Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:14:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No more scam busting!  (Read 6406 times)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 10:09:30 PM

I am announcing my retirement from scam busting.

Bitcoin has been very nice to me, allowing me to retire early at age 43.  I felt I really needed to give back to that which had given so much to me, so I was very active on this forum fighting scams.  As of this date I have spent over 136 days fighting the good fight.  I gave up the chance to make money by escrowing, using a paid signature, running a business, moderating, etc.  I wasn't here to make money but to try and help other people from losing coins. 

Over the past year, after selling my coins, I have vastly reduced my computer clients and built my dream home while making this forum my virtual home.  Over the last few days I have given away my remaining bitcoin for various project work.  I no longer hold any significant bitcoin, and thus have a reduced vested interest in keeping the bitcoin price high.  That includes doing my little part to combat fraud here.  The only project I am working on now is exposing Armis' long term con on the official PICISI website, which will be complete by June 5th.

Luckily over the past year there has been an influx of new scam busters being added to the default trust list, reducing my work load considerably. Many times I go to leave negative trust and see it's already been done!  I am throwing the torch to these individuals and thank them in advance for their service to the community. 

On June 6th I'm planning to execute a life long dream and buy a small sailboat to leave from Vancouver, sail down the coast, through the Panama Canal, and back up to Halifax.  I'm expecting it to take most of the summer. If you live on the coast and would like to go for a beer (or just see the boat!), please email me at martin@martinlawrence.caSmiley

Code:
DISCLAIMERS:
1.  I will be locking this thread for now as it will only be filled with complaints from scammers I have busted. 
2.  I will be blocking everyone's PMs within the week.  People may not see this and I don't want them believing they sent a message that I may never read.
3.  I am retiring the name Vod.  If anyone, anywhere else claims to be "Vod from Bitcointalk", they are lying.

I'll sincerely miss the good times I had in the Off Topic and Political Discussion sections with some great people on here.  The last couple days have been an emotional one for sure, but I know things will be better in the future, if I don't drown that is!  I got quite sucked up into this community and for that reason I don't know if I'll reconnect when I return.  Since I'm not scam busting there will be better communities to joke around on that don't have all the drama and dishonesty/scamming.  TC and Dooglus have my contact information should I need to change any negative trust I have left.

I wish good luck to all the honest people out there and I wish the overall bitcoin community continued success!  Thanks to the admins and mods for their hard and thankless work.

Feel free to blame me for this. Smiley

Vod Bless.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 09:45:35 PM

I have unlocked the thread for any comments you have, although I probably won't read them for at least three months. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:50:45 PM

This made me emotional  Cry
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 09:55:44 PM

So you've finalized the decision. I was wondering where your thread would come up. Even though the scammers will be glad that you're leaving, some will definitely miss you.
I however understand why you did this.

Good luck with your dream. Hopefully everything goes as planned. We'll continue the journey somewhere else.  Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:59:47 PM

I am glad bitcoin served you nicely, and want to thank you for all the effort you've put in this forum and community.
Hope you have a wonderful time sailing!

That been said, i'm also very surprised you dumped most of your bitcoins for fiat, and furthermore am shocked that you would leave us so suddenly.
Doesn't feel right on many levels, but you just made a ton of scammers very happy.

Goodbye Vod  Undecided
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:00:27 PM

You couldnt resist now could you ? You had to take in all the comments and applauds ?  Roll Eyes

I'd say you did a good job, but you've lead the way for some serious scammers to do some serious damage. People could trust Tomato's list before you started your forum policing, and then people could trust you, even I.
But now all these wanabe Vods see a shortcut to gaining the trust of the community and who knows what they'll do with it when they have it.

Live with that.

Besides that good luck with your studies Smiley

-edit-
wait a second. You also announced your retirement from this forum and then you came back like you dont care, is this another one of those events ? You cheeky devil :Cheesy

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:03:58 PM

Thanks for all Vod, and good luck with your life Wink. You were so funny and I will remember your actions for a long time!
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:08:32 PM

Its ok VOD, i obviously have this scam busting thing down, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1076466.msg11500756#msg11500756
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1073492.0
now i just need to gain some trust
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:15:03 PM

Thanks, Vod! Wish you best of luck! You are an honest person and this forum will surely miss your scam busting service.
bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:31:57 PM

This is great news for the dirty scammers around here both Quickseller and Vod no longer with us  Undecided Quickseller needs to be put back on asap to fight the good fight imo. That aside I wish you all the best with your sailing and future away from here and all the drama. Take care!

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:49:29 PM

Code:
3.  I am retiring the name Vod.  If anyone, anywhere else claims to be "Vod from Bitcointalk", they are lying.

You probably want to GPG sign that.

I have unlocked the thread for any comments you have, although I probably won't read them for at least three months. 

Oh well, I guess my suggestion is late.
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:31:09 AM

You can't retire!    plain and simple you can't.

I can't retire while knocking on deaths door which means.....You can't retire.   I know you see this Smiley
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:42:51 AM

I will miss looking at your avatar. Congratulations on your retirement.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:45:14 AM

I feel like I'm signing a high school yearbook...

Hey Vod! Great to see you all in fiat to pursue your life-long dream of boat.

Roll Eyes

God speed, brother.

Yours sincerely,

BMB

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 01:55:29 AM

Hey Vod.  Remember the good ol' days where we used to save stupid noobs from being scammed?  I say it in past tense, as for I believe that your work, and the work of the rest of the scam busters, have really smartened up this community.  Have a good one, man. Smiley
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 04:30:55 AM

Thank you for the effort your put into the community. We'll miss you. Best of luck and have a great life! Smiley

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:35:10 AM

Thanks for no longer power tripping here! Grin
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:50:26 AM

Thanks for no longer power tripping here! Grin

Re-owning the name TradeFortress.  A less-ballsy move now that Vod is gone.

Vod you and I disagreed from time to time, but I appreciate that you never made it personal.

Happy sailing!
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 07:18:59 AM

Sad to hear you're leaving. You will be missed. Happy to hear you are pursuing your dream boat trip. When I was younger, I actually thought about sea kayaking from Vancouver, down around the southern tip of South America, and then back up all the way to Toronto. (Via the St. Lawrence.) If you decide to extend your trip to Toronto look me up. (PM me here.) Would've been nice if you posted pics of your journey. Cheers bro! (Or, should I say, Bon Voyage!)

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:00:44 AM

Sad. But I guess it is time to go bye bye.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: