Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:37:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have my bitcoins been stolen?  (Read 1902 times)
petersh (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:29:22 PM

Ive had an account on blockchain.info for a few months now. Yesterday was the first time I had an opportunity to use it and was paid 5 bitcoins for goods/services etc..

Ive just logged into my wallet now and its been emptied, there is a record of 45 transactions until the wallet was eventually emptied. I have just emailed blockchain who replied after just 10 minutes asking if there was a record of transactions leaving the account (which there was) and for my wallet address. Im just now waiting for a reply from them.

Have I had my bitcoins stolen?
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:32:40 PM

Unless you post your bitcoin address, it is difficult to say anything.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:34:36 PM

It seems so.

How did you backup your wallet?

2FA was enabled in the account?

Which devices do you access the account?

Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:42:32 PM

Post the bitcoin address or transaction id. It's weird that the money was drained in so many transactions as its normally just cleaned out in one go. Was the money sent as soon as you logged in or had it already been sent after you received the funds?

It seems so.
2FA was enabled in the account?

I'm guessing not. Whenever I see someone ask this after the person has been hacked the answer is always 'no'.
petersh (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:46:48 PM

I didnt have 2FA. I just opened an account. I have only logged into it from my home computer. Im an amateur at this so maybe ive done something wrong.

My account shows 45 transactions but when i look at bitref it doesnt show these. My wallet is 1GBNCbFnsmHLxdSSGmRN3GWEYtiLSaJBE3  it shows it was emptied at 6.44 this morning when I was sleeping UK time.
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:49:52 PM

Blockchain.info wallets are not stealable, unless you have written your secret passphrase and you password down somewhere.
Also, how did you manage to get 5 bitcoins? Post your public address. Btc is not reversable and no one will give the stolen money back to you. There is not customer support or things like that. When its gone, its gone forever. Unless the thief sends it back to you

Prove that the address is yours by singing a message with that address
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:51:58 PM

You got hacked, same hacker from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=816613.msg9134962#msg9134962
petersh (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:56:59 PM

Blockchain.info wallets are not stealable, unless you have written your secret passphrase and you password down somewhere.
Also, how did you manage to get 5 bitcoins? Post your public address. Btc is not reversable and no one will give the stolen money back to you. There is not customer support or things like that. When its gone, its gone forever. Unless the thief sends it back to you

What do you mean singing a message with that address
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:08:10 PM

any way to sign a message using blockchain, with no need to export the key?

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:12:42 PM

Check the post shared by joele, your coins where stolen by someone who has been doing this for quite some time, you probably got your devices infected by his malware.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 02:16:19 PM

-snip-

You are mistaken. It can be stolen if any of the transactions generated weak signature.

any way to sign a message using blockchain, with no need to export the key?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

petersh (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:37:04 PM

Im just doing a scan on my computer now to see if it been infected
Krang

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:39:17 PM

Of course they are 'stealable' .You can have you funds stolen in multiple ways. And what good is signing a message now? All it proves it to everybody else that that is his wallet but not much point in doing that now.

Ignore him He doesn't really no what he's talking about but signing a message is just a way tio prove that you own a specific address. You can find out more about it here for future info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=180068.0

It almost certainly is unless you logged into a phishing site.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 02:44:36 PM

-snip-

Ignore him He doesn't really no what he's talking about but signing a message is just a way tio prove that you own a specific address. You can find out more about it here for future info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=180068.0
 -snip-

Why give him a link to complicated thread when there is a simpler one? Undecided https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

petersh (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:48:37 PM

Of course they are 'stealable' .You can have you funds stolen in multiple ways. And what good is signing a message now? All it proves it to everybody else that that is his wallet but not much point in doing that now.

It almost certainly is unless you logged into a phishing site.

I was ignoring him already. Just done the scan with free AVG and nothing showed up. I suppose its possible I could have logged into a phishing site, I just did a google search for blockchain and logged into the top one which would have been this one https://blockchain.info/

Still waiting for a reply from blockchain (Jade)
Krang

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:59:59 PM

-snip-

-snip-

Why give him a link to complicated thread when there is a simpler one? Undecided https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

Why give him a link to that one when there are probably even simpler ways of describing it? Undecided

I was ignoring him already. Just done the scan with free AVG and nothing showed up. I suppose its possible I could have logged into a phishing site, I just did a google search for blockchain and logged into the top one which would have been this one https://blockchain.info/

Still waiting for a reply from blockchain (Jade)

Sometimes anti-viruses will miss them. In fact, that's maybe one way it slipped by in the first place. You should bookmark blockchain.info and not google for it as there have been many instances in the past of the hackers paying google to put their phishing links up. Make sure you have 2-factor set up also and this should protect you.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 03:03:49 PM

-snip-

-snip-

Why give him a link to that one when there are probably even simpler ways of describing it? Undecided
 -snip-

Describe it in more simple way, then.

petersh (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:42:54 PM

Just to clarify I was confusing confirmations with transactions, it was removed in one transaction
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:50:49 PM

Just to clarify I was confusing confirmations with transactions, it was removed in one transaction

Appears one transaction - https://blockchain.info/address/1GBNCbFnsmHLxdSSGmRN3GWEYtiLSaJBE3

And it has confirmations so sadly it is gone.  I highly suggest do scans as you said.  Did you open any wierd emails?  Store password or private key online?   Use any open wifi connections and connect to your wallet?

Don't invest more until you figure it out, and do not use that wallet again no matter what.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:05:02 PM

What were the results of the scan?  I am very interested to know.  I have several blockchain.info accounts so knowing would certainly help me.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: