Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:42:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald's now accepts Apple Pay and Google Wallet  (Read 2067 times)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:26:37 PM

They can accept what they want, but I want BTC to be one of them or I would be pissed. I would like to pay for my McBurger with my McBitcoin NOW. If we demand it, they will accept it, if we keep quite nobody will take notice.
Buy your burger and chips and demand to pay in Bitcoin. When they deny your request, say the following : "So you want to ignore the fastest growing NEW trending currency out there?" Then report back here, I'd like to hear their response when 50 people do that in one location. ^Ha ha ha^ 

BTC is way too new, it still needs development. Not sure if there are enough average joes out there to make a strong force of demand against McDonalds current policy. But we'll see all of the big brands acepting it eventually, it's a simple matter of time.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:02:25 PM

Then why haven't you talked to the CEO of McDonald's and used your influence with him?  You didn't feel like it?  Or maybe you have no way to contact him, and he wouldn't care what you said anyway?  Are you so delusional that you think a billion-dollar business offer from you carries the same weight as an offer from an official representative of Google?

why havnt you contacted mcdonalds.. the point is if you want something, go do it..
i do laugh that instead of replying that you sent an email yourself to mcdonalds as you seem to want them onboard, you instead imply that i should do it for you..
... your kinda proving my original rant...

wait a minute.. (poker  terminology) ill call you my 100 business contacts that now accept bitcoin.. and ill wait to see if you can check or raise me anything equivalent.

so how about anyone that wants a retailer to start accepting bitcoin, contact them.. atleast show there is a demand/desire for it.. after all how will mcdonalds know if they should even bother unless their customers tell them the want it..
... or sit on your hands and wait for the lobbying fairy to appear and do it for you.. good luck with that

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
runpaint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:14:27 PM

you instead imply that i should do it for you..

No, I implied that the people who run McDonald's don't care what you or I think.  Since you have Asperger's, you seriously thought I wanted you to talk to the CEO of McDonald's and "use your influence with him".  Any normal person would realize - since you obviously have no influence with the CEO of McDonald's - that you can't use that nonexistent influence. 

wait a minute.. (poker  terminology) ill call you my 100 business contacts that now accept bitcoin.. and ill wait to see if you can check or raise me anything equivalent.

1 McDonald's location can conduct millions of transactions in a year, so that would be more than equivalent to 100 of your business contacts.  But it wouldn't be just 1 McDonald's location, it would be all 35,000 of them if they made a company-wide decision to accept Bitcoin.  So if McDonald's started taking Bitcoin, that would have a bigger impact than 3,500,000 of your business contacts.

So, if you can wrap your mind around how much bigger that is than you and everyone you know, maybe you'll realize that it's not as simple as "call one location, talk to the teenaged shift manager, and then they'll just accept Bitcoin."

so how about anyone that wants a retailer to start accepting bitcoin, contact them..

Are local franchise owners allowed to accept Bitcoin, under their contract agreements with McDonald's corporate? 

Oh, you don't have the first idea about what's involved?  Okay then. 

... or sit on your hands and wait for the lobbying fairy to appear and do it for you.. good luck with that

I started a topic here, among people who use Bitcoin.  I asked for some ideas as to why McDonald's lets people pay with their cellphones, but not with Bitcoin.  After we discuss the issue, maybe we will come up with some good ideas.

But before we even decide anything, it would be stupid to try to get something done, when we don't know what needs to be done yet.  That would be almost as stupid as you and all your posts.

The people at corporations who make these decisions want to meet with someone about it.  When you meet with them, you'll probably need to buy them dinner.  At dinner, they'll probably want a few bottles of wine that cost more than 4BTC apiece.  And if you meet people to influence their decisions, and you have the connections and money to be effective, then you're a lobbyist. 

But you're not a lobbyist, and you don't even believe that lobbyists exist, which is why you will never convince any major corporation to accept Bitcoin.

If you had given the least bit of thought to the topic of this thread, you might realize that McDonald's didn't start accepting Apple Pay and Google Wallet because customers asked for it.  McDonald's didn't print a million decals for their windows and doors that say "Now Accepting Apple Pay and Google Wallet", just because some customers tweeted them about it. 

Do you think somebody left a comment card saying "I want to pay with Apple Pay", and then McDonald's spent millions of dollars on new point-of-sale equipment so they could accept Apple Pay for the one guy who left the comment card?  "Well this guy says he wants it, we'd better spend a few million dollars just in case he ever comes back to buy anything." 

They put a little bit of research into it - OR, some lobbyists do the research FOR THEM, and explain exactly WHY they should change how they do things.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Clegg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:29:04 PM

There's nothing really new about Apple Pay and Google wallet. They're built on top of the same old Visa and Mastercard networks. So what if you use a phone instead of a plastic card to get raped by the banks?

Yup. It's just another fiat payment processor whereas bitcoin is both it's own currency and payment processor. The irony is if they did ever accept bitcoin they would also almost certainly use a bitcoin payment processor like bitpay etc.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:34:05 PM

There's nothing really new about Apple Pay and Google wallet. They're built on top of the same old Visa and Mastercard networks. So what if you use a phone instead of a plastic card to get raped by the banks?

The important thing is that you can go into McDonald's and tap your phone to pay.  It doesn't make a big difference to McDonald's where the money comes from, whether it's from banks or bitcoins.

So if they started using Bitpay, they could potentially save millions of dollars in fees that they're currently paying to credit card processors.  But they've probably done market research and found that there aren't enough people who have bitcoin to spend.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:21:17 PM

runpaint. ur just trolling now..

if you have no intention to get mcdonalds to accept bitcoin, and cant be bothered to do anything yourself.. then you have nothing to say. your just mindlessly rambling about things your too afraid to change.

enjoy sitting on your hands crying because no one will do things you want. its people like you that have no clue what to do to tempt businesses into accepting bitcoin. and all your life will result in, is just sitting there blaming others.

how about contact mcdonalds and ask them about bitcoin. rather than wasting more typing time on this forum complaining that mcdonalds doesnt accept bitcoin.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:49:25 PM

I wish I was paying more attention when debit cards came into common usage. I remember when they were new, but i was a kid and wasn't really watching closely. It seems to me like they just suddenly appeared everywhere and people accepted that this is what they use now. I suppose BTC will experience a user/market conversion like that. Us early adopters will spin our wheels for years in here saying "when they gonna see da light?" then one day, every single n00b and their granny will be "Have you heard about the BTC? Itz kewl beenz bragh!" even though last week they were telling you that you were crazy and didn't know anything. F%$&kin' hipsters...

so, yeah. It will be market driven, not market led. McD's wont do anything avant guard, they wait until things are already accepted then they jump on the bandwagon. Ask any teenager...New and different = weird.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:57:36 PM

if you have no intention to get mcdonalds to accept bitcoin

Oh, but I do.  I personally led a march at the historical home of Colonel Sanders, demanding that McDonald's accept bitcoin.  They arrested us, but then I demanded that they let us pay for bail and court fines with bitcoin.  They refused.  So, since your stupid ideas didn't work, I came here to create a discussion about how best to proceed.  The plan is in action.

enjoy sitting on your hands crying because no one will do things you want.

If you have no intention of getting me to stop posting here, then stop whining about it.  You just complain about what I'm saying, but you refuse to get off your ass and do anything about it.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:23:45 AM

go play with your dashcoin altcoin in your basement. im getting sick of trolls who bitch and moan on forums who spend soo much time writing comments but never email businesses.

screw it. ill spoon feed you what to do as you still have not got the hint.
http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd/investors/corporate_governance/board_of_directors.html

at the bottom of the page is an email address: bod@us.mcd.com.

email them and ask "does your company have any thoughts about accepting the international currency known as bitcoin". dont reply until you do. atleast put your trolling ego aside and think of what you want.

bitching on a forum yet not even writing one sentance to a company is a futile method of not even being part of the bitcoin community, but is a successful life endeavour for sad trolls with nothing better to do with their lives but cry like a baby that the world wont change simply by psychic thoughts.

please atleast get a response from mcdonalds before crying on a forum about something you want but too lazy to go out and attempt to get.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:28:56 AM

why should anyone bother to make obesity profitable via bitcoin via mcdonalds.

and if you think that im some vegetarian anorexic.. im quite the opposite

i would just rather see people contact supermarkets that have fresh fruit and veg sections, to accept bitcoin.. id rather see street markets and small businesses in every town accept it.

TBH, it's going to be profitable as long as there is a demand for it and people are willing to pay what MD's sets. Obesity is really a lifestyle issue - you can't really force corporations and businesses to stop selling products because people can get fat, it's up to the people to control their diet and eating habits. Of course you can always get them to offer healthier choices (i.e. salads etc) but there is no guarantee anyone will actually buy them.

From a Bitcoin perspective, any new business acceptance should be considered to be good - given that it helps promote Bitcoin further.
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:17:43 AM

why should anyone bother to make obesity profitable via bitcoin via mcdonalds.

and if you think that im some vegetarian anorexic.. im quite the opposite

i would just rather see people contact supermarkets that have fresh fruit and veg sections, to accept bitcoin.. id rather see street markets and small businesses in every town accept it.

It shouldn't matter what bitcoin is used for as long as it is used. People should be free to buy whatever they want with their bitcoins and if that's artery-clogging shit like McDonalds so be it. After all, any merchant no matter what your opinion of it is is great news for bitcoin as a whole.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:26:06 AM

Maybe we should think of the true value of Bitcoin, is it used for replacing fiats or it owns its own value like gold. How will Bitcoin develop to be and what's its home.
Net5kY

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:55:25 AM

Bitcoin needs support in real life, to convince peoples that it can be used by everyone not just by some 'geeks'..
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:30:00 AM

im getting sick of trolls who bitch and moan on forums who spend soo much time writing comments but never email businesses.

You're sick of what I'm saying, but you're just going to bitch and moan about it?  Why haven't you written a letter to bitcointalk.org to get something done about it? 

bitching on a forum yet not even writing one sentance to a company is a futile method of not even being part of the bitcoin community

Then why are you doing it? 

please atleast get a response from mcdonalds before crying on a forum about something you want but too lazy to go out and attempt to get.

If you had bothered to read my first post, you would see that I don't want anything from McDonald's.  Like I already said, we could fund our Google Wallet with bitcoin and already have worldwide acceptance.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:06:59 AM

i see lots of waffle yet i see no action to change your moaning from the first post.

bitcoin is just code.. YOU are bitcoin, so if you want mcdonalds to accept bitcoin YOU should do something about it..

seriously stop typing on forums and start emailing businesses.. wake up and smell the coffee.. comments on forums have no magic powers to get mcdonalds to consider bitcoin.. SO EMAIL McDONALDS!!

.... but let me guess you will just reply with more waffle..

please take a 5 minute break, have a few calm breathes. and then open up your email and write to mcdonalds.. BEFORE commenting on here.

runpaint (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:31:22 AM

i see lots of waffle yet i see no action

McDonald's doesn't serve waffles

your moaning from the first post.

I asked questions.  You have no answers.  You're a waste of time.

"What's the holdup with Bitcoin?  No lobbyists to bring it to McDonald's and make deals?  Transactions too slow?"

What is your answer?  That McDonald's doesn't accept Bitcoin because of me?  If I write a letter, will that speed up transactions? 

"Should there be an effort to get retailers to accept Bitcoin, or should we just concentrate on easy ways to fund our Google Wallet and Apple Pay with Bitcoin?"

But you have no worthwhile opinion on a good question.  You won't shut up about your delusional idea that we should write letters and that will solve all the world's problems. 

Guess what?  McDonald's isn't God.  They can't make transactions go faster, even if we beg and pray to them like you want.

bitcoin is just code.. YOU are bitcoin

I'm not just code, so once again you're talking gibberish like a crazy person.

comments on forums have no magic powers to get mcdonalds to consider bitcoin.. SO EMAIL McDONALDS!!

And therefore emailing McDonald's has magic powers?  Listen to yourself.  Koo-Koo!

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: