Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:29:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [RELC] RelCoin - In-app token for RELNUZ - development underway!  (Read 17490 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:17:25 PM

Scrypt algo is bad choice

It's actually the perfect choice for what we are aiming to accomplish. This may be made a little clearer once the full ANN is posted, but it's not subject to change or discussion.

Thanks for your feedback-- it's noted that there are a few people who would prefer the RELC PoW algorithm not to be scrypt. If you'd like to elaborate I will be happy to read your reasons, but please consider the matter closed.

twitter.com/notsofast
mxnsch

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:40:27 AM

Scrypt is ok, not Asic proof of course. Any plans for pools yet?

██  ███  nope ██  ███
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 12:50:33 PM

Scrypt is ok, not Asic proof of course. Any plans for pools yet?

I don't want to speak on behalf of pool ops but I have contacted a few of them and everyone I talked to seemed to be on board to launch a pool.

twitter.com/notsofast
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:17:32 PM

Be aware that you're risking your rep over here. 101 things can go wrong on launches. You know that.
Even PA will have huge impact on your reputation. People will blame you for anything, even it's obvious it's not your fault.

Do not share source with pool owners before launch, because there's always that 1 idiot who'll fuck up. Talking from experience.

Anyway, once more. Good luck. Waiting for the launch.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 08:32:49 PM

Be aware that you're risking your rep over here. 101 things can go wrong on launches. You know that.
Even PA will have huge impact on your reputation. People will blame you for anything, even it's obvious it's not your fault.

Do not share source with pool owners before launch, because there's always that 1 idiot who'll fuck up. Talking from experience.

Anyway, once more. Good luck. Waiting for the launch.

I appreciate the warning man. I am proud of the good reputation I have built and would hate to let down a community I have grown to admire and respect. But on the flipside, I also know the risks to my rep and am OK with putting it on the line due to the amount of work we've put in. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I have made big mistakes and failed hard; I will continue to make bigger mistakes and fail harder. That is a natural part of the path to successes.

I have already anticipated what kind of comments trolls and detractors might make. Most of my FUDfighting will consist of telling people to reread the thread in detail, as I plan on covering as many bases as possible before lack of information becomes a problem.

Bottom line is that this forum is a launchpad to seed early awareness and present a potentially rewarding opportunity to early adopters, cryptocurrency miners, and others within the existing sphere of influence, in exchange for initial price discovery of RELC and network security. Once this is established-- and it won't take long-- and ESPECIALLY if my valuable time is being consumed fighting trolls-- I will be locking the thread and redirecting all seekers of information to in-house controlled sources. If things go according to plan, the relevant conversation will grow beyond this forum very quickly. Most importantly, we are using a simple "1.0" blockchain with a few bells and whistles. Once we launch smoothly and transparently, there won't be many toeholds for trolls or detractors. Focus will move quickly to the underlying Relnuz software into which a functioning blockchain token will be integrated. Most complaints will be along the lines of, "Hurry the hell up!".

There is a method to share source with pool owners and everyone else for the purposes of code-vetting, without allowing for mining to start, via implementation of a hidden checkpoint which is released at time of launch.  We are exploring an implementation of this, and the standard alternatives of password-protected archives released during an anti-instamine phase.

Honestly I feel there are a lot of positive contributors in the cryptocurrency community who want to see RELC and Relnuz succeed, and will help fight FUD alongside me if they speculate that they can ride along for some profit. Don't speculate what you can't afford to lose and you should do OK.

twitter.com/notsofast
red5standingby

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:59:22 PM

getting close?  Cheesy
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 06:08:42 PM

getting close?  Cheesy

Getting closer. Keep standing by, Red 5.

twitter.com/notsofast
mxnsch

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:12:02 PM

Anything to share regarding the miner and config yet? I guess it will be cgminer.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 06:35:47 PM

Anything to share regarding the miner and config yet? I guess it will be cgminer.

cgminer and sgminer will both work-- the mining algorithm is scrypt.

twitter.com/notsofast
madjihad

Activity: 227
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:20:21 PM

FEED ME MORE!!!
bkeenan

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:58:54 PM

I can't find your app. Huh
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:59:14 PM

It hasn't been released yet. I approved the Google Play Store listing early this morning, though, so it should be out this week.

twitter.com/notsofast
bkeenan

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:14:24 PM

It hasn't been released yet. I approved the Google Play Store listing early this morning, though, so it should be out this week.

Cool Good luck. Looks like a cool project.
SDHarley

Activity: 778
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 11:40:33 AM

Where are we with this? Got a couple of miners working nicely now (I love the GTX 970 Smiley) so just waiting for the launch.

Although if the launch takes us into June I'll be thoroughly pissed off as I'll be in Florida Smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------
Social Cryptos Ltd - Where cryptos can benefit us all.
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 12:22:05 PM

Where are we with this? Got a couple of miners working nicely now (I love the GTX 970 Smiley) so just waiting for the launch.

Although if the launch takes us into June I'll be thoroughly pissed off as I'll be in Florida Smiley

Appreciate your eagerness. We're not quite ready-- working on the Relnuz software finishing touches, organizing focus group testing which starts this month. We had planned to either launch RELC before or after the Relnuz beta rollout, just not during. We didn't it make it in time for the before option, but once the Relnuz software is soft-launched with any major functionality issues resolved, we'll move on to the RELC lauch.

Thanks again to you and everyone else for your patience.

twitter.com/notsofast
SDHarley

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 12:28:37 PM

Thanks, can I therefore assume that the launch at this point would perhaps move into late June?

octavarium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:24:58 PM

airdrop or giveaway
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 02:44:05 PM

Thanks, can I therefore assume that the launch at this point would perhaps move into late June?

Likely, yes. Could be earlier or later-- it's just tabled right now as we dedicate our limited time to the underlying app.

airdrop or giveaway

Not until RELC is integrated into the Relnuz app. So for the near future, the only way is to mine, or buy on an exchange once it gets listed.

twitter.com/notsofast
notsofast (OP)
Legendary

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 12:43:02 PM

Important update!

Relnuz is in open beta! Want to help us test it? If you use an Android mobile phone or an Apple iPhone, we'd love for you to check it out and give us some feedback.

Dear Relnuz BETA Test Participant:

To download the APP, please go to 'Google Play' (android) and 'APP Store' (apple/iOS) and look for Relnuz.

To complete the survey, please visit:

http://relnuz.net

The survey will be open until June 25, when we will be collecting the participation data for analysis.

You can learn more about the Relnuz platform here:

http://relnuz.info

Once again, thank you for your involvement in this capacity.

Sincerely,

Erick K.

Thanks for your continued interest-- work on Relcoin will resume once we stabilize the Relnuz beta!

twitter.com/notsofast
SDHarley

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 06:21:33 PM

Finally(!) got around to looking for this, and can't find it. Has it been taken down? I'm on iOS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: