Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:06:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exchange website should I use?  (Read 994 times)
Theymus (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:28:27 AM

Ello,

I am new to Bitcoins and was wondering which exchange website I should use- MtGox, Virvox, BTC- E, etc. What is the difference and do I need one of websites to buy/sell Bitcoins? I have already downloaded the Bitcoin client so, should I just use that to buy of the Market?

Thanks
MonocleMan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:01:41 PM

There are many places (and people) to buy bitcoins from, in fact in the trading forum here there are people looking to trade bitcoins for cash etc.

#bitcoin-otc profile -- Bitcointalk Reputation Thread -- Tip Jar 18F8fAPLKdxk94RFkmhkaVGcdfHYNNzJfk
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 12:04:29 PM

localbitcoins.com

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:10:16 PM

There are several, but the most common is mtgox but if you are looking for others here is one.

Vircurex, they also handle alternate currencies.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 01:18:08 PM

You don't need a Bitcoin client to buy other people's Bitcoin.

You only need a wallet, in which you can store your coins once you purchased them. For a wallet, you can use a client, but you can also use an online wallet (like the blockchain.info wallet or [/url=strongcoin.com]StrongCoin[/url]).

Be sure to know what you're doing before storing large amounts of money. If you use an online wallet, you'll have to trust the site and perhaps create a secure backup (export the private keys) in case they go down. If you use a local wallet (client) you'll have to make sure to protect it against theft (by encrypting it) or harddisk crashes (by creating backups, also encrypted of course).

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Theymus (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:46:02 PM

Can I buy bitcoins from the exchange market with a local wallet like the Bitcoin client and localbitcoins.com? Or do I have to have something like Mtgox? I looked at the markets for bitcoins and MtGox usually has the largest exchange rate in USD compared to other online wallets. Does the value of Bitcoin increase/decrease based on which online wallet you use?
SZBitcoin

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:57:07 PM

I just MTGOX and sometimes virvox.
PrimeDice

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:37:36 AM

Bitfloor used to be really good but they are currently offline due to a hack.  MtGox is probably the best way to go imo.
camjenk

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:48:41 AM

Don't use an exchange, use a vendor with badass fee's. He has worked well for a lot of people and is very active.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094.0

1% below mtgox last price, so many ways to deposit, and no other fees Cheesy

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:53:38 AM

Don't use an exchange, use a vendor with badass fee's. He has worked well for a lot of people and is very active.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094.0

1% below mtgox last price, so many ways to deposit, and no other fees Cheesy

This is currently the best option.
dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:24:17 AM

think mtgox is the biggest
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:52:36 PM

Can I buy bitcoins from the exchange market with a local wallet like the Bitcoin client and localbitcoins.com? Or do I have to have something like Mtgox? I looked at the markets for bitcoins and MtGox usually has the largest exchange rate in USD compared to other online wallets. Does the value of Bitcoin increase/decrease based on which online wallet you use?

Your name seems familiar  Cheesy

freefal

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:14:13 PM

Use MtGox.  Most liquidty.  Fees are better elsewhere, but liquidity is pretty terrible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: