Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:30:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got email that the website was hacked and stole users info.  (Read 409 times)
scarar (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:39:00 PM

I was wondering if this is true that the website was hacked into and stole people's information?

Or if this is fake and someone trying to steal your password from PHISHING website?

What do I need to do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:49:50 PM

I was wondering if this is true that the website was hacked into and stole people's information?

Or if this is fake and someone trying to steal your password from PHISHING website?

What do I need to do?

It's true. Sad

Basically, an attacker managed to gain root access to the server and a portion of the database containing users' information was compromised.

There are multiple threads about the incident in the "Meta" section (link) which is probably a better fit for this thread rather than "Development & Technical Discussion".

There is also an official announcement by theymos which goes into more detail about the hack:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1067985

It's advisable to change your passwords and weaker passwords are especially vulnerable. If the list of email addresses was compromised/is leaked, then you might see more spam coming into your inbox as well.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: