Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So the destruction of Bitcoin is now official?  (Read 6064 times)
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:19:33 AM

This is so risky, if one of the chain will be abbandone you will lose all your coin  Roll Eyes and this why all the community is worried (it is only a question of money, and it is really a tall order for gavin).

If Gavin launches his altcoin forked from Bitcoin, everyone who currently has Bitcoin will have the same number of Gavincoin. When his altcoin fades into obscurity, the original Bitcoins will still exist. Shortly after launch you may be able to sell your Gavincoins in exchange for extra real Bitcoins (or vice versa, if you think the altcoin will 'win') before the price drops significantly. But that's a gamble. It's safest just to hold both until you see which is going to 'win'.

Does it mean I can double spend?.  I will sell my Gavincoin (old bitcoin) in the GAvincoin chain and my old bitcoin is still in the bitcoin chain.  So I can spend that old bitcoin again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:22:40 AM

Remember guys...  Safehaven coin = LTC.  See you there when the madness really starts.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Eastwind

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:43:23 AM

Remember guys...  Safehaven coin = LTC.  See you there when the madness really starts.

LTC will just follow BTC.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 07:53:25 AM

Everyone, hurry up and buy the last coin before the fork happens, after the fork you have 50% chance end up buying the wrong coin Grin

or you doubled your money with 2 coins  Grin

@Eastwind

yes, Litecoin will follow  Smiley

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1241

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 07:54:25 AM

Everyone, hurry up and buy the last coin before the fork happens, after the fork you have 50% chance end up buying the wrong coin Grin

or you doubled your money with 2 coins  Grin

or not.   Grin

CLAM is a better option in my opinion and you get them for free from your empty LTC addresses.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:58:27 AM

Remember guys...  Safehaven coin = LTC.  See you there when the madness really starts.

Can you show the law that states this?

Not this time, mate.
Bitcoin crashes and does not recover while Litecoin flashcrashes with it and then goes to the fuckin' moon!

I'm already in it big time with additional fiat and btc on the sidelines for the flashcrash. I'm so ready for this!!!

PUMP LITECOIN ALREADY! WE DON'T WANT TO STAND THERE WITH PANTS DOWN WHEN BITCOIN DIES OFF! WE NEED LITECOIN ON ONE BILLION NOW FOR THE SAKE OF CRYPTOCURRENCY!!! THE SUCCESS OF CRYPTO CAN NOT DEPEND ON BITCOIN OR GAVIN ALONE!!! LITECOIN NOW!!!

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 08:05:24 AM

I'll just start posting the truth on all of these FUD threads.

Here is Gavin's question on a discussion board:
What do other people think?

If we can't come to an agreement soon, then I'll ask for help
reviewing/submitting patches to Mike's Bitcoin-Xt project that implement a
big increase now that grows over time so we may never have to go through
all this rancor and debate again.

I'll then ask for help lobbying the merchant services and exchanges and
hosted wallet companies and other bitcoind-using-infrastructure companies
(and anybody who agrees with me that we need bigger blocks sooner rather
than later) to run Bitcoin-Xt instead of Bitcoin Core, and state that they
are running it. We'll be able to see uptake on the network by monitoring
client versions.

Perhaps by the time that happens there will be consensus bigger blocks are
needed sooner rather than later; if so, great! The early deployment will
just serve as early testing, and all of the software already deployed will
ready for bigger blocks.

But if there is still no consensus among developers but the "bigger blocks
now" movement is successful, I'll ask for help getting big miners to do the
same, and use the soft-fork block version voting mechanism to (hopefully)
get a majority and then a super-majority willing to produce bigger blocks.
The purpose of that process is to prove to any doubters that they'd better
start supporting bigger blocks or they'll be left behind, and to give them
a chance to upgrade before that happens.

Because if we can't come to consensus here, the ultimate authority for
determining consensus is what code the majority of merchants and exchanges
and miners are running.

--
--
Gavin Andresen

we dont want that here Elwar  Grin !

(just kidding - thx)

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-217-the-bitcoin-block-size-discussion

Eastwind

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:09:31 AM

Not this time, mate.
Bitcoin crashes and does not recover while Litecoin flashcrashes with it and then goes to the fuckin' moon!

I'm already in it big time with additional fiat and btc on the sidelines for the flashcrash. I'm so ready for this!!!

PUMP LITECOIN ALREADY! WE DON'T WANT TO STAND THERE WITH PANTS DOWN WHEN BITCOIN DIES OFF! WE NEED LITECOIN ON ONE BILLION NOW FOR THE SAKE OF CRYPTOCURRENCY!!! THE SUCCESS OF CRYPTO CAN NOT DEPEND ON BITCOIN OR GAVIN ALONE!!! LITECOIN NOW!!!

I do not mean the price. The price of LTC dropped more than BTC over the last year.

I mean LTC follows BTC in the development of the coin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:18:34 AM

This is so risky, if one of the chain will be abbandone you will lose all your coin  Roll Eyes and this why all the community is worried (it is only a question of money, and it is really a tall order for gavin).

If Gavin launches his altcoin forked from Bitcoin, everyone who currently has Bitcoin will have the same number of Gavincoin. When his altcoin fades into obscurity, the original Bitcoins will still exist. Shortly after launch you may be able to sell your Gavincoins in exchange for extra real Bitcoins (or vice versa, if you think the altcoin will 'win') before the price drops significantly. But that's a gamble. It's safest just to hold both until you see which is going to 'win'.

Does it mean I can double spend?.  I will sell my Gavincoin (old bitcoin) in the GAvincoin chain and my old bitcoin is still in the bitcoin chain.  So I can spend that old bitcoin again?

it seems so, so you can just fire up the XT client and having there your old coins with a simple wallet copy-paste(as well as having them in your old core client too), if this is the case, bitcoin it starting to look like a scam now...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:42:29 AM

That's true. The exchange rate of LTC depends upon the same of BTC. When BTC rises, LTC also rises, but more steeply. Similarly, when BTC drops, LTC also drops, but more steeply when compared to the Bitcoin (due to the lower market cap). This is applicable not just to the Litecoin, but to all the other shitcoins (such as Quark, Doge, Terracoin.etc) as well.

In short, there will be no other crypto without the original (BTC).
Cruxer

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:47:54 AM

"So the destruction of Bitcoin is now official?"

No, but a shitty childish clickbait thread title is.
Agree, clickbait fud topic. Bitcoin will adjust, block size need to increase.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:39:33 AM

Isn't testnet for those stuff? Why is Gavin pushing this forward all the time? If you think that's a great idea then test it on testnet with possible all scenarios (stress tests etc). Then if it gives positive results then implement it on current chain...

Yes you can test bitcoinXT just now : https://github.com/bitcoinxt/bitcoinxt

This is so risky, if one of the chain will be abbandone you will lose all your coin  Roll Eyes and this why all the community is worried (it is only a question of money, and it is really a tall order for gavin).

Yes you can simply (as concept) double spend your coin from both the chains (chain-A_core and chain-B_XT) but you should also find someone who will buy your Chain-B_XT's coins.

Example:

This is my address: 1GkGt3218AM8FU7ZGDCeZS4LWZR8xeZcjf

during the fork I will have the same amount on the two chains, and if I will be lucky I can spend two times the same sum.
hund

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:42:20 AM

I do not mean the price. The price of LTC dropped more than BTC over the last year.

I mean LTC follows BTC in the development of the coin.

Does this mean when Bitcoin will selfdestruct Litecoin will also blow itself up without a second thought?
ancientOne1

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:43:37 PM

When will this fork occur exactly?
hund

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:45:03 PM

When will this fork occur exactly?

Not before march 2016.
So it'll be no demand for BTC. Could well die off before the fork due to no demand and people just plain dumping the living daylight out of it for the next 9 months.

Sell, sell, sell
Buy alts and US-Dollar, Euro, Yen whatever but quit Bitcoin and do not support anything Gavin Andresen is involved in ever again!
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:51:45 PM

Remember guys...  Safehaven coin = LTC.  See you there when the madness really starts.

Not this time, mate.

Lol, it's okay Mr LTC bagholder. Yes, LTC will meet the same fate as BTC eventually, they both have a blocksize limit, even if it will take more time for LTC to achieve that fate, it's a guaranteed one. The advantage BTC has is it will solve it better than the rest of the coins.
And for the ones against the 20MB fork: what is your fucking solution you geniuses? should we just wait and see what happens once we reach the limit?
BTI4LIFE

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:40:32 PM

Does it mean I can double spend?.  I will sell my Gavincoin (old bitcoin) in the GAvincoin chain and my old bitcoin is still in the bitcoin chain.  So I can spend that old bitcoin again?

it seems so, so you can just fire up the XT client and having there your old coins with a simple wallet copy-paste(as well as having them in your old core client too), if this is the case, bitcoin it starting to look like a scam now...

you are not understanding PRICE does not matter to these cats~only enhanced functionality ! ;-) easy
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:58:14 PM

in the current scenario litecoin is a safe haven if the sky does fall for bitcoin over this fork.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:41:45 PM

in the current scenario litecoin is a safe haven if the sky does fall for bitcoin over this fork.
Why? In any case Litecoin is a pretty abandoned coin (look at its reddit activity) that may or not may get a huge pump and dump in the coming months only because it is the original altcoin so to speak.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:51:48 PM

Why? In any case Litecoin is a pretty abandoned coin (look at its reddit activity) that may or not may get a huge pump and dump in the coming months only because it is the original altcoin so to speak.

Bitcoin will be with high likelyness worthless 12 months from now. Pumping LTC to a decent cap makes sense because we need a coin to trade other coins against and too many people are repulsed and disgusted by Gavin and Bitcoin in general aswell as parts of this community. So a LTC pump makes a hell lot of sense from my point of view so the retards can make their circus and we don't need to care.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: