Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 11:59:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Disreputable BTC Users  (Read 4094 times)
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:46:49 PM

I for one, thing that this is a useful thread. I don't have anything to contribute though. Is there a thread of particularly reputable BTC users? Might also be useful (and might invoke less acrimony!).

That's a great idea, I'll keep my eye open for those who seem to be the most reputable and if no one else beats me to it I will start a thread when I have a few names...

A few names for the GOOD USERS thread, if one gets started, in no particular order:

Patrick Harnett 

Goat, he does what he says, but you have to make sure you read the fine print because it might say he is taking all your money. Cheesy

Nefario, despite the nefarios handle, he runs the GLBSE and is one of the most trusted and respected members of the forum.

Theymos (do we get extra points for sucking up to the admins?)

Senbonzakura

Gavin Andresan (sp?)

If I can get a couple senior members to confirm these names as trust-worthy I will start the new thread with their names   =)

i dont know Senbonzakura but i do trust the rest
c4n10 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:02:06 PM

I for one, thing that this is a useful thread. I don't have anything to contribute though. Is there a thread of particularly reputable BTC users? Might also be useful (and might invoke less acrimony!).

That's a great idea, I'll keep my eye open for those who seem to be the most reputable and if no one else beats me to it I will start a thread when I have a few names...

A few names for the GOOD USERS thread, if one gets started, in no particular order:

Patrick Harnett 

Goat, he does what he says, but you have to make sure you read the fine print because it might say he is taking all your money. Cheesy

Nefario, despite the nefarios handle, he runs the GLBSE and is one of the most trusted and respected members of the forum.

Theymos (do we get extra points for sucking up to the admins?)

Senbonzakura

Gavin Andresan (sp?)

If I can get a couple senior members to confirm these names as trust-worthy I will start the new thread with their names   =)

i dont know Senbonzakura but i do trust the rest

Alright, see if I can get just a couple more and I will start the thread
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Well, all things considered, even if DonShrents is NOT pirateat40 and IS just a troll, his username STILL belongs in this thread as someone who is not to be trusted, which REALLY IS the point of this thread. So, I'm done arguing semantics, trust him or don't, your choice.

i thought this thread was about 'Questionable BTC user', not 'Untrustable BTC Users'?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:44:12 PM

Well, all things considered, even if DonShrents is NOT pirateat40 and IS just a troll, his username STILL belongs in this thread as someone who is not to be trusted, which REALLY IS the point of this thread. So, I'm done arguing semantics, trust him or don't, your choice.

i thought this thread was about 'Questionable BTC user', not 'Untrustable BTC Users'?

Pretty much the same thing there, sport. Either way one thing this thread is not here for is to argue semantics, so go troll elsewhere...
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:19:36 PM

Someone else started a Bitcoin shitlist:
http://bitcoin-shitlist.com

And btw, Goat is on it... which he perhaps deserves due to the part he played in the whole Pirate thing.
You can read more about that here Pirate accomplices
and no doubt find more questionable/untrustworthy members... see Vladimir's list there for example, and the follow-up discussion.  

And given recent events Matthew N. Wright should be near the top of your list.  

And if you are going to maintain a list like this you should keep your first post ( the OP ) updated so people don't have to read through all the posts and pages to see all the names.  
sadpandatech

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:25:28 PM

Pretty much the same thing there, sport. Either way one thing this thread is not here for is to argue semantics, so go troll elsewhere...

Since you're obviously incable of reading my subtle hints otherwise, I'll spell it out for you. You're thread is useless, a waste of space and holds 0 value being posted by someone who themselves cannot be known to be 'questionable' or not, Sport.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:28:26 PM

Who do YOU know that's dirty...?

Add Shakaru a.k.a. Andrew Nollan to the list.
You'll find a few more here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83794.0

Signature space available for rent.
sadpandatech

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:56:54 PM

Forgot about that one. Jerk had some of us actually feel bad for him and some weird situation with a 'street' insulin purchase.

Good list, btw. C4, you should participate if you are at all serious in your motivations here with this.

- GA

Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:14:01 PM

Trust no one.

There is actually a stickied post called that.  The top one...  the first one newbies should be reading... 
Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:39:36 PM

Trust no one.

There is actually a stickied post called that.  The top one...  the first one newbies should be reading... 

Yes, I recently posted in that thread suggesting that it should be stickied on top of EVERY sub forum. I'm sure non-newbies have lost much more than newbies to the various scam artists. Maybe people need to be reminded occasionally.

Its somewhat disappointing that in addition to teaching people about Bitcoin we also have to teach them basic life lessons as well.  I suppose we have the nanny state to thank for that. 

We need another list...

Don't run with scissors in your hand
Always wear clean underwear in case you are in an accident
Don't play with yourself or you will go blind
Don't give your money to strangers
Never whistle while you are pissing
Don't mess around with Jim

Luno

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:38:52 PM

"Never whistle while you are pissing"- must try that, how hard can it be?
Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:38:54 PM

"Never whistle while you are pissing"- must try that, how hard can it be?

It is not a question of difficulty but of integrity, authenticity, and being 'in' the world and not 'of' it...

Quote from:  Hagbard Celine
If you whistle while you’re pissing, you have two minds where one is quite sufficient. If you have two minds, you are at war with yourself. If you are at war with yourself, it is easy for an external force to defeat you. This is why Mong-tse wrote, “A man must destroy himself before others can destroy him.”
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:30:59 PM

Forgot about that one. Jerk had some of us actually feel bad for him and some weird situation with a 'street' insulin purchase.

I think this was his attempt to manipulate us.
Only the bitcoin community was scammed out of $20000
But more people were scammed IRL (his rommates for example). Someone mentioned shakaru andrew nollan moved and continues to scam people, I wish I lived closer to him.

Signature space available for rent.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:38:24 PM

Nice list you got there ...

How much Bitcoins do I send to get in the "club" Cheesy
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:23:05 AM

Someone else started a Bitcoin shitlist:
http://bitcoin-shitlist.com

And btw, Goat is on it... which he perhaps deserves due to the part he played in the whole Pirate thing.
You can read more about that here Pirate accomplices
and no doubt find more questionable/untrustworthy members... see Vladimir's list there for example, and the follow-up discussion.  

And given recent events Matthew N. Wright should be near the top of your list.  

And if you are going to maintain a list like this you should keep your first post ( the OP ) updated so people don't have to read through all the posts and pages to see all the names.  

Great idea!
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:37:45 AM

Since you're obviously incable of reading my subtle hints otherwise, I'll spell it out for you. You're thread is useless, a waste of space and holds 0 value being posted by someone who themselves cannot be known to be 'questionable' or not, Sport.

I understaood your "subtle hints" but the fact of the matter is you are wrong. I have received messages from a few people thanking me for starting this list and telling me it is a great idea. So taking into consideration that multiple people think it's a great idea and one person (you) thinks it is a worthless idea, I believe I will just carry on smartly and you can resume trolling elsewhere.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:41:32 AM

Good list, btw. C4, you should participate if you are at all serious in your motivations here with this.

And you should NOT participate if you're just going to troll...
Borzoi

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:43:04 AM

We should be careful that such list does not rely too much on forum names.  As mentioned about Barak Obama, it would be so easy to slightly misspell name or use other name, like "theymous" (ok, bad example) to fool people.  If there is other information, it should be part of list record.
dezzy213

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 06:49:39 AM

Cool list but like mentioned before, and common sense, trust no one with your money.

How do I know if I can trust any of you posting?  Huh

You could all be conspiring against other individuals, acting innocent, snitching on competition, winning the trust and friendship of us while you wait for the moment to sneak up on us and cut our throats!  Shocked Shocked

But yeah, kudos C.

--D3zzy->
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:02:30 AM

Cool list but like mentioned before, and common sense, trust no one with your money.

How do I know if I can trust any of you posting?  Huh

You could all be conspiring against other individuals, acting innocent, snitching on competition, winning the trust and friendship of us while you wait for the moment to sneak up on us and cut our throats!  Shocked Shocked

But yeah, kudos C.

--D3zzy->

LOL!!!

An interesting point, I recommend trusting no one, even if it includes me, doesn't bother me any especially since I'm not asking for anything!!!

But seriously, trust no one unless you can find DAMNED good reason to...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: