Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:35:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need a loan of .0053btc, I have bitcoins for collateral- Loan filled  (Read 945 times)
duckydonald (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:23:23 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 08:13:08 PM by duckydonald

I need to buy something and I have collateral, but really dont wanna use the collateral since I can use the bitcoins, but if collateral is needed then so be it.  I have bitcoins as collateral

Loan taken from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=306930
he is  mod on Just-Dice and will owe him in two weeks 10x the amount, he gave me 1 clam = 0.0053,
Due Date:june 15th will make the payment
Paying back 0.053BTC.  

BTC address where I have to make payment too 1EBFvj92r43FCdB1w3Xvvn9ZQQWPMDbEjk .

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:48:22 AM

I need to buy something and I have collateral, but really dont wanna use the collateral since I can use the bitcoins, but if collateral is needed then so be it.  I have bitcoins as collateral

What collateral can you offer? Are you asking for a bitcoin loan with bitcoin collateral?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:49:16 AM

Hang on a second. You want a Bitcoin loan, but you also are offering Bitcoin as collateral?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:22:37 AM

This sounds a lot like you are trying to buy trust. Roll Eyes
svein

Activity: 298

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:45:59 AM

Yes, that's exactly what people do. Borrow money using as collateral the amount they are loaning. And give the interest as a gift of charity for the loaner
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:54:09 AM

What the hell was that?  Roll Eyes
I suppose you know that collateral amount needs to be 120% on the loan amount, so you agree to pay 120% of the bitcoins of the amount of bitcoin you want as loan? If yes, I can happily do this  Grin LOL
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:55:28 AM

Hang on a second. You want a Bitcoin loan, but you also are offering Bitcoin as collateral?

I agree with you there, it makes absolutely no sense.

@OP: If you have the same amount of BTC as the loan you want - why would you even need the loan in the first place? You could just as easily use the BTC. If you have less BTC than the amount of you want - that doesn't work as collateral (because it doesn't cover the costs) so you a) can reduce your loan by that amount and b) actually provide some real collateral (i.e. altcoins, physical goods etc.)

This sounds a lot like you are trying to buy trust. Roll Eyes

It does look rather suspicious TBH - although I'm not exactly sure why he/she would think anyone would fall for it.
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:02:57 AM

im sorry but realllly?

duckydonald (OP)

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:43:10 PM

I am trying to make a point, why take a loan with alt coins when is the same thing??? oh just because is bitcoin means im trying to buy trust, I can go to an exchange an alter the bitcoins, what is the fucking difference?  few minutes of my time thats all.  Alt coins should nt be considered collateral when I can just get bitcoins for them.  you guys asking for alt coins dont make anysense
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:56:46 PM

I am trying to make a point, why take a loan with alt coins when is the same thing??? oh just because is bitcoin means im trying to buy trust, I can go to an exchange an alter the bitcoins, what is the fucking difference?  few minutes of my time thats all.  Alt coins should nt be considered collateral when I can just get bitcoins for them.  you guys asking for alt coins dont make anysense

Your point makes no sense. It is essentially me saying I'll give you $120 as collateral if you loan me $120.
If I'm using alt coins, I'm saying I'm giving you 110€ as collateral and you're loaning me $100.
This is because I believe that the Euro will increase in value and I don't want to sell it.

(Disclaimer: I believe that the euro will plummet, the above is just an example.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:46:40 PM

What's the point of a home equity loan when you could just sell your house?

What's the point of a title loan when you could just sell your car?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 04:21:57 PM

Wait, is this a legitimate loan request where you will provide the collateral in Bitcoin, or are you just trying to prove a point?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:27:17 PM

the real point is most people just shouldn't get a loan here.  too easy to scam.  we have a lending section to keep all the riff raff in one place.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 02:12:46 PM

What's the point of a home equity loan when you could just sell your house?

What's the point of a title loan when you could just sell your car?
Invalid examples for the OP as for I believe that he is not yet of at an age where those terms are present.
duckydonald (OP)

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:58:11 PM

Loan is filled guys Smiley
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:36:59 PM

No it wasn't. Take a look at 1EBFvj92r43FCdB1w3Xvvn9ZQQWPMDbEjk, there are no transactions associated with that address (the one in your OP where the loan was suppose to be sent to)
duckydonald (OP)

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:47:37 PM

No it wasn't. Take a look at 1EBFvj92r43FCdB1w3Xvvn9ZQQWPMDbEjk, there are no transactions associated with that address (the one in your OP where the loan was suppose to be sent to)

Knucklehead why dont you go find the mod of JD and go confirm it.  also I gave the profile of the user the loan was taken from, why dont you do a bit of research before you make an accusation.  Also you should go back to school and learn how to read quickseller, I said he gave me a clam!!!  DUHHHH!!!  "mod on Just-Dice and will owe him in two weeks 10x the amount, he gave me 1 clam = 0.0053"
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 07:58:35 PM

I think that is his repayment address, not the address where the loan was sent to.

duckydonald (OP)

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:05:25 PM

I think that is his repayment address, not the address where the loan was sent to.
"right, you sir know how to read. "BTC address where I have to make payment too 1EBFvj92r43FCdB1w3Xvvn9ZQQWPMDbEjk ."
duckydonald (OP)

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:52:23 PM

Funny how now most of the trolls had finally STFU  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: