Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Satoshi return?  (Read 3024 times)
Kyraishi (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:34:42 AM

Do you (personally) think it would be a good idea for Satoshi to return?
Either now, or in the future?

And if he did, how do you think the rest of the world would react?
(Especially some governments)

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:43:02 AM

Again such a thread? How many have we had already?

Satoshi has completed his task, which was making sure the community takes over Bitcoin to bring it to the next level. His plan worked out well. So, nope, no need for him to come back.
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:43:42 AM

I don't see any real reason why he should come back. But that doesn't stop me from wondering about it...
alch1mista

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

blockchain longa, vita brevis

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:47:36 AM

I think he should come back if some big changes in the protocol are proposed and heavily discussed, no need for him until that time. But only if the community/miners/devs are taking position against the freedom in bitcoin.

Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.
Kyraishi (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:54:19 AM

Satoshi has completed his task, which was making sure the community takes over Bitcoin to bring it to the next level. His plan worked out well. So, nope, no need for him to come back.

So you're saying that it's OK that he left because he done his job?
And it had nothing to do with Gavin talking to the feds?

Do you not wonder that maybe he was forced out?

Kyraishi (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:56:16 AM

I think he should come back if some big changes in the protocol are proposed and heavily discussed, no need for him until that time. But only if the community/miners/devs are taking position against the freedom in bitcoin.

Like what kind of changes?

Also, why does he have to return only if his technical expertise is required?

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:09:13 AM

So you're saying that it's OK that he left because he done his job?
And it had nothing to do with Gavin talking to the feds?

Do you not wonder that maybe he was forced out?

It's pure speculation, he might have, or might have not been forced to leave. We will probably never know. I can't complain as Bitcoin has grown so massively. It's on the right track.

Beside that, I can't see him improve Bitcoin more than already has happened and will happen by the core devs.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:23:46 AM

I see it a bit like religion, the person is there to start with and disappears leaving their legacy to increase, whilst hoping that the creator comes back to help whenever things go bad. 
In either case I don't think the return would help anyone or anything, except for destroy the legacy that has been so well built.
Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 11:31:06 AM

I see it a bit like religion, the person is there to start with and disappears leaving their legacy to increase, whilst hoping that the creator comes back to help whenever things go bad. 
In either case I don't think the return would help anyone or anything, except for destroy the legacy that has been so well built.

Which would make Bitcoin... a cult? If people were rational, Satoshi's return should be quite welcoming. Is Bitcoin a logical endeavor or superstitious hokey one?
Kyraishi (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:39:45 AM

OK, if you see it like religion, and you make it sound like Jesus' story, who was tortured and crucified and obviously disappeared,
what does that make Satoshi and the feds story?

Was Satoshi "cruscified"?
Did he sacrifice his life to offer us economic and monetary freedom?

Kyraishi (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:42:19 AM

Which would make Bitcoin... a cult? If people were rational, Satoshi's return should be quite welcoming. Is Bitcoin a logical endeavor or superstitious hokey one?

In a way, yes.
It is actually not the first time I have seen religion and Bitcoin posted in one day: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.msg11480305#msg11480305

chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 11:44:13 AM

believe that the satohi has left bitcoin ?? They are here BTCut with a different name

Kyraishi (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:53:30 AM

believe that the satohi has left bitcoin ?? They are here BTCut with a different name

SShhhhhh......
Keep quiet.
You are going to ruin my cover......

I just want to know if they want me back or not....  Tongue

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:58:09 AM

He can not return, and his identity must be hidden, but i guess he probably is giving contribution under another alias.
Problem with his return is US law, which states that it is illegal to create currency of your own, and bitcoin is exactly that. From what i could read, jailtime is unlikely to be avoided in this case.
Stop digging around/asking for him.

cheers
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:00:37 PM

It will not be a good idea for him because most people will search for him especially the goverment and if he did come back here and announce to the world who he really is, then there will be alot of rampage in this forum and also the world. If he got some thinking to comeback then I think he would have done it, but he keep on staying quiet this means that he dont plan to come back
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:04:30 PM

only if he have a big plan for the future of bitcoin, like a new idea about a future technology for the protocol or the blockchain itself, otherwsie i don't see the need for his return
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 12:05:21 PM

Simple satoshi will not use again the nick satoshi | is here with diffrent name

Kyraishi (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:08:38 PM

He can not return, and his identity must be hidden, but i guess he probably is giving contribution under another alias.
Problem with his return is US law, which states that it is illegal to create currency of your own, and bitcoin is exactly that. From what i could read, jailtime is unlikely to be avoided in this case.
Stop digging around/asking for him.

cheers

Yeah, but, as you said the problem is US law.
The US law is not applicable anywhere else.
Is it?

Kyraishi (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:11:26 PM

It will not be a good idea for him because most people will search for him especially the goverment and if he did come back here and announce to the world who he really is, then there will be alot of rampage in this forum and also the world. If he got some thinking to comeback then I think he would have done it, but he keep on staying quiet this means that he dont plan to come back

Quite a lot of people are already searching for him.
But I do agree with you that he ain't planning on coming back.  At least not as Satoshi that is.
That is the reason he kept anonymous to begin with.

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:14:29 PM

Quite a lot of people are already searching for him.
But I do agree with you that he ain't planning on coming back.  At least not as Satoshi that is.
That is the reason he kept anonymous to begin with.

Most people are searching for him because of speculation that someone is satoshi because he show the same pattern like satoshi . LIke the newest one is Tupac, but I dont think that the world will be able to find him unless satoshi decided not to hide anymore. Even if satoshi is found, he can always deny that he is satoshi and people have no proof about it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: