Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 11:22:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins and Community without development  (Read 566 times)
itsAj (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:14:15 PM

I just went on the altcoin section. To my suprise we are now in the olden days where people are just releasing sourcecode from coingen sources. Personally I'm not supporting anymore coins without fresh and interesting ideas. If you cannot produce a wallet please do not produce a coin. If you cannot create documentation do not produce a coin. It is the equivalent of spam. Thanks.

The market is damaged now but we need active developers to start producing and community members support.

The same is applied if you never own any coins or don't believe in the development of what they stand for and you are fudding good projects. Stop doing it you are not even helping yourself at this point.

We are all wanting new fresh and good ideas but there is a limit to putting so much out on the market.

/rant over

G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:40:15 PM

commie

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
spacehopper

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:02:05 PM

The clone coins will stop when nobody is prepared to buy them. Less and less people are buying them so I think they will eventually fizzle out.

zeeshsnrehman2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:04:48 PM

i dont think they will stop popping up everyday. the truth is some people think that when you make a coin people will buy and they keep the premine so that they sell when it reaches a certain amount in worth per coin. they, without any soft dev background make coins everyday. 99% of coins created are bullcrap.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074532.msg11485808#msg11485808

Summary - Mr.Bean 2.0   Picture/Text
Name:   Mr.Bean 2.0
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   Today at 12:48:26 AM
Last Active:   Today at 12:54:08 AM
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:05:46 PM

I agree more or less.  I wish efforts be put into improving current technology in stead of trying to invent something new.  We have PLENTY of alt coins and some of them are pretty darn decent.  But with the rapid price fluctuations I am nervous buying any.  The way I see it is that people will keep making them and a few will break out of the pack like litecoin has.  I was just ready to buy some when they were ~1.50 but now they jumped up to 1.85 or so, and I am nervous that they will plummet as soon as I get some.
G2M

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:08:20 PM

The clone coins will stop when nobody is prepared to buy them. Less and less people are buying them so I think they will eventually fizzle out.

Volume has steadily increased for non bitcoins over the last year, not gone down. Marketcap summation is a terrible indicator, but that has increased as well.

The number of users across exchanges has also risen somewhere to the tune of 20-30%, taken from numbers shared willingly by exchanges.

One thing is for certain, there's no shortage of people willing to buy them, and no shortage of people willing to create them.

So would you care to change your opinion? Or are we all just gonna keep hoping for the best?

zeeshsnrehman2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:10:10 PM

i dont buy any coin except bitcoins and litecoins. some nxt coins maybe in the near future, i know they are doing pretty good for now. even if i have to wait a little more and the price rise a bit more, i dont worry about that, the end is not gaining 100% on the coin you buy but buying a coin that will make you generate profit on the long run.

most of the coins are pump and dumps. they all want to make money. some get $5000 from sales of their coin and suddenly poof... coin dissapear.

i believe in team work.

instead of having 1000 different coins, if everybody put their effort, working as a team and create 10 different alt coins + Bitcoin, we would have had a better crypto market and it would not be as saturated as it is now

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074532.msg11485808#msg11485808

Summary - Mr.Bean 2.0   Picture/Text
Name:   Mr.Bean 2.0
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   Today at 12:48:26 AM
Last Active:   Today at 12:54:08 AM
G2M

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:15:13 PM

i dont buy any coin except bitcoins and litecoins. some nxt coins maybe in the near future, i know they are doing pretty good for now. even if i have to wait a little more and the price rise a bit more, i dont worry about that, the end is not gaining 100% on the coin you buy but buying a coin that will make you generate profit on the long run.

most of the coins are pump and dumps. they all want to make money. some get $5000 from sales of their coin and suddenly poof... coin dissapear.

i believe in team work.

instead of having 1000 different coins, if everybody put their effort, working as a team and create 10 different alt coins + Bitcoin, we would have had a better crypto market and it would not be as saturated as it is now

commie

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: