Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:19:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: June 1 BitLotto draw now worth over 1000 USD or 114 BTC!  (Read 1964 times)
bitlotto (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 03:04:12 AM

Using value of 8.8 USD per BTC.
See www.bitlotto.com if you want to enter.

Just remember:
-use Bitcoin software running on your own computer to enter only! Don't use an Ewallet!
-price is 1 BTC per ticket (don't sent more than that per transaction, next draw will be 0.25 BTC)
-payment has to be in a block BEFORE the first block appears with date after 00:00:00 UTC of the 1st
-backup your wallet to ensure you can get the winnings if you win

Has got me wondering. For those in the know, would this be the largest in USD value prize ever in a Bitcoin lottery? (I know TAABL had bigger BTC prizes but BTC wasn't worth as much before...)

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinlottery

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:01:15 AM

Pretty much Wink
bitcoinlottery

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:04:18 AM

And still growing Shocked. 124 btc now
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 04:01:21 PM

Hmm. Mention a large lottery and a bunch of other ones sprout out.  Shocked Hopefully it doesn't shrink all the current lotteries!  Wink

For those who want to play some of the other lotteries:
-beware that some *could* be scams - I've seen some but luckily I think the most they made out with was 10 BTC or so...if I remember correctly
-if all they say is send money to: (address) without explaining what ways to send from DON'T DO IT
-beware those who are *picking randomly* but they have no system for independently verifying the random number - DON'T DO IT - they could easily enter themselves and then "randomly" pick themselves

There are some that do seem legitimate and are trying but there are also some that look like scams. Some are seeing BitLotto and thinking they can get that kind of jackpot without setting up a cheat proof system or building trust, hoping to run with some BTC.

Just worries me after reading some of the announcements....I welcome honest competition so if any others are looking for advice or help, I'm willing!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
bitcoinlottery

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 04:58:17 PM

Hmm. Mention a large lottery and a bunch of other ones sprout out.  Shocked Hopefully it doesn't shrink all the current lotteries!  Wink

For those who want to play some of the other lotteries:
-beware that some *could* be scams - I've seen some but luckily I think the most they made out with was 10 BTC or so...if I remember correctly
-if all they say is send money to: (address) without explaining what ways to send from DON'T DO IT
-beware those who are *picking randomly* but they have no system for independently verifying the random number - DON'T DO IT - they could easily enter themselves and then "randomly" pick themselves

There are some that do seem legitimate and are trying but there are also some that look like scams. Some are seeing BitLotto and thinking they can get that kind of jackpot without setting up a cheat proof system or building trust, hoping to run with some BTC.

Just worries me after reading some of the announcements....I welcome honest competition so if any others are looking for advice or help, I'm willing!
You deserve a big THANK YOU  Grin for helping me =).
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 06:23:53 PM

You deserve a big THANK YOU  Grin for helping me =).
No problem. I don't mind at all. If you have other questions I'll try to answer.

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 06:25:56 PM

draw closes in less than 6 hours. Keep that in mind as you send the tickets and are deciding if you pay a transaction fee or not. As it gets closer, the risk of being late gets higher. Remember it has to be in a block by the time and not just sent.

TOR2WEB
1fyll

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 06:30:00 AM

Hello.
It seems that I have won, but I haven't received the bitcoins yet. Smiley
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 06:33:34 AM

Hmmm, let's see.

Single-post user: Check
Username with first 5 digits of winning bitcoin address: Check
Smells like someone trying to get some extra bitcoins for nothing: Check
1fyll

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 08:12:30 AM

Don't be so paranoid.
I trust bitlotto and I think bitcoins will arrive soon, I just wanted to help bitlotto by following this suggestion "If you won, feel free to tell others on a forum or blog!"
If I would really have problem with receiving the winning I would contact with Bitlotto instead using random post in one forum.
bitcoinlottery

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 08:21:41 AM

Don't be so paranoid.
I trust bitlotto and I think bitcoins will arrive soon, I just wanted to help bitlotto by following this suggestion "If you won, feel free to tell others on a forum or blog!"
If I would really have problem with receiving the winning I would contact with Bitlotto instead using random post in one forum.

Congratulations then =)
The transaction is listed in your adress: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1FYLEjcJo9BiTEMet7GLpqbFJpTbnwhWWy , so I don't know what else BitLotto can do for you... (I am not from BitLotto).
1fyll

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 08:28:57 AM

Usually it takes some time to receive bitcoins and now I got them.
It is nice, nice. Grin Grin
bitcoinlottery

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:15:09 AM

Great Wink
bitcoinlottery

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:17:26 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2011, 12:23:57 PM by bitcoinlottery

Btw, draw is now worth 134.6 * 16.8 = 2 261.28 USD Wink
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2011, 01:41:40 AM

CONGRATS!! You're the first winner to announce themselves. The former winner chose to remain secret. Man, as the price is going up, that's going to be some sum of money you got!!! I'm jealous!  Tongue LOL.

TOR2WEB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: