Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banker jumps to his death from luxury apartment  (Read 1202 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:27:23 PM

An investment banker jumped to his death from the window of his million-dollar apartment in the Financial District on Thursday, sources and authorities said.

The 29-year-old man plunged from the 24th floor of the luxury Ocean apartment building at 1 West St. at about 10:40 a.m. and landed on a guardrail near the northbound Battery Park Underpass, narrowly missing a black SUV.

The man’s body was mangled by the impact, leaving one of the vehicle’s passengers horrified, witnesses said.
“I went outside, and the woman in the car was screaming, ‘I didn’t know where he came from!’ ” said Hans Peler, 48, a manager at the building’s parking garage.

“It happened right in front of our guy who waves cars in with the flag. He was so shaken up, I told him to go home.”
The gruesome aftermath sent tourists on an open-air bus that was stuck in traffic scrambling for their cellphones to snap pictures of the body, said workers at the building.

“The head hit the railing . . . Half his head is on one side of the railing, half on the other,” recalled Frank Rodriguez, 44, a handyman who was working nearby. “It’s never worth this . . . Life is too precious.”

Sources said the young banker had made several attempts to kill himself earlier in the morning, including cutting his wrists, before making the plunge.

The man — whom police did not immediately identify — was from a wealthy family in Westchester County, sources said.
He had apparently become very successful on his own.

He owned his apartment in the 36-story Ocean complex, which overlooks The Battery and New York Harbor, and had just returned from a vacation in the Bahamas, sources said.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/28/man-falls-to-death-outside-luxury-building/

----------------------------------------------------------
Wasn't there an old thread about bankers dying? I am too lazy to find it.

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:54:54 PM

an honourable end

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:02:20 PM

What a waste of life... at just 29 years... He hailed from a wealthy family, and had created millions of USD worth of wealth for himself... lived in a multi-million dollar apartment... but probably became overconfident about his abilities and did some risky trades, which went bad. Normally I hate these investment bankers.... but in this incident I feel bad for him.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:10:18 PM

What a waste of life... at just 29 years... He hailed from a wealthy family, and had created millions of USD worth of wealth for himself... lived in a multi-million dollar apartment... but probably became overconfident about his abilities and did some risky trades, which went bad. Normally I hate these investment bankers.... but in this incident I feel bad for him.
I feel bad also. I wish i could tell him that at 29 your just getting started on life.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 05:18:46 PM

an honourable end
BAD fascist, bad! Down!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:22:47 PM

The guilt of screwing over millions of people gets to some people.
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:27:12 PM

I feel bad also. I wish i could tell him that at 29 your just getting started on life.

Some nice guys about here as well as bad  Cheesy, I too would like to tell him the same. Being within a whisper of that age and only now about to realize the dream of having your own family and feeling life has only just begun. To throw that away leads me to believe, no accident and in fact he did not fall but was well... He never got to the point in life where he sees that there are things that are far more important than good/bad trades and wealth. Wealth is usually a curse imo. Horrible to have been there and have that stick with you for life people grabbing there phones Shocked

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

jmurjeff

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:39:37 PM

This is huge speculation. Maybe him killing himself had nothing at all to do with his job or money. He might have had a girlfriend that broke up with him and he could not take it. There could have been a million different reasons. Money though does not buy happiness. But it does make life a lot easier to live.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1127

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:57:54 PM

Sources said the young banker had made several attempts to kill himself earlier in the morning, including cutting his wrists, before making the plunge.

I just wondering how hard the problem was faced by him so he tried to kill himself many times. Or maybe he got a problem and the solution is be killed or kill himself.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:44:46 PM

I just wondering how hard the problem was faced by him so he tried to kill himself many times. Or maybe he got a problem and the solution is be killed or kill himself.

People jumping to their death without any regards to whom they may hurt on their way down are selfish.

Trifixion713

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:13:39 PM

By the way these banker "suicides" are usually not really suicides. Banker A steals from Banker B, Banker B turns out to be the wrong crook to steal from, hires hitman to toss Banker A out his penthouse window.

Remember that banker that committed "suicide" by cutting his own throat in his bathtub? These incidents are never investigated because the cops are too afraid to investigate bankers. It's not just fraud that bankers get away with..

Very true - maybe not in this case, but when I read the title that was the first thought I had as most of these "suicides" are hits.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:12:55 PM

Does the NY Post always write that way? It's like watching the news but the characters are all actors in a movie. So weird.

miki77miki

Activity: 476

stop kidding me

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 01:20:30 AM

Although I strongly dislike bankers, no one deserves to die. Also if people knew about his attempts to kill himself earlier why wasn't he being watched?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3086

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 01:27:53 AM

He was set for life.  He probably had demons from many misdeeds in the past.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:20:43 AM

An investment banker jumped to his death from the window of his million-dollar apartment in the Financial District on Thursday, sources and authorities said.

The 29-year-old man plunged from the 24th floor of the luxury Ocean apartment building at 1 West St. at about 10:40 a.m. and landed on a guardrail near the northbound Battery Park Underpass, narrowly missing a black SUV.

The man’s body was mangled by the impact, leaving one of the vehicle’s passengers horrified, witnesses said.
“I went outside, and the woman in the car was screaming, ‘I didn’t know where he came from!’ ” said Hans Peler, 48, a manager at the building’s parking garage.

“It happened right in front of our guy who waves cars in with the flag. He was so shaken up, I told him to go home.”
The gruesome aftermath sent tourists on an open-air bus that was stuck in traffic scrambling for their cellphones to snap pictures of the body, said workers at the building.

“The head hit the railing . . . Half his head is on one side of the railing, half on the other,” recalled Frank Rodriguez, 44, a handyman who was working nearby. “It’s never worth this . . . Life is too precious.”

The man — whom police did not immediately identify — was from a wealthy family in Westchester County, sources said.
He had apparently become very successful on his own.

He owned his apartment in the 36-story Ocean complex, which overlooks The Battery and New York Harbor, and had just returned from a vacation in the Bahamas, sources said.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/28/man-falls-to-death-outside-luxury-building/

----------------------------------------------------------
Wasn't there an old thread about bankers dying? I am too lazy to find it.

That's really sad. Young, smart, successful and yet an end like this.
Everyone has their own demons I suppose.

pisinos

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:19:32 AM

Who cares about a scumbag?
rosh

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:49:59 AM

Loss of life is always saddening.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:55:22 AM

He probably invested in bitcoins  Undecided

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:18:28 PM

We haven't had one of these banker deaths in a while as far as I can recall, had a slew of them prior to just around this time last year. It just doesn't make sense that most of these deaths occur w/ these guys jumping out of high rise buildings unless they're being forced out. If some of these guys made bad moves that cost them financially, it would seem like seeking out a therapist would be the first step to repairing their mental state enough to pick up the pieces and continue on. Undecided
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:57:46 AM

Isn´t all this banker crap that´s being whacked/suicided middle management types? Dead men tell no tales. Of course you don´t really touch the bosses and the odd foot soldier that knows enough to get rubbed out isn´t of enough consequence to make the news.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: