Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:29:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else using scryptsy?  (Read 1535 times)
denisbaldwin (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:47:42 PM

After realizing I was running out of room (and power) to run any more miners of my own, I branched out and tried scryptsy.com. I've signed up for a few of the 250 GH/S services and taken advantages of the loyalty bonuses, so I'm getting a few TH/S total from them. It's been about 8 weeks and so far I've gotten payment every day, and it's going well.

Has anyone else had any experience with them? Anyone ever not get paid? or had the contract suddenly stop? Any problems you can report?

I have a few coins ahead and was considering expanding further with them, but I hadn't heard anything one way or another, so I don't want to expose myself too much if it's an exit scam in waiting or otherwise problematic.

Denis
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:40:00 AM

From looking at the name, I thought they were somehow affiliated with Cryptsy/Mintsy...

Anyway, here is their official thread (although the owner hasn't been active for almost a year):

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700463

I took a quick look at their pricing plans on their website. Their 100 GH/s contract which lasts 1 year costs 0.1 BTC. According to CoinWarz, 100 GH/s will reach ROI in just slightly over 3 months assuming that the difficulty remains the same. Not only does Scryptsy offer 0% fees but price-wise, they're actually pretty good compared to others like Genesis-Mining and Bit-X (although you should also take into consideration that an unusually high ROI compared to its rivals could be indicative of a ponzi scheme).

Unfortunately, they don't seem to provide a lot of proof that they're actually mining (e.g. photos of their mining facilities, pool statistics, mining addresses, etc.) so personally I wouldn't invest too much after seeing what happened to companies like PBMining which also offered little proof of actual mining and eventually turned out to be scams.

Also, it's a bit strange that they are called "Scryptsy" when all they do is mine Bitcoin rather than scrypt-based currencies. Cheesy
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 06:20:39 AM

From looking at the name, I thought they were somehow affiliated with Cryptsy/Mintsy...

Also, it's a bit strange that they are called "Scryptsy" when all they do is mine Bitcoin rather than scrypt-based currencies. Cheesy

Well I can see where the name confusion is coming from, it does seem to be a bit of an unfortunate choice in name.
denisbaldwin (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:57:16 AM

That's exactly why I'm a bit apprehensive. So far, I have the equivalent of 2BTC worth of mining with them. I'm going to sit on it for a month or two and see where it goes. If it ends up being a ponzi scheme and goes bust, lesson learned. If it ends up paying off in the 3-4 months it's projected to, that's even better Cheesy
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:07:30 PM

That's exactly why I'm a bit apprehensive. So far, I have the equivalent of 2BTC worth of mining with them. I'm going to sit on it for a month or two and see where it goes. If it ends up being a ponzi scheme and goes bust, lesson learned. If it ends up paying off in the 3-4 months it's projected to, that's even better Cheesy

2BTC? Why didn't you put it in Hashnest? Why some ponzi scam operation whose owner even doesn't give a shit about his service and is long time non functional. This must be some kind of a joke... or you yourself is the owner and try to find a few more people to get rid of their money. Would not be the first time when an owner pretends to be a customer. No way any sane person could send money to this kind of scammy service.

denisbaldwin (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:22:14 PM

Not the owner and not a joke at all, which is why I was asking here. I have some exposure with Hashnest and some with Genisys Mining as well. I'm looking to diversify across a few of these services in that same range of commitment (1-3BTC at max per service) so I don't have all my eggs in one basket. I wish I had unlimited space and power to house a ton of miners myself, but I'm at capacity.

If no one else has used them, looks like I'm the lone test bed of this ponzi scheme  Grin

I admit, the Cryptsy/Scryptsy thing threw me off at first, but so far it's been working. We'll see how long that lasts.

howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:07:04 PM

How is that going for you? They been paying out on time and to projected ROI? (I just took a 10 TH contract today).
denisbaldwin (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:59:25 AM

So far, so good. Just checked and I'm still getting payments on time, daily. The payout dropped a small amount a few days ago because of of a difficult change, but yeah.. still pays.

I reached ROI about a week ago. From here on, it's profit for me.

Denis
herjahto

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:01:24 PM

is oc payment
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:20:05 PM

Anybody know if this site is legit or not?

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:42:33 PM

Anybody know if this site is legit or not?
Also wanting to hear from somebody regarding this place.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
denisbaldwin (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 11:35:38 AM

2 days with no payments. Site is down/offline. I'm gonna call it. They exited.

I was fortunate. I not only made ROI but I had a significant return. It's been good. But yeah, the risk you take, I suppose.

Denis
herjahto

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:01:29 PM

scam scam hate company
cdfergus

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 07:39:32 AM

I hope I am wrong but I am going to have to agree with Denisbaldwin. It appears that Scrypsy has vanished (or forgot to pay their internet bill). Either way I can't reach the domain nor have I received payments since the 13NOV2015@1400z.

I did reached my ROI with Scrypsy in about 110 days and am sitting at 132%.  However, I was leery and didn't "invest" too much. I was a little concerned as I was seeing the payouts drop roughly every 14 days.

This is the third of the "web miners" that I have put coin into. Two I received what I put into plus a little extra.   other I lost coin. I was much too trusting with all of them but one burned me bad with just over 40% ROI.
(I'll keep names out of it as one of these sights became a long "I told you so", "sue the so-in-so", "show me your hardware/assets", "cry me a river" et.al. discussion).

I didn't sign up for "re-investing my earnings" with Scrypsy as I was happy to receive my daily earnings. If the payments had continued for few more months, I may have considered re-investing the earnings. But only after I have earned enough to cover all that I had "invested" in three of the "cloud-based" mining sites I have "invested" in. Total I am at just over 60% total ROI of all of these sites.

I do truly hope that Scrypsy fires up again and continues to pay off. However, I am happy to be able to say I reached my ROI with them.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:41:49 AM

I hope I am wrong but I am going to have to agree with Denisbaldwin. It appears that Scrypsy has vanished (or forgot to pay their internet bill). Either way I can't reach the domain nor have I received payments since the 13NOV2015@1400z.

I did reached my ROI with Scrypsy in about 110 days and am sitting at 132%.  However, I was leery and didn't "invest" too much. I was a little concerned as I was seeing the payouts drop roughly every 14 days.

This is the third of the "web miners" that I have put coin into. Two I received what I put into plus a little extra.   other I lost coin. I was much too trusting with all of them but one burned me bad with just over 40% ROI.
(I'll keep names out of it as one of these sights became a long "I told you so", "sue the so-in-so", "show me your hardware/assets", "cry me a river" et.al. discussion).

I didn't sign up for "re-investing my earnings" with Scrypsy as I was happy to receive my daily earnings. If the payments had continued for few more months, I may have considered re-investing the earnings. But only after I have earned enough to cover all that I had "invested" in three of the "cloud-based" mining sites I have "invested" in. Total I am at just over 60% total ROI of all of these sites.

I do truly hope that Scrypsy fires up again and continues to pay off. However, I am happy to be able to say I reached my ROI with them.

Always the same story. No proof of mining whatsoever and people still use them. A very simple rule, NO TRANSPARENCY, NO INVESTMENT.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: