Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:05:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [RELC] RelCoin - In-app token for RELNUZ - development underway!  (Read 17491 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 07:23:49 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2015, 01:22:24 AM by notsofast

An important world event is underway. Imagine you can watch video news about it from multiple viewpoints and determine your own understanding of the truth. Imagine if that event is happening right in front of you, and you pull out your smartphone. With one touch, you instantly create and deliver a video report on it as it happens. Is it a protest? A crime in progress? A good deed? A celebration?

What is RelCoin (Pronounced RealCoin)?

RelCoin is a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin, but with its own mining/staking or generative algorithm and its own decentralized, public-consensus transaction ledger or blockchain: an alternative to Bitcoin, or altcoin. RelCoin’s specific purpose is as a store of value and method of exchange within the software application Relnuz.

What is Relnuz (Pronounced RealNews)?

Relnuz is a mobile video-sharing application with a niche purpose of creating and sharing video news from your smartphone, whether that news is of global, current, topical niche, or highly geolocal interest. It allows you to instantly “sharecast” newsworthy events happening right in front of you, and lets you earn RelCoin rewards based on both crowd-evaluated quality of your sharecast and newsworthiness as determined by Relnuz editors. Because RelCoin rewards are a functioning, standalone cryptocurrency, tradable on exchanges for Bitcoin (or Euros, Dollars, etc.) or for an ever-increasing range of goods and services, you can earn genuine value for the quality news you sharecast, or for the honest and accurate feedback and editorial/categorization help you provide on other users’ sharecasts. In this way, Relnuz is a self-sustaining ecosystem that aims to disrupt Big Media video news as we know it, by decentralizing both its content and its value, and giving it back to a community of creators and consumers.

If I mine or buy RelCoin, how will you deliver value?

The Relnuz executive team has decided to launch RelCoin concurrently to the development of the Relnuz application, then integrate it later. We’re doing this because we want a working Relnuz beta to test in the field as soon as possible, and part of the data collected from our beta users will inform how to best integrate the RelCoin reward system into the app. We also want to generate attention amongst the cryptocurrency community, who share an early-adopter mindset and understand well the potential for real-world applications of cryptocurrency to generate true value. It’s our hope to be able to provide a profitable risk-reward proposition to early miners, investors, and supporters within such a network, and align you with our own goals for the success of Relnuz.

It’ll be important to manage the RelCoin economy to ensure there’s always a supply of RelCoin available to be fairly rewarded to users. This will be algorithmically adjustable according to real market value, which is part of why we’re launching and distributing RelCoin early-- we want the market and community to establish what that value is so we can fairly apply it. We will balance the rewards to minimize unfair exploitation while making it worth your while to sharecast and participate in the way that most benefits you *and* the Relnuz ecosystem.

On a larger economic scale, the Relnuz team is currently self-funding the development of Relnuz from our own pockets. In addition to continually seeking outside private and/or government funding, we have considered that RelCoin itself has the potential value to further fund development. Thus, we intend to participate as market-makers in the RelCoin market to preserve and grow its value while also working toward disparate goals of exchanging that value for further development. This may give rise to occasional, discretionary buying of RelCoin at market to refill the reward pool, or selling of RelCoin at market to finance company objectives. In-house market-making expertise will ensure this is done skilfully, with a light touch, minimizing any price shock, and only as a final-priority option. It’s mentioned here for the sake of transparent disclosure.

We will also create through in-app-purchasing steady flow of RelCoin back to the reward pool. Beta testing will tell us which ideas to implement and which to discard, with a primary concern for improvement of the Relnuz user experience. RelCoin will be purchasable in-app using normal app-store channels and usable for:

• tipping other users
  • customizing sharecast video overlays and a user’s personal Relnuz channel
  • geolocalized, categorizable video advertising
  • re-sharecasting to wider audiences
  • skipping or hiding ads
  • more if it makes for a positive UX; less if it doesn’t

Inflow-outflow diagrams to illustrate the balance of the RelCoin economy will follow.

Who is behind RelCoin?

I’m notsofast, @notsofastcrypto on Twitter. I got into cryptocurrency during the early days of DogeCoin as a miner and trader and have since striven to be a positive force in an admittedly unruly space. I hold an undergraduate honours business administration degree, and more importantly, I bring to the table five years' experience as a technical/tactical trader and market maker on the NYSE, as well as eleven years' experience as a successful entrepreneur and owner of multiple growing businesses.

I use a pseudonym to keep my involvement in cryptocurrency separate from my other pursuits, but when and if the time is right, I will offer my dox if it will support investor confidence or further the goals of the Relnuz project.

I'm currently seeking a developer who is interested in doing the meat-and-potatoes main work on RelCoin. I have a good practical understanding of what this coin's parameters need to be, but I haven't learned to code. This would be a low time-commitment to start, as we would be able to clone a coin already out there and tweak it to our needs as well as leave things open for the important and more time-consuming app-integration work later on. Compensation for technical development is an open conversation. I'm open to input.

We have finalized a contract to hire RelCoin's lead technical developer! This individual is a well-known name in the cryptocurrency community and has contributed technical development to high-profile altcoins. The developer's identity will be released in the official RelCoin announcement thread.

Project Status

Although RelCoin is an integral part of Relnuz, this space will focus on RelCoin. For updates and more information on Relnuz, please visit our investor page at relnuz.info, which is also under development and subject to change. Much of the development process is protected by non-disclosure agreements, but we’ll share everything we can.

At time of this PRE-ANN's launch, RelNuz's parent corporation is in the registration process, pending some final consolidation of the share structure. The RelNuz software has been in development since mid-April, and our development team is hiring an additional programmer to help meet our deadline of a working beta in August 2015.

The RelCoin project is in its earliest stages. The first goal of this pre-announcement is to seed awareness within the cryptocurrency community, and from there, recruit a primary developer based on track record with other coins, as well as bounty/volunteer help for management and promotion. I have a wish-list for developers I’d like to bring on, as well as an expert economic understanding of RelCoin’s required parameters.

Roadmap for predevelopment:

• Hire an experienced developer from wish-list.
  • Finalize RelCoin specifications.
  • Solicit PoW mining pools.
  • Develop and perform testnet mining to satisfaction.
  • Release source code (minus genesis block info) to pools; release passworded wallets.
  • Finalize launch date and time.
  • Launch PoW by releasing genesis block info to pools and password to wallets.
  • Monitor PoW period and ensure successful transition to PoS.

RelCoin Parameters:

Proof-of-work on launch, then transition to proof-of-stake (or consistent PoW/PoS hybrid in order to accommodate the distributive network strength merge mining allows)
[TBD] Mining algorithm
[TBD] Maximum supply, proof-of-work
[TBD] Total eventual supply
[TBD] Premine (as hard coin quantity and as percentage of total eventual supply)
[TBD] Target spacing
[TBD] Difficulty retargeting algorithm
[TBD] Staking reward (as percentage or preset amount, HiPoS, or combination)
Relnuz mobile app (Android and iOS) to contain integrated staking wallet
Integration of RelCoin with in-app user actions, scalable by RelCoin's market value and with an internal interface for both manual and algorithmic adjustment

If you're interested in being RelCoin's lead technical developer, please contact me through this forum or as @notsofastcrypto on Twitter. We have finalized an arrangement with a trusted, well-known developer! The development contract has been signed. I will reveal more in the forthcoming main ANN thread, once technical development begins.

NOTE: This forum is self-moderated in order to keep discussion productive.

Speedposts above my first reply will be deleted in order to reserve that post for a FAQ and updates.

twitter.com/notsofast
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 07:24:37 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 01:22:24 AM by notsofast

Reserved for FAQ and updates.

April 13, 2016

We had planned to launch RELC in the first half of April but have decided to push it back at least another two weeks: the Relnuz beta app should be hitting Google Play and the Apple App Store in the next two weeks, and I didn't feel I could properly support both software launches at the same time.

Once the Relnuz app is confirmed working properly in both stores, with no emergency fixes, we'll begin some promo and focus group testing with that, which frees me up (because I'm not the one doing it!) to finalize the RELC launch and be at attention to make sure it goes smoothly.

If you've been waiting, thank you for your patience, and feel free to play around with the beta Relnuz app while you wait for the launch of the Relcoin cryptocurrency which it backs.

January 8, 2016

Obviously we are well past our previously intended timeline-- once it became clear the Relnuz beta app wouldn't be ready for our planned soft launch in September, we stepped back in order to concentrate on alpha testing and troubleshooting. As a *very* brief synopsis, everything on Android works pretty great but iOS is a pain.

We have updated a soft release plan for Q1 2016 for both the Relnuz beta and RelCoin. Given the positive receptivity towards Bitcoin tech I foresee in 2016, and the general bullish state, I'm toying with the idea of a ninja-launch of RELC. Perhaps a semi-ninja.

Development and testing of RELC is 98% complete and the main work in front of us is the finalizing of corollary assets and rollout procedures: whitepaper, ANN, FAQ, graphics.

August 30, 2015

The Relnuz executive team met today. Our social media manager was also present.

The app beta is a little late as we streamline basic functionality. We're using some of this streamlining time to implement basic ratings and comments ready for launch, which we'd originally planned to push through an early first update. This delays our proposed September 3 launch rollout but we've engineered that in a way that is ready to go as soon as we're happy with the basic functionality of the Relnuz beta app. We *hope* it'll be cleared for inclusion in Apple's app store by launch but their walled garden is capricious and hard to nail down. But the beta will be available on Google Play 3 hours after we upload it.

RelCoin's lead technical developer is clearing his plate of final projects and loose ends to devote September to development and then October for testing, as a basic timeline. RelCoin's official release date is October 14th 2015 but this will be adjusted earlier or later depending on rigorous and successful testing of the coin's network. We are aiming to do this professionally, at a quality level above most of the mineable altcoin launches you've seen, and plenty of time during the coin's transitory phases to quell any issues that do crop up. Most of the recent non-shitcoin launches have been ICOs as of late; I'm engineering RELC for the miners to fire up rigs and make some bank.

August 25, 2015

We have hired RelCoin's lead technical developer! Development work is already underway, with launch date currently expected mid-October. The dev's identity will be revealed when I publish the official ANN thread here on bitcointalk.

Once development is underway and RELC's parameters are truly finalized, I'll be closing this thread and continuing discussion in the official announcement thread.

Thank you all for your support so far.

August 17, 2015

The Relnuz executive met yesterday, along with two other individuals whom were nominated to our board of directors: one was the designer of our logo, wordmark, and forthcoming graphical assets; the other contributed market research during a 2013 iteration of the project which stalled, but still maintains some shares and an interest in advising the company.

Our developers are releasing the first usable beta of our app to us tomorrow!

We have hired a social media manager and copywriter who will spend the remainder of August gearing up for our September beta launch.

Lastly and most importantly for this forum, I'm very excited to be finalizing plans to work with a respected and well-known altcoin developer who will be creating the RelCoin code. We will be using one existing altcoin's codebase and implementing some other key functions on top of it to create a simple but effective hybrid with the goals of network strength, wide and fair ungameable distribution, and ease of adoption. I'll reveal technical specifics once development is actually underway, along with reasoning for our choices.

June 14, 2015

The Relnuz team held an executive meeting today. The focus was on development and promotion and as such our CFO got the day off while the rest of us moved through the agenda.

On the Relnuz application side, it looks like the non-mobile portion of the website beta will be ready to go about 4 weeks from today, and as such, we want to begin populating it with quality content in advance of the heavy promotional period. One of the ideas I proposed was me doing a regular, frequent, very brief cryptocurrency show. The format would be simply a one-person (me), 3-5 minute roundup of recent news regarding Bitcoin or a particular altcoin, or, lacking any news, a review of recent launches with a positive bent, IE if there's nothing nice to say about something it's better not to say it at all.

This show would be sharecast excusively on the Relnuz web platform, embeddable/linkable anywhere, and then on the mobile platform once it's ready.

I've been in talks with three (so far) interested parties about the development of RelCoin, though no final decisions have yet been made and there's still much to discuss. Though I have come closer to nailing down the coin specs, these won't be finalized until a lead technical developer has been confirmed.

twitter.com/notsofast
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 07:36:11 PM

What? No ICO? How dare you..

The RelNuz team discussed an ICO just for the sake of considering all our options.

Besides all the obvious extra FUD and time spent dealing with pissed-off investors, we realized we'd do better bootstrapping the project on our own.

We'll definitely get into a cash crunch later, especially if app usage during the beta takes off and our server funding isn't enough. But we figured we'd cross that bridge when we come to it.

So yeah, no ICO. I don't want your BTC or your money. I hope you're OK with that. Smiley

twitter.com/notsofast
**D!ABLO**

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:39:24 PM

Good luck with what looks like a genuine project, I wish you success.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:46:23 PM

Good luck, I'm watching

I know why your pray will never be answered!
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:35:10 AM

Good luck with your project ... maybe try Quark algo.
diks
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1450

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:47:38 AM

Quark algo!!

DonFreddy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:09:09 PM

Quark algo!!

Yes please  Grin

https://twitter.com/WeedFreddy
IRC: WeedFreddy
Anon cryptocurrency is the answer to the corrupt financial system.
digitalgrow

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:31:06 PM

looks good, will be watching Smiley
TheProf

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:33:35 PM

Good luck,only watching for now...
Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:55:29 PM

Quark algo?
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:56:35 PM

Quark algo?

Let's hope so.

Not your keys, not your coins!
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:08:05 PM

Description in the opening posting sounds good. Hope the coin holds what it promises. Will watch it!
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 07:36:12 PM

The Relnuz executive team met today and our agenda touched on Relcoin development thus far. Further details are in the first post after OP:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1068507.msg11448666#msg11448666

twitter.com/notsofast
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:09:35 AM

Scrypt please !!!

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 07:56:15 PM

I've updated the OP with some exciting news: we're in the final stages of securing our lead technical developer for RelCoin, and our Relnuz programmers hand us our app beta tomorrow!

twitter.com/notsofast
kilikina

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:40:42 PM

looks interesting, looking forward to it
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:46:27 AM

App is going out today?
red5standingby

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:16:55 AM

fantastic. looking forward to seeing what is going to be produced.
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 05:29:19 PM

App is going out today?

That day was the due date for the programmers to submit the alpha app to us, the executive team, with basic functionality intact.

It was looking good, but basic functionality couldn't be properly tested until this past Sunday. It's starting to work reliably now and once some basic server balancing is in place we'll start seeding it with content.

It won't be available in app stores until after the beta launch which we're still planning to do in early September.

twitter.com/notsofast
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: