Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:06:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ndnhc[resolved]  (Read 8973 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:30:41 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 12:58:53 PM by Quickseller

edit: it appears that I was wrong on this one. It looks like question2 had posted the address ~1 day after the contest was closed for additional entries and I am not able to believe that someone as involved with DaDice that ndnhc is would make that mistake.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=146601

In this thread, the user question2 made good on an extortion threat of outing Joca97 for evading a ban and replying to his own posts. The extortion threat was that if Joca97 did not send .1 BTC to an address that 'question 2' specified then he would make the above information public.

This post contains a screen shot of the PM's sent from 'question 2' that was attempting to extort Joca97. Below is a link to a screen shot of such PM's:

https://i.imgur.com/w5lpTUx.png

In this post (archive - reply 638) 'question 2' posted the address 12Ey8KPWPcv22VVUdZWCTQFZH97Yy1XAuE

Nice to see Dadice helping a cause here

My prediction : 5th June
12Ey8KPWPcv22VVUdZWCTQFZH97Yy1XAuE

TXID 7ae108de4b2287bd3ba2c8a9a436c524456f9a7e4373a61eff58f18f783522db was signed by both 12Ey8KPWPcv22VVUdZWCTQFZH97Yy1XAuE and 1GjMtZop3K6JZW7emBWXC11ZhdQ1xEJwpm

The address 1GjMtZop3K6JZW7emBWXC11ZhdQ1xEJwpm was posted by ndnhc, among other places, here (archive - OP). [/s]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:36:09 AM

Ruh-Roh!  Good find Quickseller.

*enter popcorn.gif*
rayhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

be your self

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:49:34 AM

you are very diligent in finding out about it .. Quickseller the detective  Roll Eyes
seems to be exciting, while waiting for an answer from ndnhc please somebody get me a popcorn

michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:32:46 AM

This is quite suprising.
Ndnhc is a good person as I know but why he want to did this although become the dadice manager, I think he should have well paid  Undecided
or the real side , he was a greedy person Sad

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:38:21 AM

This is quite suprising.
Indeed. I am very interested to see what explanation he is able to give, if one at all.
Why do you say this?
JamesCB

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:03:33 AM

I felt ndnhc is a good guy. But I don't know him personally. But let's give him a benefit of the doubt first and let him explain his side. What if he only bought this account he is not really the guy who extort joca but was the previous owner of ndnhc. This is just my guess. The date ndnhc posted the address was from 2013.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:12:02 AM

Got to hand it to you - that is some fine detective work to be honest. I'm sort of surprised and not, not really surprising that people have bad sides and don't want to stain their reputation so they use another account to try and scam people. I'm just curious what ndnhc has to say about it, thought he at least tried to act like a decent member of the community.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:14:50 AM

Why do you say this?

I'm just guessing
Behind his goodness, There's evil within  Sad

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 07:45:05 AM

* DiamondCardz wolf whistles

Damn, you are good at this. I'll leave a negative to push him into red on DefaultTrust until he comes to explain himself, as this is something that he really needs to respond to ASAP. Big accusation, but some pretty damning evidence against him.

Edit: He's still not in the red O_o

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:23:28 AM

One thing that i always wondered in your accusations threads, is there any way for 2 different people to have the same address? Or in other words, someone has an address and signs it and then later someone else gets the same address? Or is it just plain impossible
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 08:28:39 AM

One thing that i always wondered in your accusations threads, is there any way for 2 different people to have the same address? Or in other words, someone has an address and signs it and then later someone else gets the same address? Or is it just plain impossible

*Technically* you can give someone the private key to your address and they can import it into their own wallet, then you both have the address in your wallet. In reality not many people would do that due to inherent security risks and the hassle, most people will just use a flushing function or import it, flush it and delete it.

umairsaleem

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:32:54 AM

So, ndnhc made this account(question2) to extort .1BTC from Joca97? Why did he do this? As a signature campaign manager, he must be getting more income more than average person.
XinXan

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:34:11 AM

*Technically* you can give someone the private key to your address and they can import it into their own wallet, then you both have the address in your wallet. In reality not many people would do that due to inherent security risks and the hassle, most people will just use a flushing function or import it, flush it and delete it.

Well then, obviously ndnhc wouldnt give his private key to someone else for no reason so... isnt this just definitive proof against him? I mean there is no point in waiting for him to reply since this is absolute evidence against him. Furthermore he even posted on dadice threads saying : ''Nice to see Dadice helping a cause here '' Thats just shady.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 08:36:28 AM

So, ndnhc made this account(question2) to extort .1BTC from Joca97? Why did he do this? As a signature campaign manager, he must be getting more income more than average person.

I'm quite curious about this as well. I am prepared to remove the negative feedback obviously if he's innocent but these are some strange circumstances.

Well then, obviously ndnhc wouldnt give his private key to someone else for no reason so... isnt this just definitive proof against him? I mean there is no point in waiting for him to reply since this is absolute evidence against him. Furthermore he even posted on dadice threads saying : ''Nice to see Dadice helping a cause here '' Thats just shady.

I suppose...I want to see his explanation, however. This is quite a confusing case.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 08:49:15 AM

Edit: He's still not in the red O_o

He is now.

This is quite damming evidence, and it will be interesting to hear the defense.

With QuickSeller around, I'm glad I never had/have any secret alt accounts.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 09:19:50 AM

He is now.

This is quite damming evidence, and it will be interesting to hear the defense.

There we go! Well, if it's anything along the lines of the things people have said before, it will be an excuse like "it was a joke"...but we'll have to wait and see.

With QuickSeller around, I'm glad I never had/have any secret alt accounts.   Smiley

Shhh...no-one has to find out about this...we can keep it a secret...

Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:00:33 PM

It is possible however it would mean they either have malware, a what is effectively a malware infected wallet (like the old android wallet with flawed RNG) or is engaging in extremely poor security practices. If he was outright sharing private keys then both parties would be at risk that the other would steal their funds. I personally would not believe him if he claimed to be sharing private keys.

If he can provide some kind of evidence to show his innocence then I'd be willing to remove the negative provided it reasonably shows he didn't try to extort joca.

I don't care about alt accounts in general and probably won't call out someone with multiple accounts. There isn't anything wrong with having multiple accounts. Look at pistolpete for example, he puts a good amount of effort into ensuring that people are not making others look trustworthy when they are not, but that is obviously not his primary account.

If you were a scammer then I would at least try to call out your alts (if you had any). 
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 01:15:17 PM

I don't care about alt accounts in general and probably won't call out someone with multiple accounts. There isn't anything wrong with having multiple accounts. Look at pistolpete for example, he puts a good amount of effort into ensuring that people are not making others look trustworthy when they are not, but that is obviously not his primary account.

If you were a scammer then I would at least try to call out your alts (if you had any). 

I obviously meant secret alt accounts that were engaged in scammy behavior.  Smiley  I don't believe in secret alts myself, I have one well known alt, but to each their own.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:37:49 PM

This is quite suprising.
Ndnhc is a good person as I know but why he want to did this although become the dadice manager, I think he should have well paid  Undecided

Appearances can be deceptive and smart scammers will put time and effort into appearing legit building up for a big scam. He might have been paying out and building up trust out until one time someone trusts him with a very large amount then boom it's gone. Not saying that's what he was going to do but people should exercise caution as long-conners can scam much more by appearing legit.

I felt ndnhc is a good guy. But I don't know him personally. But let's give him a benefit of the doubt first and let him explain his side. What if he only bought this account he is not really the guy who extort joca but was the previous owner of ndnhc. This is just my guess. The date ndnhc posted the address was from 2013.

Yeah it is old. No recent addresses or any other evidence? Trouble is if the accusation was true he's got a couple of excuses to use from this thread already.

XinXan

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:44:41 PM

This is quite suprising.
Ndnhc is a good person as I know but why he want to did this although become the dadice manager, I think he should have well paid  Undecided

Appearances can be deceptive and smart scammers will put time and effort into appearing legit building up for a big scam. He might have been paying out and building up trust out until one time someone trusts him with a very large amount then boom it's gone. Not saying that's what he was going to do but people should exercise caution as long-conners can scam much more by appearing legit.

Yeah it is old. No recent addresses or any other evidence? Trouble is if the accusation was true he's got a couple of excuses to use from this thread already.

Well the accusation is true, its right here haha. Well even if he uses any of those excuses the account: question2 its just weird. Obviously it is an alt account of someone, 2/4 of his posts are on dadice threads wich is very strange, too many coincidences are often not simply coincidences..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: