did this with or without the bill
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:07:05 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2015, 10:31:50 PM by Balthazar

Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have condemned the measure as part of an “ongoing draconian crackdown which is squeezing the life out of civil society.”
Well, then Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International should take a closer look to USA. This "ongoing draconian crackdown which is squeezing the life out of civil society" is nothing but a photocopy of NGO licensing policy used by the well known beacon of democracy.  Grin

This law is asking NGO's to register as foreign agents, so to get a license. How is that different from this:
Before foreign organizations are able to conduct activities in any particular U.S. state, they must apply for a license to conduct business in that state.

Oh yeah, I forget that if the United States are applying licensing policy, then it's democratic. If Russia is trying to do the same, then it's surely a sign of dictatorship.

Don't you think that we already have enough of this doublethink statements? Cheesy Seriously, try to stop being a sheep.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:42:30 PM

this is how a leader who cares for his country and people acts. no foreign funded agencies which seek to undermine and divide russia should be tolerated. should hopefully spells the end for sodomite advocacy groups and the pro nato/eu traitors.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:49:44 PM

Don't be ridiculous, any country has samilar regulation of foreign NGO's activity. And FauxNews knows about that. Grin

Yes. I made sure to add my #triggerwarning foxnews logo before the link so your pulse would not go up by clicking on it inadvertently 

Smiley

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:18:04 PM

this is how a leader who cares for his country and people acts. no foreign funded agencies which seek to undermine and divide russia should be tolerated. should hopefully spells the end for sodomite advocacy groups and the pro nato/eu traitors.

Agree, at least this leader is doing something we could say "helpful" for the nation.

In other thirdparty countries, leaders has cowboy hats, glasses, ak's and drugs instead of money.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:42:26 PM

It is an open secret that the CIA is using some NGOs, to spark political unrest. We have seen examples from Ukraine (in 2014) and Macedonia (in 2015). However, this strategy might not work in Russia. The people are much smarter, say when compared to the Ukrainians. And now these organizations will have to take their activity else where. China might be an attractive target.  Grin
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:33:20 PM

China might be an attractive target.  Grin
It didn't work in 1989. Grin
Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:00:11 PM

Putin like most leaders doesn't give a shit about his citizens; he only cares about power and stifling descent. I wonder if he'll use it to shut down all the Neo Nazi groups they have in Russia? Or maybe he'll go after all the gay rights activists? Either way he's a joke.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:07:53 PM

What a wonderful and wise law! Anyone who disagrees is clearly "undesirable".

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:00:38 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 07:43:17 PM by Balthazar

What a wonderful and wise law!
Oh, I've just seen another sheep in this thread. Grin

Well, then Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International should take a closer look to USA. This "ongoing draconian crackdown which is squeezing the life out of civil society" is nothing but a photocopy of NGO licensing policy used by the well known beacon of democracy.  Grin

This law is asking NGO's to register as foreign agents, so to get a license. How is that different from this:
Before foreign organizations are able to conduct activities in any particular U.S. state, they must apply for a license to conduct business in that state.

Oh yeah, I forget that if the United States are applying licensing policy, then it's democratic. If Russia is trying to do the same, then it's surely a sign of dictatorship.

Don't you think that we already have enough of this doublethink statements? Cheesy Seriously, try to stop being a sheep.
Did you ever tried to check out your own legislation before writing ridiculous comments? Seriously, it's time for you to give up and say something like this: "Hell, I'm too tired to be an idiot anymore".

Anyone who disagrees is clearly "undesirable".
You seem to be very competent in consuming HRW's shit like this:

Just like this guy I suppose.  Grin
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:38:25 PM

So Putin's got a new gun to fight the West. He already has many of them, so I'm not sure this is going to bring any change. Anyway, there are way more Russians leaving their country to live a better life in the West, than there will be foreigners expelled of Russia because of that new law.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:26:09 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 07:24:25 AM by Balthazar

2 BLKBITZ & some others

Do we have here a competition for the most stupid statement? In my understanding, this forum is devoted to completely different kind of issues. The whole point of my previous message is quite obvious... You don't blindly follow any leader if you don't want look like an idiot, isn't it? Ideas and information sources must be treated in the same way. If you have something to say then say it, but forget about unfounded statements, simple reverse logic destroys them quickly enough.

Though anything that you do in your life is always an individual choice, stupid people have already won 95% of seats on this planet. Why don't choose some other way, the way of self-development? It's more difficult for sure, but the results may be more interesting.  Grin
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:02:38 AM

Anyway, there are way more Russians leaving their country to live a better life in the West, than there will be foreigners expelled of Russia because of that new law.

Ever since Putin became the president in 1999, the emigration has virtually trickled down to a few tens of thousands per year (compared to hundreds of thousands the year before). And the immigration, on the other hand stands at 300,000 a year. And most of the Russians who fled their nation in 2014 were Chechens and other ethnic minorities.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:41:03 PM

The "peasants" have already got a chance to see "outside" - or, rather "outside" already came once to the "peasants" during the Wild 90s. With disastrous results. Never again. Thank you. And no cookies, please.

http://englishrussia.com/2012/03/13/life-in-russia-how-it-was-in-the-90s/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Russia

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:37:42 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 09:02:49 PM by Balthazar

I remember that in the 90's my father always kept Kalashnikov assault rifle and the box of ammunition in the trunk.

"Just in case." (c) Him Grin

So, my dear nerds, please keep your Libyan-style "democracy" and "freedom" for yourself. You have no idea what you are talking about and we don't need your useless advices.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:49:03 PM

I remember that in the 90's my father always kept Kalashnikov assault rifle and the box of ammunition in the trunk.

"Just in case." (c) Him Grin

So, my dear nerds, please keep your Libyan-style "democracy" and "freedom" for yourself. You have no idea what you are talking about and we don't need your useless advices.

I certainly cannot fault the principle of keeping a lid on NGO's who are sponsored by foreign intelligence agencies with the goal of disrupting one's country.  Principle and practice are two different things however.  I'll be interested to see how Putin and his successors makes use of this capability.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:50:50 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Agents_Registration_Act
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: