Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:49:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few Questions and Discussions relating to Trading  (Read 942 times)
ShetKid (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:25:32 PM

I opened this thread for questions someone might have with trading. I am interested in getting into bitcoin trading . But I have questions regarding a few terms.

Can someone explain how does shorting work ? I understand it is selling the coin or stock at current price when you expect price to fall. If current price is 10$ then you sell and buy back after it falls to say 7$. Then how do you profit out of it ? It just seems to be minimizing losses .
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:14:00 PM

the shorter, plays his game on a downtrend, as long as it keep falling he can gain profit, even if he sold at a lowest price than the last price at which he bought back, but he need then to buy back at a even lower price, it's better to buy back at , at least at the price of your last buy, otherwise you are only increasing the risk of losing

at some point he must go out of the market, if the downtrend is too strong, then the problem is that he can't enter anymore without losing money...
ShetKid (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:14:25 PM

the shorter, plays his game on a downtrend, as long as it keep falling he can gain profit, even if he sold at a lowest price than the last price at which he bought back, but he need then to buy back at a even lower price, it's better to buy back at , at least at the price of your last buy, otherwise you are only increasing the risk of losing

at some point he must go out of the market, if the downtrend is too strong, then the problem is that he can't enter anymore without losing money...

That doesn't make much sense . I believe what you are talking about is loss minimizing which is done when you know the prices of bitcoin or a stock is about to go down. In stocks shorting comes into play when typically a broker is involved, but how does it come into play with something like Bitcoin or Altcoin Trading ?
Greentree

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:41:31 AM

That doesn't make much sense . I believe what you are talking about is loss minimizing which is done when you know the prices of bitcoin or a stock is about to go down. In stocks shorting comes into play when typically a broker is involved, but how does it come into play with something like Bitcoin or Altcoin Trading ?
We can buy bitcoin option, call or put. We can easily go short or long for bitcoin.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:29:14 AM

I opened this thread for questions someone might have with trading. I am interested in getting into bitcoin trading . But I have questions regarding a few terms.

Can someone explain how does shorting work ? I understand it is selling the coin or stock at current price when you expect price to fall. If current price is 10$ then you sell and buy back after it falls to say 7$. Then how do you profit out of it ? It just seems to be minimizing losses .

Its not exactly like that, you are not really selling any coins, you are selling something that you dont own, im not good at explaning this but you can check it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_%28finance%29

Im not really sure how does that apply to bitcoins tho.
TraderCal11

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:30:24 AM

My trading strategy really hasn't depended on the price of bitcoin on the large exchanges. If you are able to assemble several different accounts on different online wallets, this can be very profitable. A lot of ads advertise to buy BTC at 15-20% higher than market. From there, it is only a matter of choosing your transactions very carefully to avoid fraud.

Hope this helped.

regards

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
ShetKid (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:34:36 AM

We can buy bitcoin option, call or put. We can easily go short or long for bitcoin.
Yes, but how do we do that and what does it mean to go short in bitcoin as unlike a stock its not possible to sell something we don't own.

My trading strategy really hasn't depended on the price of bitcoin on the large exchanges. If you are able to assemble several different accounts on different online wallets, this can be very profitable. A lot of ads advertise to buy BTC at 15-20% higher than market. From there, it is only a matter of choosing your transactions very carefully to avoid fraud.

Hope this helped.

regards

That is not relevant to the question .
noel57

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:49:00 PM

Shorting as you are already aware means sell, you sell when you are anticipating that the price will fall and you buy back when you are convinced that the price is going to rise, it a form of day trading techniques.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: