Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't access Bitcointalk.org  (Read 644 times)
duboisi (OP)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:29:02 PM

I can access the forum from my office but not from home, this only happen since the recent prolong down time:
1) Ping bitcointalk.org from home always timed out.
2) tracert from office, it returned to my local ip after 5.254.90.2
3) tracert from home, Request timed out after 5.254.90.2 (<-- belong to RIPE NCC)
What should I do? TQ.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:28:36 PM

Try changing your DNS, Google's are pretty good, you may also want to try OpenDNS.

You can also access via TOR.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 08:36:24 PM

It seems like you are having a DNS problem. You can change the DNS servers or you could try flushing the DNS cache on your computer. Also see if you can access the forum by its IP. Just enter this: 198.251.81.170 into the url bar and you should get to the forum.

duboisi (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:40:07 AM

Thanks for all the replies.
I have flushed DNS cache and entered 198.251.81.170 in url bar but still have same problem. Already point to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 at IPv4 DNS Servers (shown in Network Connection Details) BUT have not change DNS at Router (not enough technical knowledge to do so).
By the way, I can access all my usual daily URLs, including websites and mining pools websites without problem, except bitcointalk.org. The only clue I get is from comparing tracert output with my office PC.
The office tracert after 5.254.90.2 is my local ip addreass, then follow by bitcointalk.org.
The home tracert always timed out after 5.254.90.2.
I will try to disable antivirus and firewall later to see if it is blocked by them.
duboisi (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:02:34 AM

Is not problem from Firewall or Antivirus.
Will use proxy server for now.
TQ.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:23:31 AM

Yesterday the server was down for a bit, i saw it on twitter that i was not the only one not able to connect. But lately (Since the server got ''hacked'') the forum works slow on my phone, on the computer works fine but on the phone works really slow, sometimes it takes a lot to connect, it ends up connecting, no error but it takes way too much time.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀