Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:20:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Life on Bitcoin movie trailer  (Read 1189 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 05:06:23 PM

Just came out. Looks like it could be good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmGDcDmu6ak

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:39:10 PM

Definitely looks like it has potential.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:40:40 PM

Looks pretty good and nicely done , when it's going to come out ?
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:51:21 PM

I wonder where can I get the advance screening for this film? Hope it isn't full of misleading information and details just like some tv shows and documentaries. Also, I wonder how can they survive 3 months with bitcoin alone? Will they eat the same food that they can buy with only bitcoin? We'll see once the film is showing.

EDIT: Does the man on the movie have a bitcointalk forum account? Just wondering. Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:04:35 PM

this is the kind of thing that can start another bitcoin boom, if done right bitcoin can definitely take advantage from this

it seems that they are using the kickstar project to fund the whole operation
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:17:28 PM

i was imagining a bitcoin success story. you know, something exciting that you want to watch.. but seems like with all the edits of the main female saying she cant be assed with bitcoin anymore and then have edits of them talking about the propaganda stuff makes outsiders not interested in it.

the trailer is suppose to convince people to want to see more, a few people i know that are not into bitcoin that watched the preview were left thinking, well if the female lost interest,, it cant be that interesting. so they are not gonna rush to go see it..

the preview should have more excitement. like the scenes where the couple get excited that they can go on vacation, or buy stuff.. it just seemed to doom and gloomy

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:17:52 PM

I hope it is good, but it look like it may be just another gimmicky documentary.  I will watch it if I can though.  I can't imagine trying to live off of bitcoin, most people don't even know what it is!  Try to pay at the grocery store and they will look at you like you are crazy.
Studio60

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:53:00 PM

i was imagining a bitcoin success story. you know, something exciting that you want to watch.. but seems like with all the edits of the main female saying she cant be assed with bitcoin anymore and then have edits of them talking about the propaganda stuff makes outsiders not interested in it.

the trailer is suppose to convince people to want to see more, a few people i know that are not into bitcoin that watched the preview were left thinking, well if the female lost interest,, it cant be that interesting. so they are not gonna rush to go see it..

the preview should have more excitement. like the scenes where the couple get excited that they can go on vacation, or buy stuff.. it just seemed to doom and gloomy

I know what you mean, but I had the opposite reaction. I was thinking it would be like a Bitcoin cheerleader story. It seems more real now, like they really didn't know what to expect. So it might have some plot twists.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:56:07 PM

@OP , You may wanna post the KickStar project link , who knows maybe some people here on Bitcointalk are interessted on helping funding the project , seems like they already made 73,000$ that's a decent amount of money .
superlegitaccount

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:16:40 PM

Would be cool if they do some showings of the movie via Streamium.
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 07:31:34 PM

I have watched them on youtube and they put bitcoin in a good light so good for them Smiley
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:43:23 PM

So what they wanted to so? Go around the world with only Bitcoin. In 2013? If that is what they did, they were quite brave. I think in next 2 years, there will come out lots of new movies. All that com out now, started way before last 2 ATH. I am sure last 2 ATH inspired many to at least think of making a movie or documentary about bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:28:39 PM

i got nothing against the potential of the movie itself.. but the trailers edit.. seems just too doom and gloomy and not really inspiring outsiders to be enticed to let alone watch the movie, or be involved in bitcoin.

i think the only ones that will lobby to get the movie shown in their town are those already involved in bitcoin. i cant really see fiat/gold investers bothering to want to see it based purely on that trailers edit.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 10:31:44 PM

I hope it is good, but it look like it may be just another gimmicky documentary.  I will watch it if I can though.  I can't imagine trying to live off of bitcoin, most people don't even know what it is!  Try to pay at the grocery store and they will look at you like you are crazy.

I've been following them for a while, they were able to buy groceries at a local grocery store and I think they convinced a farm co-op to accept bitcoins. They were actually able to get quite a few local businesses to accept bitcoin so they weren't so bad off.

One of the big ones I remember was their Internet and phone service. They were online paying people in bitcoins for minutes to add to their plan. Then they found a better alternative. And gas was tricky at first, they had to drive a long distance to one location that would take it.

The kickstarter ended a few years ago. They used the money only for the camera crew and producing the movie, not for living expenses.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
hayabusa911

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:33:28 PM

I can see the possibility of this being good for BTC but I don't think I'm going to watch it.
Am I the only one that doesn't necessarily want bitcoin to become any bigger that it already is?
I miss the good old days when BTC was our little secret.  Roll Eyes    
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:46:33 PM

i got nothing against the potential of the movie itself.. but the trailers edit.. seems just too doom and gloomy and not really inspiring outsiders to be enticed to let alone watch the movie, or be involved in bitcoin.

i think the only ones that will lobby to get the movie shown in their town are those already involved in bitcoin. i cant really see fiat/gold investers bothering to want to see it based purely on that trailers edit.

I sort of got that impression too.  It looked a bit depressing at times.  I still want to see it.  I hope it will be good.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 10:54:16 PM

One of the videos they did, not sure if it's all going to be in the movie but it's pretty positive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Pp7bJcn74

As one Bitcoin documentary movie maker said, you can't just have a completely pro Bitcoin movie. His formula was to start out positive, have some controversy and then end it back on a positive note. Looks like they might be trying to do the same thing.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:08:45 PM

Always when the media covers Bitcoin related news, they somehow manage to always include SilkRoad in it, for the 1000000000th time. It's enough now.

The trailer looks ok, nothing special. But will give it a look once it is ready.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:33:02 AM

i have seen previous videos regarding bitcoin from this couple before. if i look to myself here, i could probably also for a big part live on bitcoin in amsterdam. you have to do much more effort. but its possible.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:54:05 AM

A Trailer??? I thought the movie has been finish. Because in Kickstarter, the project was funded since a long time ago Cheesy

faucet used to be profitable
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: