Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:14:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain.info API - callback IP  (Read 947 times)
supermoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:47:34 PM

Hello guys, I'm facing a problem with blockchain.info API.
I'm actually receiving payments on random generated addresses by blockchain.info which forward the bitcoins to my wallet address, but you already know how it works  Cheesy
However, payments are properly forwarded but there is no saved requests from blockchain.info server (callback) because the DDoS protection offered by my company filters and blocks the incoming connections from blockchain.info
May I know the correct IP addresses used for callback requests so that I can add them in whitelist? Apparently I can not find them over the web  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermoney (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:11:07 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 05:34:35 PM by supermoney

How's possible that nobody faced such kind of problem?  Sad
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 09:25:28 AM

Hello guys, I'm facing a problem with blockchain.info API.
I'm actually receiving payments on random generated addresses by blockchain.info which forward the bitcoins to my wallet address, but you already know how it works  Cheesy
However, payments are properly forwarded but there is no saved requests from blockchain.info server (callback) because the DDoS protection offered by my company filters and blocks the incoming connections from blockchain.info
May I know the correct IP addresses used for callback requests so that I can add them in whitelist? Apparently I can not find them over the web  Huh

You should contact Blockchain.info support. https://blockchain.info/support-desk

supermoney (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:58:13 AM

Thanks, I've opened a ticket right now. I don't know how long they will take to reply me, so this thread is still opened  Cheesy
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 12:50:06 PM

When I ping Blockchain.info, IP I am getting is 141.101.112.196. Try whitelisting it. Please ping before you add IP to ensure I am saying is true.

supermoney (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:17:20 PM

When I ping Blockchain.info, IP I am getting is 141.101.112.196. Try whitelisting it. Please ping before you add IP to ensure I am saying is true.

My whitelist already contains:
Code:

But unfortunately, none of them resolved my problem. I've also found a good read: Blockchain.info - confirm IP address for callbacks
Seems that 82.145.55.247 is offline, probably because blockchain.info updates its address after a certain period. What do you think?

By the way, blockchain' support has now escalated my ticket to their development department. Fingers crossed!
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 04:06:13 PM

My whitelist already contains:
Code:

But unfortunately, none of them resolved my problem. I've also found a good read: Blockchain.info - confirm IP address for callbacks
Seems that 82.145.55.247 is offline, probably because blockchain.info updates its address after a certain period. What do you think?

~2 years passed. IP address changed.

By the way, blockchain' support has now escalated my ticket to their development department. Fingers crossed!

Congrats.

I also suggest you to create a temporary (free) website and find their IP. You can use their website to test to find IP. https://blockchain.info/api/api_receive

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:27:59 AM

I'm actually receiving payments on random generated addresses by blockchain.info which forward the bitcoins to my wallet address

Just for that I'd never use bc.i. Why spam the blockchain with an additional transaction? Bc.i and satoshidice are the reason we have to download 10gb blockchains. Have they not heard of offchain tx???

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 10:31:44 AM

I'm actually receiving payments on random generated addresses by blockchain.info which forward the bitcoins to my wallet address

Just for that I'd never use bc.i. Why spam the blockchain with an additional transaction? Bc.i and satoshidice are the reason we have to download 10gb blockchains. Have they not heard of offchain tx???

Honestly, do you know what you are talking about?

supermoney (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:49:59 AM

Eh?!  Huh
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:31:51 PM

Care to explain with API example how offchain tx can replace bc.i's receive API ?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 12:34:37 PM

Care to explain with API example how offchain tx can replace bc.i's receive API ?

I don't think he will. If you check his posts, most recent posts look like sig spam.

Amitabh S
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:44:13 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 01:15:31 PM by Amitabh S

If you want to receive a payment, bc.i will create an address for you. Fair enough. Someone sends you coins. Thats 1 tx.
Then they send that same amount to you. Thats another tx.

Why can't they do a batch transfer? or something else; anything but that.. Why do two tx for each payment?

From https://blockchain.info/api/api_receive

You provide a bitcoin address we generate unique addresses that forwards payments to that address instantly notifying a callback URL.

They should figure out a way to fix it..... If I make a payment gateway, I would not do twice as many as needed transactions

No need to explain.. Just check out any other payment gateways (e.g, bitpay)

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 01:32:38 PM

If you want to receive a payment, bc.i will create an address for you. Fair enough. Someone sends you coins. Thats 1 tx.

Why can't they do a batch transfer? or something else; anything but that.. Why do two tx for each payment?

You provide a bitcoin address we generate unique addresses that forwards payments to that address instantly notifying a callback URL.

They should figure out a way to fix it..... If I make a payment gateway, I would not do twice as many as needed transactions

You don't know exactly what it does, do you? It is used to receive payment so that we don't want to expose our main address directly. Each time users send payment, new addresses are generated and is forwarded to the address owner set. If we don't want to use this, you can just tell to send the payment to your main address and bear the risk.

Customer sends payment in tx1 to Blockchain.info generated address and Blockchain.info forwards that payment in 2 to owner's address. That is how it works!

No need to explain.. Just check out any other payment gateways (e.g, bitpay)

Bitpay is different. You clearly don't know what Blockchain.info forwarding API does. Also, for an off-chain transaction to work, either owner or customer need an account in that site. Owners can't enforce customer to have an account in the payment gateway we use nor do owners can't keep their money in that site forever because they need to get that money and storing money in other's address is very risky.

Amitabh S
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:09:47 PM

You don't know exactly what it does, do you? It is used to receive payment so that we don't want to expose our main address directly. Each time users send payment, new addresses are generated and is forwarded to the address owner set. If we don't want to use this, you can just tell to send the payment to your main address and bear the risk.

Customer sends payment in tx1 to Blockchain.info generated address and Blockchain.info forwards that payment in 2 to owner's address. That is how it works!

How is that different from what I said? I said:
My customer sends payment to bc.i generated address: TX1
The bc.i sends payment to my address INSTANTLY.. that TX2. (Unless I am mistaken, this is how it works)

So for EVERY PAYMENT there are two transactions

bc.i could easily batch them into one single tx if they wanted to. (do they do this? If so, then I retract my statement) I never tried but I carefully did read their API documentation, which is where I inferred this from.

If they don't and if you want to still use bc.i, you are most welcome.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 04:18:17 PM

How is that different from what I said? I said:
My customer sends payment to bc.i generated address: TX1
The bc.i sends payment to my address INSTANTLY.. that TX2. (Unless I am mistaken, this is how it works)

So for EVERY PAYMENT there are two transactions

Yes. Then, I might have misunderstood what you said.

bc.i could easily batch them into one single tx if they wanted to.

Care to explain "how"?

(do they do this? If so, then I retract my statement) I never tried but I carefully did read their API documentation, which is where I inferred this from.

No, they don't.

If they don't and if you want to still use bc.i, you are most welcome.

I don't use it. I don't have a shopping website or something to use it or similar services.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: