Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:25:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What CAN I do personally to help Bitcoin along it's way?  (Read 911 times)
Do Not Laugh At My Socks (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:54:31 PM

What CAN I do personally to allow Bitcoin to grow at a faster rate besides setting up my own node within my home? I've often wondered how I can help the community and development grow but with my limited coding skills I can't help with development or bug testing. I already have a node which is running 24/7 and has little down time when it does fry my raspberry pi yeah I attempted to use a raspberry pi the first attempt then soon relieased it was better to host from a old laptop.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 04:01:21 PM

run a full node is a good way to help the network, so you already do a good thing:

like:
https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/hardware/

using BTC , spending it and telling about it is good too  Smiley

a good way is to use changetip and tip people on FB, YT and so on:

https://www.changetip.com/

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:02:15 PM

You don't need to be pro in coding in order to help bitcoin flourish; being a part of the economy by buying goods and spending will help bitcoin thrive. Setting up a node is one way of helping the network because you are helping in verifying and broadcasting transactions made within the network. Every little thing helps in bitcoin, but the most helpful thing you can do to help bitcoin is to use bitcoin and be a part of the economy.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4524

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:02:22 PM

the main thing is to badger retailers asking them you want them to accept bitcoin. once they know there is a demand to provide a payment option and that payment option wont cost them anything. they will be more tempted to try it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:03:04 PM

run a full node is a good way to help the network, so you already do a good thing:

like:
https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/hardware/

using BTC , spending it and telling about it is good too  Smiley

How much power consumption do those use?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 04:04:43 PM

"Each unit comes fully assembled and consumes only 2.5W during normal operation making the Bitnodes Hardware ideal for 24/7 operation."

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:06:21 PM

Ask if you can pay with bitcoin. If they say no, then ask "When will you have that set up?"  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4524

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:11:18 PM

"Each unit comes fully assembled and consumes only 2.5W during normal operation making the Bitnodes Hardware ideal for 24/7 operation."

each unit has a parts costing of just £50($75) but charging you 2.5x....

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
wingding

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:24:03 PM

You want to be a part of the pyramide game? Dont forget you are rather low down unless you own 1000BTC or so, so there's lot of weight above. But if it make you feel good, sure, go on. Nothing stops you from trying to make someone rich richer Smiley
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:30:30 PM

the main thing is to badger retailers asking them you want them to accept bitcoin. once they know there is a demand to provide a payment option and that payment option wont cost them anything. they will be more tempted to try it

+1,000,000
I truly believe the best way to help Bitcoin is demanding it.
Stores, business, providers, industries, goverment, anyone; and much much better if you have your own business were you need big suplies and can become a nice client.
Doing that, you will earn some coins instead of Fiat and the will put a sign: Bitcoin accepted Here.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:57:28 PM

You already are doing great job by running node for Bitcoin related to technical aspect of help and I don't think you need to do more at the moment.What way you can help now is to create public awareness about Bitcoin in your circle of people by telling them the features and benefits of this innovative currency.Just spread the word about Bitcoin and this will be great help for it.
C10H15N

Activity: 845
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:59:53 PM

Use it, abuse it, save it, spend it, advocate it. 

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:07:07 PM

spread your love about to every one you know not always your best friends or their friends but through internet mostly, with your blog/facebook or youtube they are great for propaganda
anderson00673

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:13:12 AM

Use it.  But also talk about it to other people who are not familiar with it.  I was just talking to a friend earlier today and he said that he would never buy BTC because it was a ponzi scheme.  This is an engineer btw.  It has a bad reputation right now and that needs to be changed with positive usage of the coin.

And I suppose a node would not be a bad idea too.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:53:32 AM

Promote it in social networks, promote it among your friends, use it to buy everywhere you can and you may set up a node
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:57:28 AM

Stand at a business intersection with Do Not Laugh At My Socks tattooed on your forehead and dole out satoshis to passers-by.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:12:50 AM

Buy btc every day, spend btc every day, rinse, repeat.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:27:36 AM

You don't need to be pro in coding in order to help bitcoin flourish; being a part of the economy by buying goods and spending will help bitcoin thrive. Setting up a node is one way of helping the network because you are helping in verifying and broadcasting transactions made within the network. Every little thing helps in bitcoin, but the most helpful thing you can do to help bitcoin is to use bitcoin and be a part of the economy.
Let's be realistic, one person buying stuff for bitcoin is not gonna make a difference. But I gotta agree that the best thing is to promote bitcoin among your friends, spread the news.
There are many people who didn't even hear word 'bitcoin' yet. You would be surprised because we all are bitcoin enthusiasts here. But bitcoin is pretty insignificant niche of payment methods to be honest.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:51:16 AM

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:01:54 AM

Yeah, Bitcoin will only grow if retailers are willing to accept them (first as a commodity - as they will likely cash out via coinbase etc., but then hopefully later on accept Bitcoin as a currency - as it was designed to be), and retailers generally will only do so if there is enough vocalization from customers and they want some publicity as well. As an individual it isn't easy to convince a company to add another payment method - you can send letters/emails and talk to them - but overall, the best is just to keep on using Bitcoin and trying to find more people interested.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: