Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thankyou for helping my fundraiser, the goal has been reached.  (Read 1553 times)
Benevolentia (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:04:44 AM

I'll change the title, "Help make my charity tax exempted"

It is a corporation with charitable intentions when filed.

Sigh.  You are not a charity.   You have not filed yet.

Is it your site or your friend's site?

Anyway, I'm beating my head against a wall.  I think we have a communication breakdown.  I hope you get your charity status.  But don't claim to be one before you actually are.   Undecided

Good luck.

Friend's site too, thankyou. I just want to say it's not a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:03:33 PM

I'll change the title, "Help make my charity tax exempted"

It is a corporation with charitable intentions when filed.

Sigh.  You are not a charity.   You have not filed yet.

Is it your site or your friend's site?

Anyway, I'm beating my head against a wall.  I think we have a communication breakdown.  I hope you get your charity status.  But don't claim to be one before you actually are.   Undecided

Good luck.

Friend's site too, thankyou. I just want to say it's not a scam.

Vod means you cant name it a charity because you legally are no charity yet. You might work like a charity but as long as you arent tax exempted you are no charity for the law. At least thats how i understand it.

Thats why he asks you to change your header. To something like "Please help to make my organisation a charity." Or so. Dont know exactly.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Benevolentia (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:38:18 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 09:33:19 PM by Benevolentia

Legal definition of charity:

"1) in general the sentiment of benevolence, doing good works, assisting the less fortunate, philanthropy, and contributing to the general public. 2) an organization which exists to help those in need or provide educational, scientific, religious and artistic assistance to members of the public. Charities are usually corporations established under state guidelines and require IRS approval in order for contributions to them to be deductible from gross income by donors."

SOURCE: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/charity

"The Concept of Charity under the Internal Revenue Regulations has slowly evolved and expanded. This evolution can be seen from the changes in the regulations over a number of years. Early Treasury regulations provided that:Corporations organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes comprise, in general, organizations for the relief of the poor. The fact that a corporation established for the relief of indigent
persons may receive voluntary contributions from the persons intended to be relieved will not necessarily deprive it of exemption. Treas. Reg. 118, section 39.101(6)-(b) (1943)."

SOURCE: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopicb80.pdf

Charities may be tax exempted or not tax exempted. But a charity is "Corporations organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes comprise, in general, organizations for the relief of the poor."

There isn't any rules broken. For the fact that it isn't tax exempted doesn't change the definition of charity,

1. Charities are usually corporations established under state guidelines (True)
2. require IRS approval in order for contributions to them to be deductible from gross income by donors. (Working on it)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 08:45:11 PM

Next thing you know Vod will be harassing little girls running lemon-aid stands, demanding their health inspection paperwork and their business license.
Benevolentia (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:31:38 AM

Thankyou anonymous donors for helping us reach our goal!

Were at 522$ right now and need around 278$. I'm about to donate blood plasma tomorrow for 50$. The filing for a 1023 is almost within reach.
Benevolentia (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:11:01 AM

Thankyou donors for helping with the filing of the 1023, it's now currently in the process to be filed. News will be posted in the future.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 04:30:47 AM

Thankyou donors for helping with the filing of the 1023, it's now currently in the process to be filed. News will be posted in the future.

How long does it take to file?  It's almost three months now.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Benevolentia (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:38:00 AM

How Long is the IRS Taking to Approve Form 1023 Applications for Exemption?

Question:  If my nonprofit corporation files its IRS Form 1023 today, how long will it take before the IRS issues a letter approving the corporation as a tax-exempt Section 501(c) charitable organization?

Answer:  See the the IRS’ web page called “Where Is My Exemption Application?” to determine how far behind the IRS is in reviewing applications for tax-exemption.  We know of organizations that have received favorable IRS determination letters as quickly as six weeks and as long as two years after submitting applications for tax exemption.

SOURCE: http://www.keytlaw.com/nonprofitcorporations/1023-application-time/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: