Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has bitcoin price not been moving?  (Read 2232 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:14:48 AM

BTC-China was leading a decline of today’s price wave to the downside. The decline reversed at $235.02 (Bitfinex) and 1460 CNY (BTC-Cina). Technical analysis looks at the prospects for the coming days, and we examine the lull in Bitcoin price movement during the past few weeks.

Continue here: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-not-moving/

What is your thought about that article? In these days the bitcoin world was 'attacked' with a lot of news but the price is 'locked'.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 08:27:15 AM

I expect there are quite a lot of buying support these days that despite all the fud and lies spreading around about an imminent crash, people are generally still unperturbed. And somehow the buying managed to keep the price stagnant at the same level that whatever new supply getting thrown to the market, it was bought up immediately. Further few months down the road should be exciting. I don't expect a crash anytime soon with all the hype surrounding the halving next year. 

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:06:31 AM

The influx of VC money to the Bitcoinsphere is almost out-of-whack with the current valuation of the coin. A few explanations come to mind (none to all of them may be correct):

- VC's are stupid
- the gov/banks are behind all of it and want to destroy the coin, and it's not a big deal how many dollars they must create to accomplish it
- the above, except they are not necessary up to killing it, just gaining a stranglehold as they did with gold and morphed it into fiat in a century-long process in 1871-1971
- The valuation is low and the people in-the-know see a good chance of reigniting the mania, gaining their investments back nicely
- The valuation is kept low by hook and crook, the infrastructure is being built, and also massive amounts of physical bitcoins acquired by the key players in the period of public insecurity

If I had this information and had cash, diversifying into bitcoins now woudl be a prudent action. Don't buy too much, and please remember to think through the storage arrangements, preferably diversifying that as well if the sum is non-trivial.

I think rpietila's thoughts fit perfect here.
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:31:26 AM

agreed guys the prices have recivered all the way to $246 over Sad and show no signs of stopping and im hoping this isnt just another pump Tongue

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:19:18 AM

people are soo focused on the price swings that they completely go into panic mode when the price doesn't move. relax. price will move once there is reason for it to move.
98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:09:03 PM

people are soo focused on the price swings that they completely go into panic mode when the price doesn't move. relax. price will move once there is reason for it to move.
and what can you call a reason for it to move? interest in bitcoin is growing and growing but its price is the same or falls

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:22:45 PM

I expect there are quite a lot of buying support these days that despite all the fud and lies spreading around about an imminent crash, people are generally still unperturbed. And somehow the buying managed to keep the price stagnant at the same level that whatever new supply getting thrown to the market, it was bought up immediately. Further few months down the road should be exciting. I don't expect a crash anytime soon with all the hype surrounding the halving next year. 
I think the halving could trigger a pump and dump cycle based on simply speculation and hype around the date, with a recovery following quickly after the pump, which would leave out a lot of people out of the game since im sure a lot will not buy back.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:11:05 PM

and what can you call a reason for it to move? interest in bitcoin is growing and growing but its price is the same or falls

traders are waiting for real news. something like seeing bitcoin being tradable at wallstreet. or amazon accepting bitcoin directly. most money is being invested in startups. not in bitcoin itself.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:00:44 AM

Price not moving is actually a good thing. Bitcoin may be used more, if it weren't so volatile.
Volatility scares the shit out of people, which is why merchants prefer to convert their bitcoins immediately.

lockscreen

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:17:09 AM

Price not moving is actually a good thing. Bitcoin may be used more, if it weren't so volatile.
Volatility scares the shit out of people, which is why merchants prefer to convert their bitcoins immediately.
I prefer stable prices, I mean rather than the price down would be better if stable .. would be better if the price moves up and stable
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:37:51 AM

I personally think we're seeing an accumulation phase before a trend reversal.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:31:12 AM

I personally think we're seeing an accumulation phase before a trend reversal.

Agree, I myself has been accumulating.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
volatilebtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:38:07 AM

Its moving and its moving down, may be in few days its price will regain a higher value. It may be primarily due to increasing number of altcoins. If there were no altcoins, price might have risen considerably. Bitcoin still is king and will be king forever .

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin faucet  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  Freebitc◔in   ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible  ↑↓ Highest Reward 50% Referral benefit  ↑↓
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:43:04 AM

stable price is good and all but not at this price, the real stability(the same you have for fait, swing of few decimal of cents) should come only after we achieve the real price of bitcoin, something that will makes the marketcap, look like a real asset and not a joke like it is right now with a 3B value
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 11:07:25 AM

It's a good thing, the price stablity, don't you think? I mean as long as the bitcoin market price remains stable, it will convince the investors that it's a invest-able currency rather than a currency to get rich.

real789

Activity: 294

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:44:52 AM

BTC-China was leading a decline of today’s price wave to the downside. The decline reversed at $235.02 (Bitfinex) and 1460 CNY (BTC-Cina). Technical analysis looks at the prospects for the coming days, and we examine the lull in Bitcoin price movement during the past few weeks.

What is your thought about that article? In these days the bitcoin world was 'attacked' with a lot of news but the price is 'locked'.

The range of price motion decreases over time and narrows to a virtual flatline. There are two common explanations for this: 1) market participants are unsure about the direction of the larger trend, and 2) the underlying psychological engine of market activity, namely volatility, is ebbing prior to a sudden onset of buying and selling.

My favorit quote

===Sempak===
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:37:05 PM

The range of price motion decreases over time and narrows to a virtual flatline. There are two common explanations for this: 1) market participants are unsure about the direction of the larger trend, and 2) the underlying psychological engine of market activity, namely volatility, is ebbing prior to a sudden onset of buying and selling.

My favorit quote

There are a lot of people with severe doubts about Bitcoin now with the blocksize thing. We need to solve this before we can aim at a solid recovery. Personally I don't fear this will have any impact on BTC and things will turn out ok, but it's a reasonable concern.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:00:38 PM

The whales profit from long term stable prices, they secretly buy and buy daily, while the weak hands get shaken since they lose trust. It's a psychological war what they play, and they are doing a good job.
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:52:17 PM

Sometimes stable price and i think its good, so people can accept bitcoin for investment and not scare he/she can  lost much money when investing or buy bitcoin
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:02:32 PM

Sometimes stable price and i think its good, so people can accept bitcoin for investment and not scare he/she can  lost much money when investing or buy bitcoin

'Stable' price would be a good thing for merchants, for traders it is terrible and bitcoin is still speculation and an investment not yet mainstream where stable would be good. We need volatility to make it exciting. I enjoy the swings and making some coin from them now is accumulating so get ready.

The whales profit from long term stable prices, they secretly buy and buy daily, while the weak hands get shaken since they lose trust. It's a psychological war what they play, and they are doing a good job.

No whales profit from ups and downs, ups they of course sell, downs they cause panic and a lot more people sell than they do with a stable price. This is very close to the bottom imo and they are accumulating as should any of you that has spare funds to average down. You are right about what game/war they are playing, I think it is great.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: