Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto - 15 (18.3%)
John Nash - 7 (8.5%)
Gavin Andreesen - 13 (15.9%)
Nick Szabo - 34 (41.5%)
Hal Finney - 13 (15.9%)
Total Voters: 82

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Is Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 10644 times)
master sato

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:04:59 PM

I think it matters not who Satoshi is. The only thing that matters is if he is still alive and if/when he plans to spend any of his Bitcoin hoard.
I'm personally not disturbed by these ideas, I think there is a very high probability that the Bitcoins Satoshi mined will never move because the keys have been tragically lost in some way.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:09:53 PM

I think it matters not who Satoshi is. The only thing that matters is if he is still alive and if/when he plans to spend any of his Bitcoin hoard.
I'm personally not disturbed by these ideas, I think there is a very high probability that the Bitcoins Satoshi mined will never move because the keys have been tragically lost in some way.

most likely the initial bitcoin he mined are in an old computer now somewhere in hes garage that will stop to operate and will never see the light of day, he most have a main account he uses and doesn't feel like he needs every bitcoin he ever mined from the beginning.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:55:03 PM

most likely the initial bitcoin he mined are in an old computer now somewhere in hes garage that will stop to operate and will never see the light of day, he most have a main account he uses and doesn't feel like he needs every bitcoin he ever mined from the beginning.
if Nakamoto decides to put his bitcoins to use, with so many eyes on his original bitcoins, it wouldnt take the NSA to figure out who is spending them. Thats the beauty of the open source public ledger system.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6162

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:09:26 PM

I see that most of people voted for someone called "Nick  Szabo" also Wikipedia don't have really informations about him and I never seen some of his statements or something is he that hard to find   , how come I never heard of him and when I googled on images his name it gives pictures of Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto or Gavin Andreesen and other people  Huh

EDIT : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?8484-Nick-Szabo-Alleged-creator-of-Bitcoin-is-a-Ron-Paul-supporter is it him ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:17:36 PM

it seems he is still alive and relax enjoying the richness of bitcon hahaha
misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:35:42 PM

Fortunately Bitcoin works just fine without Satoshi. if his identity is never discovered. The idea of an invention as great as Bitcoin having been unleashed by an anonymous benefactor is quite cool.
b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:26:05 AM

I think gavin is satoshi nakamoto
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:44:16 AM

Bitcoin was made by the Russian KGB intelligence services in an effort to undermine the US Dollar and IMF hegemony.
Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:55:33 AM

Id give my vote to Nash.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:38:50 AM

Id give my vote to Nash.

Yeah and he forgot to bequeath his 1 Mio Bitcoins to his also schizophrenic son. My vote goes to nobody in the list, because I think SN died in 2010.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:41:41 PM

i have a theory, satoshi could be Ross Ulbricht, he created bitcoin for silkroad, notice how he left in late 2010 and silk road was born in 2011, perhaps a coincidence but still feasible...

but maybe this was already taken into account as a possibility
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6162

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:55:41 PM

i have a theory, satoshi could be Ross Ulbricht, he created bitcoin for silkroad, notice how he left in late 2010 and silk road was born in 2011, perhaps a coincidence but still feasible...

For some reasons I don't think so to be honest , why would someone create a Illegal marketplace on the Darknet and take chances to get caught  ? I'am pretty sure its' for money and Satoshi should have more then 1m BTC , right ? then why would he create it  Huh Huh Dosen't make sense to me
He was looking to hide and not to be more visible and Satoshi was really 100% cancerned about his Privacy even if his IP got leaked from P2P foundation once .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:58:30 PM

He's a great man that gave us this beautiful tech and who is trying to help people worldwide. This is really everything anyone should ever know!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:46:06 PM

For some reasons I don't think so to be honest , why would someone create a Illegal marketplace on the Darknet and take chances to get caught  ? I'am pretty sure its' for money and Satoshi should have more then 1m BTC , right ? then why would he create it  Huh Huh Dosen't make sense to me
He was looking to hide and not to be more visible and Satoshi was really 100% cancerned about his Privacy even if his IP got leaked from P2P foundation once .

at that time bitcoin wasn't worth so much, so myabe it was a easy way for him to rise the awareness and usage of bitcoin and thus his price, i don't know now the whole story of that guy, but he wasn't probably his fault if he get caught

also notice how the price of bitcoin skyrocketed 1 month after he was arrested, there are too many coincidences with that fact...

TeKenway

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:07:11 PM

Reminds me of Vincent's Picks from the video store on Seinfeld episode 1997 "The comeback".
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:13:33 AM

Since he is not a well known person one can't know who he is unless they know him personally. The only way to know who he is; is to find out what other new work he has done aside from bitcoin.
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:30:21 AM

The poll doesn't give an option to say 'more than one person'.

I find it interesting in the white paper where Nakamoto refers to 'we' as opposed to 'I'. But then again, I'm not sure if some of those ideas had already been hacked out with Anderson and others and that is what he meant by 'we'.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:35:57 AM

Since he is not a well known person one can't know who he is unless they know him personally. The only way to know who he is; is to find out what other new work he has done aside from bitcoin.

he did not seem to work because he already has millions bitcoin they wallet
perhaps he was relaxing at home
franckye

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:56:10 AM

I guess it's not only one person, it's a team.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:04:05 AM

Who do you think is the REAL Satoshi Nakamoto, creator of Bitcoin?

A question of 1 million dollars. Or better a question of 1 million bitcoins. I think that that think the majority of the people. A mysterious man who made a fortune in bitcoin with which has assured ten generations of his race, a men who has invented something big which will have bigger and bigger impact in all our everyday lives and a person who I will hope will show his face one day before it will be late and will be dead. A extraordinary men who with his modesty can become example for to many others who without doing nothing stay everyday before tv cameras.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: