Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:52:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-05-29] WUK: IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO GET INTO BITCOIN, INSISTS BITCOIN JESUS  (Read 1309 times)
Grand_Voyageur (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 07:28:45 PM

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO GET INTO BITCOIN, INSISTS BITCOIN JESUS

There is a myth in certain circles that it is too late to get into Bitcoin -- that if you didn't buy in early then you missed the boat. Not so, says Roger Ver. You might expect him to say that, though: he is also known as Bitcoin Jesus, after all.

It feels like a lot has happened to Bitcoin during its short lifetime, but the reality is that it is still early days for the cryptocurrency.

It is, however, changing fast.

Full story: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-05/29/bitcoin-opportunities-amazon-growth

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:37:46 PM

It will never be too late to get into bitcoin. Right now it is a fantastic time to get in it being good and lowish price if it goes down even more on price I will continue to buy more and more of it and build my reserves for retirement when that day comes and have the opportunity to make a good profit from it too if coin goes back and beyond 1300 a coin.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:54:57 PM

Because the supply of Bitcoin is limited, the price of Bitcoin is going to have to increase and increase very substantially over time

That is not necessarily true. It assumes that the velocity stays constant (referring to MV = PQ), which is not likely to be the case. As adoption increases, the price could continue to fall just like it has been for the last year.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:56:25 AM

There are somewhere between 5 and 10 billion Bitcoin users in the world -- because of anonymity, the exact number is unclear, but one thing Ver is sure of is that it is going to grow.

Sheesh.... These people at least need to get their math right.
Number of Bitcoin users > the population of this earth?

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Come original.

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:05:07 AM

Of course it's not too late. Bitcoin is still in its early phase really so even people joining today or even months down the road can still have the chance to be an early adopter. I think bitcoin can easily get back to its $1000 price tag and even multiples of that if bitcoin gets adopted by some huge businesses or industries so there's still great potential for great profit.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:18:11 PM

If people have been following the coin for a while and looking to make purchases around this time, they are far luckier than many others that got in at higher prices. That said, those that bought at higher prices have been doing so for quite a while and are a step ahead in their accumulation.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:56:52 PM

I didn't expect him to say otherwise. But he is right indeed. Smart people always buy in on huge sell-offs and keep holding their coins. The others are always waiting. Stop waiting and buy now.
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:49:46 AM

Another way to look at it is that a stagnant price is actually good for bitcoin.  It makes things less dangerous for the casual user.  What bitcoin needs is wider adoption and slow price increases, not bubbles.  When it is no longer considered an investment by the majority of users is when things will get interesting.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:04:03 AM

Another way to look at it is that a stagnant price is actually good for bitcoin.  It makes things less dangerous for the casual user.  What bitcoin needs is wider adoption and slow no price increases, not bubbles.  When it is no longer considered an investment by the majority of users is when things will get interesting.

FTFY

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 08:34:40 AM

Like saying it's too late to get into gold.....

Its never too late.....
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:47:14 AM

There are somewhere between 5 and 10 billion Bitcoin users in the world -- because of anonymity, the exact number is unclear, but one thing Ver is sure of is that it is going to grow.

He probably got confused between "million" and "billion". IMO, there are only around 1 million active Bitcoin users in the world right now (got the figures from rpietila's thread). During the last 12 months, the growth in new users have been blunted, due to various scandals (such as the Mt Gox robbery, SR 2.0 take down.etc).

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Come original.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:55:17 AM

He probably got confused between "million" and "billion". IMO, there are only around 1 million active Bitcoin users in the world right now (got the figures from rpietila's thread). During the last 12 months, the growth in new users have been blunted, due to various scandals (such as the Mt Gox robbery, SR 2.0 take down.etc).

I wouldn't take anything rpietila says that seriously, especially if its not well sourced or documented as he's well known to use dodgy or unconfirmed sources. Knowing how many active users bitcoin has would be very had to quantify as well. I'm sure there are many people who are still just holding their coins for the future and they shouldn't be discounted either.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:22:16 PM

I wouldn't take anything rpietila says that seriously, especially if its not well sourced or documented as he's well known to use dodgy or unconfirmed sources. Knowing how many active users bitcoin has would be very had to quantify as well. I'm sure there are many people who are still just holding their coins for the future and they shouldn't be discounted either.

In the absence of other trustworthy sources, the methodology used by rpietila seems to be the most reliable and accurate one. His assumptions are backed up by the (leaked) data from the Mt Gox. Anyway I am sure that the number of users is much smaller than the figure of 5 million or 10 million given by most sources.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:32:07 PM

In the absence of other trustworthy sources, the methodology used by rpietila seems to be the most reliable and accurate one. His assumptions are backed up by the (leaked) data from the Mt Gox. Anyway I am sure that the number of users is much smaller than the figure of 5 million or 10 million given by most sources.

Whereas you trust the methodology from someone like Roger Ver?   Cheesy

We have estimations from the Federal Reserve Bank, European Central Bank and then banking authors like Jeffrey Robinson who all put the user estimation at or under 250,000 human users (FRB states 100,000).   Addresses =/= Human Users, one human can have many addresses.

As well the Federal Reserve Bank claimed Bitcoin was seeing exponential doubling every 10 months but that doesn't explain why Bitcoin websites like Bitcointalk.org, Coindesk.com, et cetera - have actually fallen in their Alexa Rank.   Falling in alexa rank = less people coming to bitcoin related websites and less people are reading about Bitcoin - doesn't look good if the thesis is Bitcoin is supposed to be doubling in population every 10 months.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:17:18 PM

It will never be too late to get into bitcoin...

Yep, and it's never too early to get some of your savings out of fiat. Wink

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: