Hi, I'm a Forex trader and a good programmer who got very interested in Bitcoin in the latest month.
I can modify the FXCM Trading Software software to connect to Mt Gox (or other exchanges) and display real time charts, including tick level (phase 1), and also allow trading through it (phase 2).
I know how to do this, but it is difficult, and I was thinking of either charging a monthly subscription (5 USD or BTC equiv) or maybe a somewhat higher single sell price (50 USD or BTC equiv for example). The prices are indicative. They really depend on how much interest there is. Alternatively, I could develop this for a fixed sum (USD or BTC) and then make it free. Or any other solution you may think off, but I do need at least 1000 USD (or 20-50 paying clients) to be able to work on this (not necessarily in a single payment).
Is anybody interested in it?
1. Multiple bitcoin exchanges and rates (Mt Gox, VirWox, BTC/RUB, BTC/PLN, ...)
2. Ability to displaying other real world rates (EUR/USD, Gold Price, Oil Price, SPX 500 index, ...)
3. All usual FXCM indicators will work (EMA, RSI, ....), possibility of writing your own indicators (SDK is in Lua)
3. Trading on Mt Gox through app:
- by providing the Mt Gox password to a small client app running on your machine (you need to trust it then)
- you login into Mt Gox into the brower. The app openes a Mt Gox SELL/BUY page in the browser and fills the Direction/Price/Amount fields. This way you don't need to provide your password to anybody.
4. Integration with Bitcoin news in the News window
5. Standard FXCM features:
- trade directly on charts (drag limit order line up or down to move it)
- one-click trading
Technically, the FXCM app needs to connect to a fake FXCM server. That server could either be a local one that you download and install on your computer, or a central one administered by me (no entering of your Mt Gox password or Bitcoin wallet will be required). There are advantages and disadvantages to each solution. For example, the local client will not be able to collect BTC history data if your computer is offline and could be malicious (steal your wallet). The central server requires a dedicated server (30 USD/month or more, depending on client number) and regular maintenance.
The FXCM app binaries will NOT require modifications. You will download it from the FXCM official site. Only some registry settings need to be added (basically a URL to the fake FXCM server location). So if a centralized server is used, no binary made by me will run on your computer.
Platform video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79pbhjmIMic
Platform tour: http://www.fxcm.com/forex-software-preview.jsp
I could also consider making the fake server and related required apps open source.