Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost a long post again  (Read 513 times)
gambit1 (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:52:04 AM

I made a long post again, was about to post it and I hit something on the keyboard and it disappeared. Its not in drafts cause I didn't preview it. Do I really have to cut and paste forum post text every time? What did I hit??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:55:47 AM

Next time, press the back button. The post should re-appear. Then copy it and paste it in a new (refreshed) reply page.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:09:35 AM

Next time, press the back button. The post should re-appear. Then copy it and paste it in a new (refreshed) reply page.

This thing works only in Chrome. I just tried it on Mozilla and unfortunately it failed to re-appear.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:28:15 AM

This thing works only in Chrome. I just tried it on Mozilla and unfortunately it failed to re-appear.

It works also with Opera, the unique browser that 'refresh' the page as you said is Firefox (but maybe also other unknown browsers).
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:31:32 AM

It works also with Opera, the unique browser that 'refresh' the page as you said is Firefox (but maybe also other unknown browsers).
Am sadly I had to open Internet Explorer just to check if it works there or not. Took 3-4 minutes to open the site and next 1 min to open PM page, after writing something, took another 2 minutes to get back and find out it doesn't work even there.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 11:35:04 AM

Yup. Pisses me off so much in Firefox, seriously why would I want to clear the page I was just interacting with...

If you want to write a long post you can do so in notepad ++, it autosaves every 5 seconds or so.

syuhide

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:13:27 PM

I made a long post again, was about to post it and I hit something on the keyboard and it disappeared. Its not in drafts cause I didn't preview it. Do I really have to cut and paste forum post text every time? What did I hit??

i will recommend you to try hitting back button as all contents will reappear in it..
one thing you can try to avoid clear of text is always before submitting any post press clrt+a and ctrl+c it will behave as backup of your precious time changing thoughts which you wrote down that time..

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 02:26:50 PM

Its probably best to starting hitting preview every now and then. I rarely had the problem, but I dont think there is anything the board can do to fix it. If you post a long post my assumption would be that you also reread what you wrote from time to time, use that moment to hit preview and you should be fine.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
liie888coins

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

Part-time Altcoin Developer

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:25:43 PM

Yup. Pisses me off so much in Firefox, seriously why would I want to clear the page I was just interacting with...

If you want to write a long post you can do so in notepad ++, it autosaves every 5 seconds or so.

Cool. I am also using notepad ++ to draft my posts.   Smiley

And it is so stable and good for drafting even very very long posts.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:39:22 PM

I lost a long post because I got error 503 when I clicked "Post". And it is not in preview, too Sad

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 06:39:50 PM

Cool. I am also using notepad ++ to draft my posts.   Smiley

And it is so stable and good for drafting even very very long posts.

Yeah. There's also quite a few addons you can put in to do specific tasks as well, although couldn't see one for SMF / forums.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:00:44 PM

That trick works in safari aswell or at least it does for me but lately the forum has been working really slow for me, i go to a section and sometimes it takes 20 seconds to load, no error. When im posting, sometimes it takes 20 seconds again to post, is it just me?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: