Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you purchased your copy of Bitcoin Magazine Issue #3 at Barnes & Noble yet?  (Read 2756 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:08:18 AM

Can you please clarify your involvment with Bitcoin Magazine?
One of the founding members, currently Editor-in-Chief. (We have 40+ members at the moment)

I read the Satoshi Superstar's bio where you refered to yourself as "head of the Bitcoin Magazine".
No, and stop quoting out of context. The profile bio clearly states "Currently I’m head of the Bitcoin Magazine". That was back in February 2012. It's September now. A -lot- has changed since the first issue, I made sure of it.

I found out about Bitcoin Magazine from your forum pic, which used to be a flashing bitcoin magazine logo.
Glad to see my shameless spamming of an awesome product paid off ^_-

Don't you also write articles for the magazine?
I think I've contributed a few updates on the website, but no, I'm not an active columnist. We have an entire team of writers that I'm sure would appreciate hearing that you don't care about their work because you have an internet grudge  Roll Eyes

I would refuse to fund an organization that is directly involved with you.

I'm not sure if there are any bitcoin businesses not directly involved with me. Guess you'll be leaving bitcoin then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:28:12 AM

One of the founding members, currently Editor-in-Chief. (We have 40+ members at the moment)

No, and stop quoting out of context. The profile bio clearly states "Currently I’m head of the Bitcoin Magazine". That was back in February 2012. It's September now. A -lot- has changed since the first issue, I made sure of it.

So it sounds like you are pretty heavily involved...

I think I've contributed a few updates on the website, but no, I'm not an active columnist. We have an entire team of writers that I'm sure would appreciate hearing that you don't care about their work because you have an internet grudge  Roll Eyes

I don't have a grudge yet. When you started taking more bets after it was clear you lost, I became skeptic you would pay out. I had every intention of paying you in the event pirate paid out, so I would expect the same out of a trusted forum member and former head, current editor in chief of the premier bitcoin publication.

I'm not sure if there are any bitcoin businesses not directly involved with me. Guess you'll be leaving bitcoin then.

Does this mean you don't intend to pay? I've been in the bitcoin community for over a year now and this is the first time I've ever had any interaction with you. I'm positive I can continue on without you.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:46:24 AM

I don't have a grudge yet. When you started taking more bets after it was clear you lost, I became skeptic you would pay out. I had every intention of paying you in the event pirate paid out, so I would expect the same out of a trusted forum member and former head, current editor in chief of the premier bitcoin publication.
Oh mark my words, if I lose, I'll be paying every bit of what is agreed upon in my thread. No doubt about it.

I've been in the bitcoin community for over a year now and this is the first time I've ever had any interaction with you. I'm positive I can continue on without you.
Wink

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:50:23 AM

Oh mark my words, if I lose, I'll be paying every bit of what is agreed upon in my thread. No doubt about it.

I've been in the bitcoin community for over a year now and this is the first time I've ever had any interaction with you. I'm positive I can continue on without you.
Wink

Including all bets made via PMs too right?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:50:47 AM

Wink

All bets on IRC and PMs are tired to the bet thread OP.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:51:48 AM

Wink

All bets on IRC and PMs are tired to the bet thread OP.

Okay sounds good.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 04:49:52 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2012, 06:11:23 PM by Vladimir

Back on topic. A little quote from an internal Bitcoin Magazine skype channel:

[17:47:56] Here we go. This is the first ever independent report of someone buying Bitcoin Magazine from B&N.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk/comments/zizni/the_silk_road_report_part_ii/

scroll down.

-
bittenbob (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:12:54 AM

Now might be a good time to remind everyone that you buy Bitcoin Magazine at over 300 Barnes & Noble outlets across the USA right now. It is listed for the same price as the magazine online but with no waiting for shipping. We are still waiting for some action shots!
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:27:27 AM

Now might be a good time to remind everyone that you buy Bitcoin Magazine at over 300 Barnes & Noble outlets across the USA right now. It is listed for the same price as the magazine online but with no waiting for shipping. We are still waiting for some action shots!

I will, as soon as I hear Matthew no longer has financial gain from this magazine.

Cheers.
bittenbob (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:59:47 PM

First report on the forum Cheesy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108383
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: