Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:07:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GetGems gets a powerful endorsement from one of the biggest banks in the world.  (Read 2207 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:27:19 PM

GetGems was just voted most visionary mobile banking app by Citi Bank during a global competition.

https://twitter.com/getgemsorg/with_replies?lang=en-gb
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:03:56 PM

Citigroup...
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:10:14 PM

Citigroup...

Citibank and CitiGroup are both portions of the same company. Citibank is the banking portion of the company while Citigroup provides management. It's indeed one of the biggest banks and for getgems to get this recognition by Citi is actually great.
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:34:23 PM

Citigroup...

Citibank and CitiGroup are both portions of the same company. Citibank is the banking portion of the company while Citigroup provides management. It's indeed one of the biggest banks and for getgems to get this recognition by Citi is actually great.

I know it but Citigroup is the bank which represent the most financial world and its drifts...
A too big to fail bank, like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan or Bank of America.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:25:04 PM

and GetGems is ?  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:25:20 AM

Fun - Keep in touch with friends. Free unlimited instant messaging.
Simple - Your passphrase is your wallet. Fully functional in under 30 seconds.
Secure - Be as anonymous as you desire. Communications are always encrypted.
Profitable - Be rewarded for introducing new users to the network.

http://getgems.org/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.0
d0om

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:02:41 AM

Anybody know more about the devs? An actual person behind a brand is always a good sign... If they're a good person Wink

The organization seems to have a plan and the connections necessary to make it happen. ~5000 satoshis is not a bad buy in price, if you don't mind something other than a pump n dump.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:03:32 AM

and GetGems is ?  Roll Eyes

Forgot the part where it is a bait and switch and a fork of telegram and other services.  Also paying people to introduce new users to the network, this is something that's been done for years and it hasn't produced a major success for a reason: something ceases being 'cool' (among the trendy folks) when they find out that somebody got paid to lure them to use the thing.  In addition, especially in crypto's case like with Stellar, it also opens up avenues for blackhats to game the freebies too.

As for the original post - forgot the part where many different groups got awards and money - so Gems' name is buried on the list and thus it isn't really any game changing publicity. The $100K is nice, I guess, but in Gems' case they already had a lot of funding.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:08:33 AM

Anybody know more about the devs? An actual person behind a brand is always a good sign... If they're a good person Wink

The organization seems to have a plan and the connections necessary to make it happen. ~5000 satoshis is not a bad buy in price, if you don't mind something other than a pump n dump.
Go here http://getgems.org/ and look under team, I know it's not much just a pic and name but it's more then most crypto. Both Daniel and Alex are very involved with the beta group, lots of communication. From what I have seen so far a great group of people and yes, I have been buying up cheap Gemz on polo.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:07:40 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 08:24:27 AM by reRaise

Most visionary social media solution is an alt, picked and recognised by Citi, isn't that a valuable achievement if you consider there were 18 countries and 77 working prototypes where 60 of them didn't make it. I hope they partner up with them.
reRaise

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:22:25 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 08:40:58 AM by reRaise

It's an instant messenger with bitcoin and gems currencies build in where you can send money as easy as sending a text message. It also shares income with active users which is the most interesting.

It's build around a reward value program where users get paid for introducing users to the network, each of them have a unique url which they can share and their username will be pre-filled upon installation, users are going to get paid for their activity like messaging, making transactions etc., they get paid on the amount of Gems they hold in their account.

Although the excitement of this app is its potential to start the "attention economy". Where advertisers must pay the user directly for their attention, rather than the gatekeepers of a social network, like FB or Google.
I don't know if such an economy can work, or if GetGems are the ones to make it happen, but I definitely want to participate in the experiment! It's an innovative feature and the first Crypto related app, actually the first ever messenger app that is going to do this.

"We soon see many billions of people sending bitcoin everyday as easily as they currently send a text message." - Lawrence H. Summers, Secretary of the Treasury under President Bill Clinton
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:37:28 AM

It's an instant messenger with bitcoin and gems currencies build in where you can send money as easy as sending a text message. It also shares income with active users.

It's build around a reward value program where users get paid for introducing users to the network, each of them have a unique url which they can share and their username will be pre-filled upon installation, users are going to get paid for their activity like messaging, making transactions etc., they get paid on the amount of Gems they hold in their account.

Although the excitement of this app is its potential to start the "attention economy". Where advertisers must pay the user directly for their attention, rather than the gatekeepers of a social network, like FB or Google.
I don't know if such an economy can work, or if GetGems are the ones to make it happen, but I definitely want to participate in the experiment! It's an innovative feature and the first Crypto related app that is going to do this.

"We soon see many billions of people sending bitcoin everyday as easily as they currently send a text message." - Lawrence H. Summers, Secretary of the Treasury under President Bill Clinton

Interesting approach to advertising. Deserves ones attention imo.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:26:38 PM

It's an instant messenger with bitcoin and gems currencies build in where you can send money as easy as sending a text message. It also shares income with active users.

I don't know if such an economy can work, or if GetGems are the ones to make it happen, but I definitely want to participate in the experiment! It's an innovative feature and the first Crypto related app that is going to do this.

If they can add the option to make instant conversion within the app like how Shapeshift is doing it would be great. The Gems you earn within the app you can swap immidiatly to Bitcoin or you can swap Bitcoin to Gems to buy advertisement models. This would shut down the hassle of going through exchanges and only necessary if you need fiat.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 12:29:57 AM

Nice marketing fluff a simple answer would of been better. imho.

Because After reading that rhetoric i still have no idea wtf getgems is.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:07:15 PM

Nice marketing fluff a simple answer would of been better. imho.

Because After reading that rhetoric i still have no idea wtf getgems is.

Seriously after reading for 30 seconds those links a small child would work out its a messenger with a built in wallet and an altcoin attached that pays users for using the app. The website has a big button in the middle of it to download the app for crying out loud.

Getgems is for people who have never used Crypto, not morons.....saying that should I be surprised with a profile saying Franko is the future? lol
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:25:04 AM

If they can add the option to make instant conversion within the app like how Shapeshift is doing it would be great. The Gems you earn within the app you can swap immidiatly to Bitcoin or you can swap Bitcoin to Gems to buy advertisement models. This would shut down the hassle of going through exchanges and only necessary if you need fiat.
Great news! Banks embrace with crypto currencies. They will mutually get benefit.

elizabethcrypto

Activity: 41
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Seriously after reading for 30 seconds those links a small child would work out its a messenger with a built in wallet and an altcoin attached that pays users for using the app. The website has a big button in the middle of it to download the app for crying out loud.

Getgems is for people who have never used Crypto, not morons.....saying that should I be surprised with a profile saying Franko is the future? lol

I thought they only paid for introducing new users.... Do I really get more Gemz just by using it ?

reRaise

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:00:42 AM

I thought they only paid for introducing new users.... Do I really get more Gemz just by using it ?

Yea this feature will soon be added its the second referral mechanism which pays for activity (messaging, making transactions etc) through contribution score.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 04:02:49 PM

GetGems was just voted most visionary mobile banking app by Citi Bank during a global competition.

Not at all surprised. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:37:52 AM

Not at all surprised. Smiley

I hope this give a positive outcome, it would give the brand such a boost it deserves once its pretty much out of beta and make the price skyrocket.

In a conversation with Daniel Peled, CEO of GetGems, CoinTelegraph asked about Peled’s reaction to the charges, the potential relationship between GetGems and Citi, and how the two companies may work together in the future.

CoinTelegraph: What does a “commercial relationship” with Citi mean for GetGems?

Daniel Peled: It’s early to say, but they are very excited with what we are doing and the technology we are using. We have a follow-up call early next week, and Citi has a group in Israel that leads the collaboration. The biggest problem with financial services is compliance.

When people’s money is involved, regulation moves to the top of the agenda. Basically, banking disruption requires resources. You need a lot of capital to deploy and meet regulation. Citi can potentially offer a big support.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: