Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Ever Bitcoin Bank to be Opened in Switzerland?  (Read 6926 times)
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:44:18 AM

This is not a good news. First bitcoin is decentralized currency, now it's first bank will be opened in Switzerland. Government will gain control of bitcoin if there's bitcoin bank in a country. Second, bitcoin is anonymous. If we transfer and exchange at bank, we must write our name, our purpose and the others.
defcon23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 12:03:55 PM

Second, bitcoin is anonymous.
 sorry mate but you're wrong... Bitcoin ISN"T anonymous... Cool  that's an urban legend.  Cool
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:01:06 PM

This is not a good news. First bitcoin is decentralized currency, now it's first bank will be opened in Switzerland. Government will gain control of bitcoin if there's bitcoin bank in a country. Second, bitcoin is anonymous. If we transfer and exchange at bank, we must write our name, our purpose and the others.

So you think anybody will force you to use a bank?
afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:46:47 PM

sorry mate but you're wrong... Bitcoin ISN"T anonymous... Cool  that's an urban legend.  Cool
I'm wrong Shocked. I read that from a blog Cheesy so maybe i'm false about bitcoin theory. Roll Eyes
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:23:02 PM

I'm wrong Shocked. I read that from a blog Cheesy so maybe i'm false about bitcoin theory. Roll Eyes

you're not that wrong, bitcoin can be anonymous, but it certainly isn't if you don't add anything, and just do your normal "send transaction/receiving transaction"

it's hilarious because banks, can not even force you, to use fiat(i might live, by swapping all day my old stuff with new ones, and continue this cycle endless, for example), let alone a decentralized thing like bitcoin

also some, can uses cash only, and thus evading the banks completely, there was a guy that was living only with that, his own ammission here on one forum
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:04:53 PM

Yes it is not great news for the bitcoin community as people generally prefer use of bitcoin due to the privacy factor attached to it so if the privacy factor is removed from the bitcoin then people will hesitate in using it as they have to disclose their identity.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 07:34:59 PM

Xapo anyone? They charge a fee to hold your bitcoins in a vault.
Exchanges? They provide bank like services to get your fiat.

Why is this seen as such a negative? We already have plenty of third party services that do many different things. Just because this third party service has the word "bank" in it does not mean that all of the sudden Bitcoin is not somehow controlled by bankers.

What I can see a bank doing is providing things like direct deposit to your bank account with any currency being converted directly to bitcoins.
I see debit cards that you can spend anywhere and it automatically converts it to the currency you need from your bitcoin balance.

Other than that it will be like having your coins on any other web wallet.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:41:42 PM

Lol..That is true nobody is  gonna force us to use bank for the sake of bitcoins I mean we really don't need a bank's involvement in the use of bitcoins we are using it and we will continue in the future without a bank.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:54:00 PM

if a bank accepts bitcoin as deposits ,i guess they would get too many bitcoins soo they could manipulate the worth,soo better stay away wanna interest? exchanges already allowing it to happen soo invest there lol and keep your precious away from government as bank owners lol
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:11:54 AM

if a bank accepts bitcoin as deposits ,i guess they would get too many bitcoins soo they could manipulate the worth,soo better stay away wanna interest? exchanges already allowing it to happen soo invest there lol and keep your precious away from government as bank owners lol

Yes you cannot trust neither government nor the banking systems of the country so it is better that we keep our bitcoin safe even if there are bitcoin banks available in the country and I really wish to keep my identity safe.
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:25:27 AM

wow that's great news
i also have heard of a news like this one but i think its an australian bank
iWokeUpLate

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:57:27 AM

You can't stop the fact coz it was already made.
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:14:12 AM

How much dividends for deposits will it pay and will there be any official written agreements or this bank will be able to scam you out of money like all these popular cloudmining websites our days? Cheesy

nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:54:45 PM

How much dividends for deposits will it pay and will there be any official written agreements or this bank will be able to scam you out of money like all these popular cloudmining websites our days? Cheesy

Exactly You cannot afford to trust the banking system when it comes to bitcoin. It is better not to invest in banking and just get carried with the procedure that we are using it right now that we would stay away from government and banks.
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:55:40 PM

If a bank holds your bitcoin, you have to submit identification. And they have control over your bitcoin with their wallets on their network.

The main reason for the existence of bitcoin totally goes against this.

You might as well get rid of your bitcoin and just use cash at this point.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:09:03 PM

If a bank holds your bitcoin, you have to submit identification. And they have control over your bitcoin with their wallets on their network.

The main reason for the existence of bitcoin totally goes against this.

You might as well get rid of your bitcoin and just use cash at this point.

it might be surely a way to regulate bitcoin in disguise, well why not? if that can help the bitcoin adoption, one should be in favor of it

despite this i'm sure many will use their service, those that are not too much into bitcoin, but that still want to use it as an alternative method
defcon23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:33:39 PM

despite this i'm sure many will use their service, those that are not too much into bitcoin, but that still want to use it as an alternative method
exactly Amph...  Cool &  just because of future regulations in their country......., and this will be come true for most of the EU's countries ( even if switzeland is NOT included in EU ... ) an for France too..unfortunately.. Wink
baltazar17

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:01:59 PM

Poor article, it doesn't say a word about what this bank is going to do. Who will be its customers? It's already very easy to buy and sell BTC in Switzerland. What is going to change with this bank? What will be better?
mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:40:14 PM

Poor article, it doesn't say a word about what this bank is going to do. Who will be its customers? It's already very easy to buy and sell BTC in Switzerland. What is going to change with this bank? What will be better?

Yeah and now we are so used to the Bitcoins that neither we need a bank nor we need a support from the government to start adopting and accepting bitcoin as a currency the only thing we need is the adoption from the people around us and if they are not aware we need to create an awareness level among them by disclosing the advantages of holding bitcoins.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:11:33 PM

there isnt a need to control the wallet just need the adress to get the interest paid montly on it ,in this case they would create the wallet us just will be able to see balance ,,,soo the bank couldnt lend our btc to others without we know soo not worthy for a bank... get deposits and offer interest without being able to lend those same money between users lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: