Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:20:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AnCap~Organized crime?  (Read 3434 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 03:03:40 PM

What kind of system makes it difficult as possible to use violence or coercion to obtain power without enshrining the use of violence or coercion in the system in the first place?

AnCap.
Finally an answer! You know what kind of answer I am looking for. Although, I wanted your answer, but you could of just summarized the Wikipedia page or anything else that outlays ancap.

It's the same answer you've been given over the past several responses.

Basically, The only hard and fast law in AnCap is the NAP, and instead of one monopoly provider of security and justice (the government) Those services are provided on the market.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 03:17:08 PM

I get those. I guess I am looking for the underlying structure. It would be a contractual society. I want to look deeper than that though. At this point, I am just asking for you to answer me instead of me doing a little research.

It would indeed be a contractual society. Here's one example of the contract (certainly not the only one, but it's the one I have on hand).

That (very short) contract could be easily incorporated into the contract with a defense agency.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:45:54 PM

No, you need defense agencies to do their job.

This was what I meant by war.

Then you have a poor definition of war.

From Wikipedia:
War is an organized, armed, and, often, a prolonged conflict that is carried on between states, nations, or other parties typified by extreme aggression, social disruption, and usually high mortality.

What I describe is simply law enforcement. Not war.

Gang warfare.
im3w1l (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 05:46:20 PM

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268773/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=KW1IM42E

"BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) - When a regional manager for the Mexican Gulf cartel moved his operation to a more lucrative territory on the border, he took along not only his armored trucks and personal army, but also his department heads and a team of accountants.

In the grotesque violence that has enveloped Mexico it's easy to lose sight of the fact that, ultimately, these criminal organizations are complex businesses that rely on careful accounting as much as assault rifles. The structures underlying the most successful criminal organizations are stable in a way that means capturing or killing the man at the top may only be a temporary setback and pinching one revenue stream will only drive a search for others.

(...)
"
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 07:01:03 AM

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) (...)

That's all very well, but I don't see what it has to do with anything.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: