Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which altcoin from the Top 15 will eventually reach parity with BTC?
Litecoin (LTC)
Dogecoin (DOGE)
Ripple (XRP)
Dash (DASH)
Bitshares (BTS)
Vertcoin (VTC)
Monero (XMR)
Blackcoin (BC)
NXT (NXT)
Peercoin (PPC)
Stellar (STR)
Namecoin (NMC)
MaidsafeCoin (SAFE)
CounterParty (XCP)
Vericoin (VRC)
None of them (NONE)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FIXED] Speculate! Which altcoin from the Top 15 will reach parity with BTC?  (Read 1022 times)
cryptodromeda (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:00:26 PM

Poll is now fixed.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:20:15 PM

I don't think any of them will, but it seems to me that Litecoin and Dash have good potential.  And dogcoin seems popular out of sheer silliness.  But I don't think any of them will reach parity.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:58:40 PM

None on that poll.  Cheesy

Bytecoin will reach and surpass BTC in the medium term.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:19:21 PM

Obviously none of them. If you think otherwise you're not in touch with reality.

Not your keys, not your coins!
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:05:26 PM

all have some potential but not in long term most of devs leaves and create another coin and so on.
most have there potential in past but now i dont see any of them perhaps im wrong but most of you think same.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

ScreamnShout

Activity: 206

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:09:27 PM

NXT is the best option, securer blockchain and it is expansive
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:43:58 PM

I voted Bitshares since I have a bunch. But in reality I don't think any will reach parity. Of all those coins listed I believe Monero has the best chance given enough years.
clout

Activity: 207

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:20:51 PM

I voted Bitshares since I have a bunch. But in reality I don't think any will reach parity. Of all those coins listed I believe Monero has the best chance given enough years.

Why monero?
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:26:53 PM

Why monero?

I think because given enough years they might get the wallet working and with a GUI.  Then with enough new polls and trolling, and ignoring the fact it's just an unfinished clone of Bytecoin, they can take on Bitcoin. If you live in Trollero™ land that is of course.
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:29:31 PM

Why monero?

I think because given enough years they might get the wallet working and with a GUI.  Then with enough new polls and trolling, and ignoring the fact it's just an unfinished clone of Bytecoin, they can take on Bitcoin. If you live in Trollero™ land that is of course.

You forgot to add manipulation.

Look I'll fix it for you:

Why monero?

I think because given enough years they might get the wallet working and with a GUI.  Then with enough new polls and trolling, price manipulation, and ignoring the fact it's just an unfinished clone of Bytecoin, they can take on Bitcoin. If you live in Trollero™ land that is of course.

god it's like you need a babysitter.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:34:16 PM

Why monero?

Why monero?

I think because given enough years they might get the wallet working and with a GUI.  Then with enough new polls and trolling, price manipulation, and ignoring the fact it's just an unfinished clone of Bytecoin, they can take on Bitcoin. If you live in Trollero™ land that is of course.

Thanks G2M, you are right.  But price manipulation has hit a bump in the road recently with Poloniex deanonimizing 95% of Trollero™ global volume.  Warz and friends can't get the pump started again.  So right now it's trolling that is the main driver for Trollero™ I would argue and not the Polo pump team for a change.
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 08:35:41 PM

MaidsafeCoin will become Safecoin when they move through beta and that could match BTC marketcap, even if it achieve a fraction of its ambition.. different number of total coins though for parity. If it then does away with the need for blockchains and can host Ethereum and DAPS work.. well, one thing at a time.

Ripple could blip for a short while but its model is a single saving over western union, so it will lose in the log run.. or more specifically any investor other than Ripple Inc who put money into that.

I know nothing of Monero.. but 'untraceable' in it's front page suggests niche like darkcoin etc and then will be no match for Safecoin as cash. Safecoin isn't looking to replace Bitcoin's ledger but might host blockchains without the worry of bloat.

BitShares is well places as PoS if there is a problem with PoW; I'd not suggest Peercoin because they always appeared weak on number of devs to ever be without risk.

NXT is too amateurish and the others are wannabes.. not that they won't stick around if BTC remains solid.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:40:27 PM

Why monero?

Why monero?

I think because given enough years they might get the wallet working and with a GUI.  Then with enough new polls and trolling, price manipulation, and ignoring the fact it's just an unfinished clone of Bytecoin, they can take on Bitcoin. If you live in Trollero™ land that is of course.

Thanks G2M, you are right.  But price manipulation has hit a bump in the road recently with Poloniex deanonimizing 95% of Trollero global volume.  Warz and friends can't get the pump started again.  So right now it's trolling that is the main driver for Trollero™ I would argue and not the Polo pump team for a change.

OH god that was literally brilliant. I've been on those dumbasses for at least a year about that. Nobody listens.

I'd probably buy Tristan a beer at this point. Killed two birds with one stone. Pumpers and ...

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:21:51 PM

I believe Monero has the best chance given enough years.

Considering how rapidly crypto is changing, I think it's safe to say Monero will be both obsolete and irrelevant in a few years.

I think if anything is going to reach parity with bitcoin it will be something completely new. Nothing on coinmarketcap is new. Even if you take all the best features of the top coins and put them into a new coin, it won't be enough to challenge bitcoin because all those features together are nowhere near worth replacing what's been working solidly.

Besides, altcoins are still being traded to- and from FIAT through bitcoin so I can't really see any of them reaching parity with bitcoin when they can't even get rid of bitcoin's fluctuation.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: