Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:49:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How Much Jail Time Will Ross Ulbricht Receive?  (Voting closed: May 31, 2015, 12:43:05 AM)
20 years (mandatory minimum) - 41 (42.3%)
30 years - 19 (19.6%)
50 years - 5 (5.2%)
life in prison - 32 (33%)
Total Voters: 97

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ross Ulbricht Jailtime Poll  (Read 6994 times)
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:01:02 PM

He has been set up in the first place, I mean he was robbed and framed for a few bits. So if they have gone to the trouble of doing all of that why would they give him anything else other than maximum sentence. 50 years to life in prison which is not right but the world is far from right.

SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:10:30 PM

He has been set up in the first place, I mean he was robbed and framed for a few bits.

How so? What was he set up on? I think he was caught pretty much red-handed and he incriminated himself in many damning ways. The only thing he might have been set up on was the murder charges but I still think he was guilty of attempting to have them done regardless of who influenced him or suggested it to him in the first place.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:57:19 PM

He has been set up in the first place, I mean he was robbed and framed for a few bits. So if they have gone to the trouble of doing all of that why would they give him anything else other than maximum sentence. 50 years to life in prison which is not right but the world is far from right.

Prisons around the world (perhaps with the exception of those in countries such as Norway and Sweden) can be extremely dangerous for common people. I don't think that Ross Ulbricht will survive more than a month in prison. The bankers will eliminate him, using whatever means possible. So the length of his sentence hardly matters.
SOAD

Activity: 324

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:53:53 PM

Prisons around the world (perhaps with the exception of those in countries such as Norway and Sweden) can be extremely dangerous for common people. I don't think that Ross Ulbricht will survive more than a month in prison. The bankers will eliminate him, using whatever means possible. So the length of his sentence hardly matters.

Lolwtf? Why would the bankers want him killed? He's meaningless to them. He's not going to get killed in prison.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:28:05 PM

Lolwtf? Why would the bankers want him killed? He's meaningless to them. He's not going to get killed in prison.

He won't get killed but he will find a boyfriend and be able to goatse in no time. lol

Balls

Activity: 338

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:52:27 PM

He won't get killed but he will find a boyfriend and be able to goatse in no time. lol

If I was going to be in prison for 20-40 years I'd want a boyfriend haha. Will help pass the time at least. I doubt he's going to get locked up with gangbangers any way. He'll probably be in a prison for white collar criminals and nonces.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:00:53 PM

If I was going to be in prison for 20-40 years I'd want a boyfriend haha. Will help pass the time at least. I doubt he's going to get locked up with gangbangers any way. He'll probably be in a prison for white collar criminals and nonces.

Yeah, he is even teaching yoga and math to his new friends.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
tarsua

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:12:27 PM

If they are going to make an example of him, they are going to place him with terrorists and murderers to deter anyone from doing what he did
Mr. Burns

Activity: 165

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:38:23 PM

If they are going to make an example of him, they are going to place him with terrorists and murderers to deter anyone from doing what he did

the problem is.  is that nobody *HAD* to die. 

if the gunman *knew* Jesus Christ he would have just simply taken the money and not killed anyone.  but because of this bozo this guy gets death for killing him surreptitiously via a third person.
tarsua

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:51:44 PM

if the gunman *knew* Jesus Christ he would have just simply taken the money and not killed anyone.  but because of this bozo this guy gets death for killing him surreptitiously via a third person.
What are you talking about? he isnt being charged for the alleged murders
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:52:31 PM

You know this, that must have been the easiest scam ever by the friendly chemist, yep I think it was him all the way from start to finish reading the messages. All to scripted, anyway that aside the judge will deal with the facts before him not conspiracy and the judge is no doubt ready and waiting to give him max sentence. 50+ years this sentence.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:15:45 AM

So ...

This is the procedural phase of a federal prosecution that we call sentencing. The defendant has been found guilty by a jury. The judge then sentences the defendant according to the now-advisory U.S. Sentencing Guidelines. During sentencing, the government and the defense make arguments to the judge tending to aggravate or mitigate the conduct that the defendant committed. It is only after a sentence has been handed down (judgment has been entered) that a defendant can appeal.

So, I fully expect the defendant, Ulbricht, to appeal. And simply because he is arguing for leniency at sentencing does not mean that he is no longer going to appeal. In fact, it is entirely in the normal course of things for a defendant who has lost his trial but still intends to appeal to argue as he has at sentencing.

It was an administrative hearing trial and jury. As you said, Ross can appeal.

Look at the 7th Amendment. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution:
In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Since the verdict can be appealed, it wasn't a common law verdict. The 7th Amendment says that common law jury verdicts can't be appealed.

Certainly the amount of money involved is more than $20. Ross needs to stand up any time during the appeal and require a common law court trial. Things change in common law. They aren't done the same as administrative. In common law, Ross could easily win.

Smiley

You continue to have no idea what you are talking about. This was not a "suit at common law," which is a civil suit, but rather a criminal trial.

Additionally, you utterly mangle the rule of the 7th amendment, which is that one cannot appeal a factual finding, but one can in a civil suit, appeal the law. Thus, if a judge instructs a civil jury incorrectly, and that jury renders a verdict, you can appeal the legal error of the jury instruction and get a new trial, even when that means overturning the jury's verdict.

You completely disregard the fact that, if a defendant in an administrative hearing is asked anything, even to plead, that all he need do is require pen and paper to write his answer, and then notice the court on paper that he wishes his accuser to appear and present, under oath, on the stand, the harm or injury that the defendant did to him, so that he, the defendant, can pay his accuser what he owes him. This effectively throws the whole case into common law, where the rules are different than the administrative side.

Smiley

EDIT: The things you say about the 7th Amendment, are administrative law understandings. Once the case goes into the common law of the people, this understanding is no longer relevant, because it is no longer administrative law that is involved.

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Blackbird0

Activity: 207

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:30:41 AM

You continue to have no idea what you are talking about. This was not a "suit at common law," which is a civil suit, but rather a criminal trial.

Additionally, you utterly mangle the rule of the 7th amendment, which is that one cannot appeal a factual finding, but one can in a civil suit, appeal the law. Thus, if a judge instructs a civil jury incorrectly, and that jury renders a verdict, you can appeal the legal error of the jury instruction and get a new trial, even when that means overturning the jury's verdict.

You completely disregard the fact that, if a defendant in an administrative hearing is asked anything, even to plead, that all he need do is require pen and paper to write his answer, and then notice the court on paper that he wishes his accuser to appear and present, under oath, on the stand, the harm or injury that the defendant did to him, so that he, the defendant, can pay his accuser what he owes him. This effectively throws the whole case into common law, where the rules are different than the administrative side.

Smiley

EDIT: The things you say about the 7th Amendment, are administrative law understandings. Once the case goes into the common law of the people, this understanding is no longer relevant, because it is no longer administrative law that is involved.

You continue to have no idea what you are talking about.

This is not an "administrative law hearing," or "administrative law." Administrative law is a large body of law generally referring to Article I and Article II tribunals, rulemaking, etc., etc. This is a criminal trial in an Article III Court, and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

It's sad that you're peddling this sovereign citizen shit to people who might be ignorant and not know enough and actually follow this crap.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:59:19 AM

Everybody found guilty of the "kingpin" charge ends up in ADX Florence or other supermax type prison, plus they will want to keep him from talking to the media and getting any more attention. His new tier mates will be the Unabomber and imprisoned spies like Robert Hanssen.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:17:28 AM

Smiley

You continue to have no idea what you are talking about.

This is not an "administrative law hearing," or "administrative law." Administrative law is a large body of law generally referring to Article I and Article II tribunals, rulemaking, etc., etc. This is a criminal trial in an Article III Court, and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

It's sad that you're peddling this sovereign citizen shit to people who might be ignorant and not know enough and actually follow this crap.

Since when are Article III courts not administrative? Government can do anything that they want under administrative. Anybody that wants to be accused, and convicted or freed under administrative is welcome.

When folks opt into common law courts, they get to face their accuser. If he doesn't appear and take the stand, the defendant wins. If the guy looks guilty, from the accuser and the witness and the evidence, then the jury does what it wants, up to and including finding him innocent even if he is guilty, AND judging the legality of the law... whether or not it should continue to exist, and even determining the sentence.

It isn't your fault that you don't know this. Standard legal studies are directed towards administrative process. That's essentially all attorneys are trained in. And to really jumble things up, the courts have administratively decided to call the court cases common law. This is entirely administrative. It is NOT the common law of the people.

You can get an idea here http://voidjudgments.com/ as to what common law is really about.

Smiley

EDIT: Big business, the banking industry, and the elected politicians generally don't want the people to know this. If the people find out how easy it is to remain free under common law, and still do the things that they want, it would change the whole face of America. The government would shrink to almost nothing.

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:15:49 AM

If you go to trial in the federal system, you get the max sentence if you lose.

I'm pretty sure it's written in the federal guidelines somewhere.

I doubt he's going to get locked up with gangbangers any way. He'll probably be in a prison for white collar criminals and nonces.

His sentence length will automatically put him at a max security prison with just those kinds of people.  He can work his way down to a medium in a year or two probably but he will never be in a minimum security with white collar criminals untill he has 10 years or less on his sentence (assuming he doesnt get life)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:10:54 AM

Everybody found guilty of the "kingpin" charge ends up in ADX Florence or other supermax type prison, plus they will want to keep him from talking to the media and getting any more attention. His new tier mates will be the Unabomber and imprisoned spies like Robert Hanssen.

If he is actually sent to the ADX Florence, then it will be good for him. Although he will be locked up 23 hours a day, he will be under constant surveillance and will not have to face attacks from murderers and rapists. On the otherhand, imagine what will happen, if he is sent to the Louisiana State Penitentiary (Angola).  Grin
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 06:36:41 AM

I've just been praying for him and his whole family all night.

I think the Undercover doing what he did is going to fuck the case up for the FEDS in the end.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 06:59:38 AM

That should help. 

Prayer - the last refuge of a moron. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 07:45:52 AM

That should help.  

Prayer - the last refuge of a moron.  

Fuck yourself.

I got a lot of free time and it isn't going to hurt anything.  Roll Eyes

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: