Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:09:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JOSHUA ZIPKINS THE MAN WHO DDOS'd BTCTALK!!!!  (Read 5027 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 07:57:29 PM

I had only seen topic that supposedly included information about theymos being removed.

I served a 45 day ban for posting Theymos' dox located on the blockchain. AMA.

What were the contents of the dox, name, address, SSN etc?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:11:19 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 12:56:30 AM by Xian01

I had only seen topic that supposedly included information about theymos being removed.
What were the contents of the dox, name, address, SSN etc?
Yep. All located on the blockchain.

EDIT: To be absolutely clear, I posted a link to a pastebin containing the dox. The pastebin link was located while perusing blockchain.info for one of Theymos' known Bitcoin addresses.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:55:17 AM

I don't think you understand the difference between public "personal" information and private information.

You're right, I don't. Why don't you point out the rule specifying what info is prohibited?

"Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Q: What about deleting DOXes?
A: Nope, we don't delete them

Buy & Hold
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 06:42:47 AM

I don't think you understand the difference between public "personal" information and private information.

You're right, I don't. Why don't you point out the rule specifying what info is prohibited?

"Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Q: What about deleting DOXes?
A: Nope, we don't delete them

There is something more recent that says they'll delete SSNs. I think it was with the Josh subpoena thread if anyone wants to dig that up.

sintax

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:43:24 PM

There is something more recent that says they'll delete SSNs. I think it was with the Josh subpoena thread if anyone wants to dig that up.

Think you might be referring to this post:

For legal reasons, any sort of secret ID code/number that is used by the insecure legacy government/banking systems is banned from bitcointalk.org.

This includes, for example:
- US social security numbers
- Non-US government ID numbers that can cause security problems when released
- Credit card numbers

Exceptions might possibly be made if this info is absolutely essential to a scam investigation or it's very certain that you're posting secret ID codes that belong to you.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:24:04 PM

I didn't know that was you. Unless theymos' dad has the same name as he, I may or may not possess proof that theymos is in his mid- (or latter) 40s thanks to finding online a misnomer ticket ($10 USD) that the household matriarch (mom/wife) received while cruisin' some campus (theymos' school or her and/or t's place of employment).
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:39:32 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 12:56:16 AM by Xian01

I may or may not possess proof that theymos is in his mid- (or latter) 40s thanks to finding online a misnomer ticket ($10 USD) that the household matriarch (mom/wife) received while cruisin' some campus (theymos' school or her and/or t's place of employment).
Based on everything I've read about Thermos, I'm led to understand he's in his 20's.

Don't really have anything against the guy, other than him being complicit in fraud and being a massive hypocrite, but... *shrugs* Don't really care how old he is, where he lives, etc etc... It was more of a "Oh ?! So you are OK with Josh Zerlan doxxing me, but fuck me for posting yours, right ?!" sorta thing.

He runs this place after all. Not going to harangue the guy. The point has been made numerous times.

opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:17:28 PM

The problem here is if people are going to ask about theymos identity, then it also stands to reason that one must also ask why satoshi must also hide his identity. We have seen time and time again those hiding their identity ultimately are hiding something. If the overarching question is transparency here, then the forum mods would need to show some even if they choose not to reveal their identities.

Guys like Joshua Zipkin who kept their identities hidden and try to suppress information, are people who need to be taken down. Right now the topic has veered toward discussing theymos, when the issue is really about Joshua Zipkin's possible role in this hack. He had a major seething hatred for this forum (presumably still does) and various people here (I am on that list as well as is evidenced by his irrational posts at me).

His social security number being posted was mainly just a way to prove the person had private information noone else did. My guess based on her name that it was his exwife or someone else close to him that he screwed over. But considering his actions against us could not happen to a nicer guy. Law enforcements lack of action despite the numerous reports to them has forced us to get the press involved and use social justice to put these guys in their place. Least if they won't get prosecuted, then their reputations are so smeared from their frauds and scams, that they can never pull that shit again easily. Shaming law enforcement seeing as we are basically doing their job for them is another avenue as well.

The forum serves that purpose at least. As much as we want to do more, its best to just expose the information that is legally obtainable and accessible. Chat logs and other freely shared personal details are fair game. I personally am not ok with sharing things like SSNs and bank accounts. But honestly if someone wants to put themselves out there for that thats on them.

At any rate there is a shitton of evidence to nail Joshua Zipkin to the wall for other things besides the hacking. He likley did pay someone for this. Another blockchain analysis might need to be checked to see where the money went based on Joshua Zipkin's current known wallets.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:31:12 AM

In what comes as no surprise to me the letter containing an order from the judge that has been sent to zipkin has been returned a 4th time. This was even after he provided an updated address.

I'd like to see him get hit with contempt of court. Even if it's civil contempt he could be placed in jail for the remainder of the trial. And since he seems to have no intention to responding to the court on schedule if at all. I think jailing him during the proceedings is fitting because it ensures he is present.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 02:26:36 AM

His social security number being posted was mainly just a way to prove the person had private information noone else had.
That's some pretty terrible logic then. "Here is a string of numbers no one else has, in order to verify the information." By the virtue of having information no one else has, no one else can verify it.

Leeroy Jenkins

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:41:13 AM

That's some pretty terrible logic then. "Here is a string of numbers no one else has, in order to verify the information." By the virtue of having information no one else has, no one else can verify it.

Uh, what about the person whose SSN it is? Or did they forget and not want that info expunged?

Federal Trade Commission vs Butterfly Labs

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
Leeroy Jenkins

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:45:44 AM

The problem here is if people are going to ask about theymos identity, then it also stands to reason that one must also ask why satoshi must also hide his identity. We have seen time and time again those hiding their identity ultimately are hiding something. If the overarching question is transparency here, then the forum mods would need to show some even if they choose not to reveal their identities.

Not sure that's a real issue. What does satoshi have to do with theymos? Are you trying to suggest something else with this "problem"?

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:23:43 AM

In what comes as no surprise to me the letter containing an order from the judge that has been sent to zipkin has been returned a 4th time. This was even after he provided an updated address.

I'd like to see him get hit with contempt of court. Even if it's civil contempt he could be placed in jail for the remainder of the trial. And since he seems to have no intention to responding to the court on schedule if at all. I think jailing him during the proceedings is fitting because it ensures he is present.

Which goes to a level of willing to Fook with forum as he just seems to ignore any legal requirements. Nothing to lose right? Someone needs to track his whereabouts and I would suggest getting on Marto74 tail. He is likely hanging out with scam buddy. Maybe he roped Marto into this hack as well.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
opieum2

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:21:37 PM

His social security number being posted was mainly just a way to prove the person had private information noone else had.

FYI, the SSN posted for Joshua Zipkin is not his personal SSN. Its the business EIN. A corporate SSN if you will. Its for AMT. Considering it was tied to the bank account it makes sense in this case. I checked it out. Its invalid now as he has folded the business up. But still shows in my sources record.

So yea this was valid information. Having it did not compromise his personal info whatsoever as this was the corporations "SSN".

opieum2

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:27:34 PM

Uh, what about the person whose SSN it is? Or did they forget and not want that info expunged?

And SSNs can be verified. Its actually an incredibly insecure system. Lotta ID theft happens via illegal immigration cases due to that. And verified. Its not an SSN but an EIN. Similar but different as EIN is for corporations but still a type of social security number (that does not get social security benefits as its for a non-entity corporation). But to dogies point....it can be verified. So no personal information was doxxed, ergo no rules were broken.

Leeroy Jenkins

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:47:51 PM

I agree. If it was the EIN, then it shouldn't have been removed. The difference between EIN and SSN is large enough to be obvious anyway.

Edit: by the way, in order to follow this thread more carefully, can you guys just say Zipkin or Zerlan when referring to them? Josh is a name they both share, and that personal info is important to keep clear for the record.  Roll Eyes

Made ya look. ; )

opieum2

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:02:15 AM

I agree. If it was the EIN, then it shouldn't have been removed. The difference between EIN and SSN is large enough to be obvious anyway.

Edit: by the way, in order to follow this thread more carefully, can you guys just say Zipkin or Zerlan when referring to them? Josh is a name they both share, and that personal info is important to keep clear for the record.  Roll Eyes

Its why I typically use Joshua Zipkin's full name at least once when posting about him.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:36:30 AM

I think jailing him during the proceedings is fitting because it ensures he is present.

You mean after he is extradited? He fled the country long ago.

Buy & Hold
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:10:20 PM

I think jailing him during the proceedings is fitting because it ensures he is present.

I'd not be surprised to find out he's back in the US. especially if his marriage went further south.

He updated his info to a US P.O. Box and gave his us based cell phone number to the court. Yes he could have been using it in Bulgaria, but why not  just include it the last time?

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:02:51 PM

I'd not be surprised to find out he's back in the US. especially if his marriage went further south.

He updated his info to a US P.O. Box and gave his us based cell phone number to the court. Yes he could have been using it in Bulgaria, but why not  just include it the last time?

Well he has an updated facebook profile that puts him working at Microsoft. He had a linkedin one but looks like he took it down.  
https://www.facebook.com/Zpkin.Joshua?ref=br_rs&fref=browse_search

Interesting how he is rewriting his professional experience as working from Microsoft.

Looks like Microsoft is hiring scammers now.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: