Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:05:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [INTEREST] [US] Antminer U3 .18BTC each (You supply shipping label)  (Read 1838 times)
tripppn (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 05:24:12 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 01:02:09 PM by tripppn

Just gonna throw this out there and see if people might be interested.

I'm thinking of picking up 20 Antminer U3s to resell.  I want to be fully transparent with you guys so my cost after bitmain gets their shipping charges is (at current BTC value):
2.535 BTC
( 598.26 USD )

Which comes out to about .126 each.

With packaging costs and taking a little profit for my work I'm thinking .18 is a reasonable price to charge at current BTC rates and you would email me a shipping label to print and slap on the box.

I don't know what dimensions the packaging for these guys is and if someone out there knows I would love to know.  I'm thinking maybe 2 would fit in a med flat rate box but I have no idea.

Since I would be able to front the initial cost of the miners I would be happy to use escrow if your more comfortable with that till I get a bit more trust rep but I have been a member here for a long time and anyone who has ever delt with me knows I'm a stand up and legit guy.  I would also make it a point to get the miners shipped out asap and I can't guarantee 24 hrs that would be my goal.  Oh the lady at the post office is gonna love me and my boxes   Grin

Any thoughts, questions, concerns, trolls?  I'm here.

I would be shipping from 57701

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tripppn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 05:31:54 AM

Bitmain's site says:

* 12V AC/DC power brick of 6A, but power line not included
and
PSU: You must provide your own a power line.

Any of you guys know what kind of power line needs to be provided?  Maybe I can pick up some bulk power lines to add to the package.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:10:46 AM

'power line' refers to the mains side cord.  They didn't include one so they wouldn't have to deal with differences between physical plugs across the world.

Dimensions+weight are on Bitmain's site:
One U3 per 22.35*17.2*10.4cm box, weighing 1.4kg.

You should include your location so people can get an estimate of shipping costs, too Smiley

tripppn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 01:03:52 PM

'power line' refers to the mains side cord.  They didn't include one so they wouldn't have to deal with differences between physical plugs across the world.

Dimensions+weight are on Bitmain's site:
One U3 per 22.35*17.2*10.4cm box, weighing 1.4kg.

You should include your location so people can get an estimate of shipping costs, too Smiley

That's what I figured so I can look into picking some of those up since they should be pretty inexpensive.

Thanks for the dimensions.

Added my zip to the OP

― Frank Zappa
tripppn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 01:43:48 AM

Looks like there isn't much interest in U3s   Sad

― Frank Zappa
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:53:54 AM

Looks like there isn't much interest in U3s   Sad

They are kinda a niche market.  It could also be due to people watching thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995675.0 .  Eventually there should be some smallerish miners coming out of that.

I think it will be next gen chip or a new more efficient one till people will buy them again. But as I miner I hope i'm wrong and you are able to get a group going.
tripppn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 04:50:26 AM

Looks like there isn't much interest in U3s   Sad

They are kinda a niche market.  It could also be due to people watching thread here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995675.0 .  Eventually there should be some smallerish miners coming out of that.

I think it will be next gen chip or a new more efficient one till people will buy them again. But as I miner I hope i'm wrong and you are able to get a group going.

I think in general your right. The next gen is right around the corner and the interest level in U3's is very limited.

― Frank Zappa
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: