Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many friends did you recommend bitcoin to? Did they accept it?  (Read 41553 times)
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:19:15 AM

I don't think recommending Bitcoin to anyone is a good idea if they don't know about it.
I think one should educate someone about Bitcoin first and then if that person asks for it, then you can make recommendations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:46:27 PM

I don't think recommending Bitcoin to anyone is a good idea if they don't know about it.
I think one should educate someone about Bitcoin first and then if that person asks for it, then you can make recommendations.

You are wrong about this, recommend means to introduce someone about something. This means you will educate them as well and guide them until they are able to get / purchase their own bitcoin and able to keep it safe.
I recommend it to alot of people and after they ask me what Bitcoin is, I tell them it is a virtual currency ......  They lost interest after the word virtual. People are thinking that virtual is not real
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:59:55 PM

That is the purpose of you to recommend it for them if they dont know anything you can start to teach them anything about bitcoin. Say positive things

about bitcoin and make sure you convince them to take part in this big investment
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:11:15 PM

Heh....the taste of the 'kool aid' and recommendations I made had a lot more 'weight' and  was much better in Nov/Dec 2013 at  $1100 usd per BTC let me tell you! Smiley

er Now I don't mention it much.....but every month or so
a few have brought up the fact that I surely lost my ass when it dumped to the current price off.... of the 1100 price down to the now 235 or so in the news

and to fair if I had 'bought' the BTC and not mined it ..they would be correct.....
however ....when I point out I've HELD all my BTC and currently am mining and holding all my LTC (@716 usd AFTER 216 in elec profit using 2 knc scrypt titans to do so .. per MONTH (Note ...2nd used Titan HAS ROI'd the 1st er not so much yet.....that has helped considerably!)

anyway that seems to bend the conversation into other directions....and ends the "I f*cked up direction they were steering it to"..I suppose if/when BTC pumps (and LTC in its Yoshi like way of following along for the ride up/down to BTC's mario).....I may get some folk asking if they should jump in....but now...most folk I know....can't figure out why it has not screwed up and died already ..(then again considering me the source of this BTC info ya gotta cut them some slack...I mean me really picking a winning horse...it does boggle the mind in their defense)

when such a day comes they want to buy in I'll know the bubble is 'really' back in price with a vengeance...but for now....I mention it....people I know are wary because of 2014's crash in price....thou watching...and people who 'google it' ..come back and say it has to be a ponzi/scam...so we got a long way to go on this adoption thing imho.......venture capital money or not....

again hindsight 20/20 probably should have seen the BTC Chinese bubble....saw the price rise and realized it probably was speculation and the mass....
adoption by China to get 40 years of wealth out of China and overseas ASAP with BTC etc looked like a pretty good deal ...even at 1000 usd a coin
but alas I underestimated the Chinese Gov't and its effectiveness in mucking it up (as well as other countries in 2014) ..and as part of the usual blindness one suffers in a bubble ....... completely missed the boat....looks pretty obvious now

so sink or swim ...I have what I can afford in all this ....last of MY above home miners will go to doorstops and I MAY put a very very 'little' more
into the kitty after that...but pretty much w/o home miners from 2013 till (if I'm lucky) say March of 2016.when the Titan(s) achieve the sweet
bliss of doorstops.....that probably will pretty much be it...I've cast my money on the virtual landscape to grow.....so bumper crop or dustbowl I guess

so either this works?

or  

I"m gonna be one of those sad, sad people that still collect beanie babies for FUN (In this case crypto) and like to do so because they are so CHEAP and you can get so MANY MANY of them....yep complete utter denial......will be my only eqo saving option! Smiley

(hope I don't fall into this camp it would be embarrassing and more then a little lame)

alas the risks you take on investing at this point in time with crypto I guess...one thing is for sure 'Home Mining BTC or ALTS is 'deader then dead' imho
so again ...I've shot my 'wad' just waiting in the bleachers and eating popcorn at this point of time.....

then again a nice price rise would be nice to get some conversations going again thou..

anyway my 2c worth

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:15:21 PM

I have never talked about Bitcoin in real life beyond my most inmediate family. I dont want to involve friends in something that is still to new and that they will not get. In a couple of years they may find by themselves. Right now it feels like being an internet pioneer in 1990 and talking about how awesome BBS is to casuals (non geeks).
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:18:25 PM

I got some of my friends into bitcoin through GetGems app, an instant messenger+bitcoin wallet which shares income with active users, im chatting with my gf now more on GetGems then on WhatsApp.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:25:36 PM

You must because they are your friend and you said that someone educated them before using of bitcoin? We should do that because we know about bitcoin and we have an experience by using of it.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 02:49:37 PM

This might sound a bit trivial, but I actually count them. I call them <The Coverted>
Up to date, I have counted 53 people converted to buying Bitcoin or owning some. My best period was when the price was just below $1000/BTC - Since then, a lot of people lost faith <About 13 people>
I do however find that the people who bought before the spike in price, was the people who held on the longest.
They are also more active and still buy BTC frequently.

wow, 53 people? that is alot. you must be talking alot about BTC  Grin

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:38:39 PM

Here's my story.

I knew bitcoin from my friend when he spent his time to do some homework. And then I wondering how bitcoin work and I was so amaze that it can be used just like other currency. So I'm google more about bitcoin until it lead into bitcointalk.
The fun fact is my friend is not interest afterward althought he was the first who introduce me about bitcoin  Grin

Once I'm know about bitcoin, I'm tell all my office friend.
But not all my friend accept bitcoin because bitcoin is an unstable currency
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:33:15 PM

I reccomended it to quite a few and one of my friends has been very able to make a lot of profit on BTC.

More less 20 people are here because of me.

Now I shut up and I don't say it to anyone... I don't know I have a feeling that it's better to keep a low profile at the monent.
 Wink
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:38:10 PM

I would never recommend Bitcoin to anyone, did never and will never and i am glad i never did. This is only some shit for freaks and nothing to tell your friends, not now. Maybe was in 2011 but not now.

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:29:36 PM

I would never recommend Bitcoin to anyone, did never and will never and i am glad i never did. This is only some shit for freaks and nothing to tell your friends, not now. Maybe was in 2011 but not now.
Why in 2011 and not now? If you told them in 2011 and they bought, they would have bought at the tip of the bubble cycle. If they buy now, they are buying as cheap as it takes. But sure, right now Bitcoin is still too early. It will take at least 10+ years until every girl thinks its cool as instagram.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:57:09 PM

I've considered speaking about Bitcoin to family and friends but at the end of the day I think it's not worth it. It's still way too experimental, they may get over excited and lose money, I dont want to be responsible for that, so I will keep it to myself. If they want to learn about it they will eventually find it themselves anyway.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:37:06 AM

I've considered speaking about Bitcoin to family and friends but at the end of the day I think it's not worth it. It's still way too experimental, they may get over excited and lose money, I dont want to be responsible for that, so I will keep it to myself. If they want to learn about it they will eventually find it themselves anyway.
I think you can guide them to a better strategies so that they won't loss money. Don't be afraid if they loss money because its part of business or investment. And if you let them to experiment or you let them learned they will lose a lot of money.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:37:42 PM

I think you can guide them to a better strategies so that they won't loss money. Don't be afraid if they loss money because its part of business or investment. And if you let them to experiment or you let them learned they will lose a lot of money.

It wont be so easy to do rather and much easier to talk. For some people may be they are willing to hear about your thoughts but some of them dont

even want to make any contact with this kind of earning. Some of them are experienced it more than you do and most of them is old people so they

didnt want us to be like that so may be it better to keep silent from your family
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:55:19 PM

Agreed, I also don't want to be responsible for someone who losing money Cheesy

faucet used to be profitable
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:06:51 PM

You are wrong about this, recommend means to introduce someone about something. This means you will educate them as well and guide them until they are able to get / purchase their own bitcoin and able to keep it safe.
I recommend it to alot of people and after they ask me what Bitcoin is, I tell them it is a virtual currency ......  They lost interest after the word virtual. People are thinking that virtual is not real

Sorry to break it to you but you are wrong.
What you are talking about is "introducing" it to them, not recommending it.

Recommend:
put forward (someone or something) with approval as being suitable for a particular purpose or role.
"George had recommended some local architects"
synonyms:   advocate, endorse, commend, approve, suggest, put forward, propose, advance, nominate, put up, mention;

That is the purpose of you to recommend it for them if they dont know anything you can start to teach them anything about bitcoin. Say positive things

about bitcoin and make sure you convince them to take part in this big investment

See answer above.

You must because they are your friend and you said that someone educated them before using of bitcoin? We should do that because we know about bitcoin and we have an experience by using of it.

Also see my answer above.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:29:19 PM

Also see my answer above.
Sorry i didn't read your answer but you must because you know them and you know how to explained to them what is bitcoin are.
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:20:20 AM

i am using btc from 2010 and yes it was a very long journey till now but i am earning a good amount now..so as i am earning a good amount in btc so i can show this to my friends that what and how i am earning..i explained about 40-50peoples about this till now and i have a group on whatsapp too...i have payed everyone 0.001btc so everybody can try this stuff without waiting for the money..and 7-8peoples loved to use it and rest of peoples are still learning
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:39:41 AM

I prefer not.

If the price falls, they will blame and annoy me.
If they are careless and get hacked or scammed they will blame me, annoy me and make anti-bitcoin propaganda to people

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: