Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:15:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want 1M USD from Roger Ver? Prove him wrong  (Read 1341 times)
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:08:12 PM

I think the thing isn't so simple. There's no way OKcoin will act the way they are if they thought they were 100% wrong, and there's no way roger ver would act this way if he thought he was wrong. There could be some sort of a misunderstanding or something deeper behind all this. In all likelihood, it's probably a 50/50, some right and some wrong on both sides.

As they say, any publicity is good publicity. But maybe bitcoin already has enough bad publicity. Maybe some people will claim that roger ver "owns" bitcoin now, since he has the domain.

When one side fakes a contract and the other site has a 100% mathematical proof, that it was indeed manipulated it is not 50/50, but 0/100.
I don't understand the encryption behind it, I can't tell how real that 100% proof is. Maybe you can. Either way, just because one party faked a contract, assuming they did, does not mean they are 100% in the wrong. You don't know anything else that went on before this.

Not only did they fake the contract, but it's important to pay attention to what exactly they changed: they created a loophole to allow themselves to escape the terms of the contract. I don't know how much more of a red flag you could ask for. I hope they are compelled to honor the real contract - and I hope their customer base is paying attention.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:39:14 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 06:25:56 PM by juju

I invite all of you to read the entire email chain between myself and OKcoin.
Then decide for yourself who is in the right or wrong here:

https://imgur.com/a/DabzS

It's a long read,  but lots of interesting points.

Thanks for the link, I prefer to inform myself regarding things. I fortunately have some free time this morning to read. I actually have never been to Bitcoin.com or saw a reason too visit it, from my perspective OKCoin was doing a poor job maintaining and promoting the domain.

Edit:

After reading the document, it seems obvious, that OKCoin is trying to breach the original contract. It does appear as though they forged a new version of the contract, and it does seem likely that the lawyer they employed to email you is likely fake.

RV,
The saddest thing about all this is Bitcoin.com is being neglected and it has so much potential for the community, I just tried to load it and it forwards me to blockchain.info. The most righteous thing for the time being would be too open source bitcoin.com codebase on github and let us decide what to put on the page so we can provide information to those looking for it. After the community gets it too a decent state, focus on monetizing the domain.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: