Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Namecoin wallet  (Read 33641 times)
ninaw (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:52:43 PM

Hi,

Sorry for that newbie question, but I can't figure where and how to get a NMC Wallet in order to start collecting NMC.

I registered an account on Vircurex, but I can't see anywhere my NMC wallet adress.

Many thanks !!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BobbyJo

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 08:32:59 PM

I had trouble with this as well.  I dont think that there is a NMC GUI wallet yet, its all command line or online.  I certainly couldnt find anything.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 08:57:51 PM

My Bitcoin Address utility can generate Namecoin addresses.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BobbyJo

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 09:14:41 PM

But can you diosplay the seperation in your wallet, showing 200 BTC and 50 NMC for example?

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 11:20:22 PM

Nope it just generates namecoin addresses from private keys so you can make paper wallets and hold nmc long term and nothing more. Who knows if namecoind even supports private key import.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Jambi

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:11:25 AM

Hi,

Sorry for that newbie question, but I can't figure where and how to get a NMC Wallet in order to start collecting NMC.

I registered an account on Vircurex, but I can't see anywhere my NMC wallet adress.

Many thanks !!!!!

I've used Ufasoft Coin for a few months.  It stores BTC, LTC, and NMC.  Lately I've been having problems with it downloading the NMC block chain.  Has anyone else had the same problem? 

Also, you can import and export keys using pywallet.
Mandelbrot

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:14:32 AM

You can do what most people do and just mine directly to their Bitparking or BTC-E wallets.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:59:30 PM

You can do what most people do and just mine directly to their Bitparking or BTC-E wallets.
Links:
http://exchange.bitparking.com (my personal favorite)
http://btc-e.com (also good)
Capital One Corporation

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:41:25 PM

until someone buy the .bit domain, the namecoin will not appreciate much.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 03:50:12 PM

Or modifies it so it becomes the backbone of .onion and .i2p domains, since these services actually have a meaningful need for domain name service, whereas the majority of the world considers the system we have now to be more-or-less adequate.

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:02:24 PM

At Vircurex, once you log in, click on the 'Accounts' link on the menu bar.
Scroll down the list of all the alt-currencies ( what they call "chains" ) to beside NMC and click on Generate address.
A deposit address will now show up for you to use to send namecoins to your Vircurex account. 
You can just store your NMC there if you are planning on selling them right away. 

You can also go to http://dot-bit.org/forum  to learn more about setting up a namecoin wallet on your local system.
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:36:37 PM

Or modifies it so it becomes the backbone of .onion and .i2p domains, since these services actually have a meaningful need for domain name service, whereas the majority of the world considers the system we have now to be more-or-less adequate.

or a SSL/TLS certificate authority replacement (http://dot-bit.org/Namespace:Domain_names_v2.0#TLS_support)
or a web of trust
or a news broadcasting dividend paying stock share monster
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 04:42:05 PM

or a SSL/TLS certificate authority replacement (http://dot-bit.org/Namespace:Domain_names_v2.0#TLS_support)
or a web of trust

Or an alias/firstbits registry

Or a decentralized web shortcut registry

phelix
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:48:13 AM

or a web of trust

Or an alias/firstbits registry

Or a decentralized web shortcut registry

it is that already: http://bx.bit http://nx.bit http://nf.bit 

unfortunately I could not find the person owning bt.bit to have it directed to this forum.

paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:19:58 AM

just try to use a offline wallet............... for all your coins !

never trust a web wallet ! wy ?

if the website go's away crashec or be hacked is saver to store your coins " at home in a wallet like multibit wallet...!
clicksmoney

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:27:35 AM

It's NMC - that's an acceptable risk IMO  Kiss

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:14:30 AM

I'm wondering if there is a Namecoin e-wallet account I can transfer it to so I can trade it or use it??
There seems to be slim pickings.

Gusbaj

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:02:39 AM

Namecoin Wallet : http://namecoin.info/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: