Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Identical multisig addresses for bitcoin and litecoin?  (Read 579 times)
TupambaeNet (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:50:23 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 08:52:55 AM by TupambaeNet

Hi there,
I just did some test with the multisignature possibilities that offers electrum and how it works. I also did the same with litecoin and managed to create the same multisignature addresses in electrum 2.2 for bitcoin and electrum-ltc 2.1.1.1 for litecoin.

I never expected to create actually the same address for both currencys.
Is this expected to happen?

As for I know litecoin normal addresses start with an "L" and using the same creation process as I did know I created electrum wallets for both but never had similar addresses.

37hfmnYA8itexteYdHNNKyLGU1PUZmKnPQ

https://tupambae.net/photo/995d165d30891d5098dbcbca059903e1-0.jpg

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 07:03:28 AM

Even though I'm not that familiar with electrum I'm going to state the obvious. First off you're asking for help in the wrong section.
It seems to me like more (if not all) o the addresses are the same. I'm going to assume that you did something wrong, else there would be some warning somewhere not to install both wallets.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TupambaeNet (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:17:27 AM

I posted this over here because I didn't knew/found where to post it.
It's not particular a problem I have so it's no help request.

Some how I thought that same Addresses, even if there can't be a way of interference, is tended to not happen as a kind of common sense agreement in the currency community. As I don't have a profile in litecoin communities I just found bitcointalk the right place to at least publish the fact.
So where to post if not in what looks like "general discusion seccion".  Embarrassed

I did nothing wrong in particular, just using the same seeds.  Shocked  Grin
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 3162

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:14:02 AM

I posted this over here because I didn't knew/found where to post it.
It's not particular a problem I have so it's no help request.

Some how I thought that same Addresses, even if there can't be a way of interference, is tended to not happen as a kind of common sense agreement in the currency community. As I don't have a profile in litecoin communities I just found bitcointalk the right place to at least publish the fact.
So where to post if not in what looks like "general discusion seccion".  Embarrassed

I did nothing wrong in particular, just using the same seeds.  Shocked  Grin

Electrum has it's own sub-forum here.  I'm guessing someone in there will know how to answer.  I've never used Electrum and don't really pay much attention to Litecoin anymore, so can't really offer any words of wisdom. 
TupambaeNet (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:52:16 AM

thx, I posted this issue over here in the electrum subforum .. closing this post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1070253
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: