Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:23:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin synonyms - google search results  (Read 699 times)
GonnaGrinditout (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:17:05 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 12:31:46 PM by GonnaGrinditout

Hello,

I noticed that search term "btc" is recognized as a "bitcoin" synonym in google search results, whereas search term "bitcoin" is not recognized as a "btc" synonym.

Example for search terms "btc address" and "bitcoin address":

My question is simple: which url ranks better in google: btc-keyword.com or bitcoin-keyword.com for search term "bitcoin + keyword" . I heard that a shorter url is better, but what if the synonym is not recognized...

≛≛≛BTC  HUGE 7 BTC WELCOME BONUS  BTC≛≛≛
☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:31:24 PM

I would say "bitcoin". Most new users would search for bitcoin and not "btc". Also when "btc" is typed in "bitcoin" is registered. A shorter URL may be better, but I would say bitcoin-keyword fits the job. Since when being searched the term "bitcoin" would be used. This also depends on the amount of effort you put into SEO.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
GonnaGrinditout (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:37:05 PM

I would say "bitcoin". Most new users would search for bitcoin and not "btc". Also when "btc" is typed in "bitcoin" is registered. A shorter URL may be better, but I would say bitcoin-keyword fits the job. Since when being searched the term "bitcoin" would be used. This also depends on the amount of effort you put into SEO.
I agree, thanks. Also do you think there is a chance that "btc" can be recognized as a bitcoin synonym by google algorithm in the future? like "usd" is for "dollars" ?

☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:48:54 PM

I agree, thanks. Also is there a chance that "btc" can be recognized as a synonym by google algorithm in the future?
It already is. https://www.google.com/search?q=btc&gws_rd=ssl

The results that come up all have "btc" embedded somewhere in their domain. But for what you're referring to, all the results that you searched for with "bitcoin" are there. Due to relevance with the metadata and domain names, they'll be lower down or on different pages.

GonnaGrinditout (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:55:12 PM

I agree, thanks. Also is there a chance that "btc" can be recognized as a synonym by google algorithm in the future?

The results that come up all have "btc" embedded somewhere in their domain. But for what you're referring to, all the results that you searched for with "bitcoin" are there. Due to relevance with the metadata and domain names, they'll be lower down or on different pages.
You are right but if you search "bitcoin", the word "btc" is not highlighted in bold in search results. If you type "dollars", the word "usd" is highlighted in bold in results.

CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:13:10 PM

You are right but if you search "bitcoin", the word "btc" is not highlighted in bold in search results. If you type "dollars", the word "usd" is highlighted in bold in results.
Oh, yeah. That's something that can definitely be contested in the future. It's only fair if that happens to. At our current rate, I assume it will happen soon.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:31:17 PM

I think it must be Bitcoin, because BTC is the abbreviation. And BTC is taken from the word Bitcoin

faucet used to be profitable
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 04:20:54 PM

It's pretty difficult to predict the algo behind google search engine. When you say btc immediately the search algo will refer it to bitcoin. But when it comes to searching for the bitcoin keyword what comes out may not necessarily has anything to link with btc. In a way the keyword btc actually carries very little weight. Also you might have read that some time ago they have also changed their algo that having the keyword in the url may not necessarily will be given top ranking

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: